Metal Storm logo
David Ellefson And Frank Bello - Join Forces In New Project

Two metal bassists from the 'Big 4', Anthrax's Frank Bello and Megadeth's David Ellefson have joined their musical talents and formed a new band called Altitudes & Attitude. The new project from the two longtime friends will see the light of day through a self-titled EP out on January 14th, 2014 via Megaforce Records. You can now listen to an advance preview available over here. Alternatively, you can hear it through the player below.

The two bassists begun writing music together while traveling the world during the "Metal Masters" clinics. All the songs on the EP were written by Frank Bello and David Ellefson. They were recorded, engineered and mixed by Jay Ruston.

Ellefson says: "What started out as simple bass ideas quickly developed into some really great songs together. Our fans would probably never suspect that a couple of Metal bass players would have songs like these inside of us. It's exciting to write melody with diversity while still pushing the limits of lead-bass playing. Frank's singing, and both of us playing guitars and other instruments, gave us a whole new dimension for creative opportunities."

Adds Bello: "We thought it would be cool to let fans hear something they wouldn't expect from us ? which is what Altitudes & Attitude is."

Altitudes & Attitude tracklist:

01. Booze & Cigarettes
02. Tell The World
03. Here Again

Altitudes & Attitude EP credits:

• Frank Bello: lead vocals, electric guitar, 8-string bass guitar
  • David Ellefson: 4-, 5- and 8-string bass guitars, rhythm guitars
  • Jeff Friedl (A Perfect Circle): drums and percussion
  • Special guest - Gus G. ( Firewind, Ozzy Osbourne): lead guitar on "Here Again".

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Megadeth
  • Posted: 13.12.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 2   Visited by: 40 users
    14.12.2013 - 09:01
    LeChron James
    Helvetesfossen
    That sounded like Jorn if he traded in his vocals for Booze and Cigarettes and tried to make an album. What I'm trying to say is that this sounds like the collaboration between two bassists.
    ----
    Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
    Stay Pure
    Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
    14.12.2013 - 23:51
    TrialByFire

Two of my favourite bassists collaborating... cool!

Hits total: 2402 | This month: 3