Metal Storm logo
Cult Of Luna - Issue Statement About Band's Future

The Swedes Cult Of Luna have announced, or rather implied, that the band will be taking a break from their busy schedule after next year's Beyond The Redshift festival in the UK which they are curating. The statement is quite cryptic and non-specific but it does seem that you should expect a lot less activity from them after May 2014 for a while.

The band issued this statement: "The Beyond The Redshift festival in London on May the 10th will be a very special show for Cult Of Luna. It will mark the end of an era and after that we will slowly disappear before we reappear again in some form in some indefinite future. Because of that Klas will join us on stage for the last time and we will play a whole lot of old songs which we haven't played for years or ever. We might ask for your help to choose songs. More on that later."

And another one to "clarify": "We are not quitting. 2013 have been a very active year for us and neither do we want or think it is good to continue in that pace. We will not be a band that put out an album every 18-24 month anymore. We did that for almost 10 years when we were younger and were able to focus more on the music. After 'Beyond The Redshift' we might do a festival or two but after that we have nothing planned. Maybe we'll release another album next year or maybe in a decade, we honestly don't know. Sooner or later we will return in one form or another. Cult Of Luna will not die."

Cult Of Luna will be curating a brand new festival to take place across three venues in London next May. Beyond The Redshift will feature bands playing in and around an "audio-visual experience" set to break boundaries at The Forum, The Dome and the Boston Music Room in London, UK, on May 10th.

The following bands are already confirmed to play: Cult Of Luna, Amplifier, God Seed, Amenra, Bossk, Dirk Serries and Blueneck.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cult Of Luna
Posted: 18.12.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 87 users
18.12.2013 - 12:34
Hallford9000
Hell it took them five years to release the last album, what the heck is he talking about with 18-24 months? However, they aren't the most creative band out there anymore...
18.12.2013 - 14:09
Kuroboshi
My favorite band though... Too bad. But, to quote Casablanca, "We'll always have Somewhere... Ahem, Paris".
18.12.2013 - 14:36
JD
Account deleted
Drama-queens-level-expert
18.12.2013 - 14:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Hallford9000 on 18.12.2013 at 12:34
However, they aren't the most creative band out there anymore...

I would definitely argue otherwise. Not to say they are the most creative, but how many other bands are doing what Cult of Luna do? There are a lot of sludge and post-metal bands out there but I don't think any of them matched the creativity and originality of Vertikal this year. Considering their progression from their debut and how they have incorporated new influences on each successive release, I would say they're a pretty creative band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.12.2013 - 15:43
Vombatus
Potorro
Meh, normal thing to do for a band. Just doing something else after they release new album + touring a while. Some people have reading comprehension problems and thought they were splitting up. They need drama.

That said, the line-up for this redshift thing is quite sexy.
18.12.2013 - 15:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.12.2013 at 14:48
I was going to say the same thing but I knew someone else would do it. Too lazy.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2013 - 16:31
Hallford9000
Quote:
I would definitely argue otherwise. Not to say they are the most creative, but how many other bands are doing what Cult of Luna do? There are a lot of sludge and post-metal bands out there but I don't think any of them matched the creativity and originality of Vertikal this year. Considering their progression from their debut and how they have incorporated new influences on each successive release, I would say they're a pretty creative band.

oh boy i hate getting quoted so i have to defend my thoughts and shit... well maybe i had to caps lock the word "anymore". I listen to them because of their creativity but i wouldn't say that Vertikal manages to do outshine any of their previous albums. I loved that album after the first listen but after two more it got tedious. Pretty quickly for a "creative" band. And I'm a guy that really likes post metal. Now, throw five years of making on top of it... But hey Troy! That's only my opinion! I understand that you think otherwise and i'm not trying to convince you otherwise, i'm only trying to explain the thoughts i had.
18.12.2013 - 18:36
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Woah, talk about sensitive.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.12.2013 - 21:52
tea[m]ster