Metal Storm logo
James LaBrie - Announces New EP, Title Track Online

This is such an intense period for James LaBrie. Following the success of his latest album Impermanent Resonance, the Dream Theater singer is now announcing a new solo EP called I Will Not Break. The digital EP will be released on January 6th, 2014 in Europe and January 14th in North America via InsideOut.

Here you can listen to the EP's title track, "I Will Not Break":

While here you can take a look at the EP cover, which resembles the Impermanent Resonance cover, and tracklist.

01. I Will Not Break
02. Unraveling
03. Why
04. Coming Home [alternate mix]
05. Jekyll Or Hyde [demo]
06. Just Watch Me [demo]
07. I Tried [Jason Miller remix]
08. Over The Edge [Mutrix remix]
09. Euphoric [NeonGenesis remix]

James LaBrie checked in to comment about the upcoming EP: "Hey Everyone! Matt, Marco, Peter, Ray and yours truly are very pleased to release this digital EP. It will show some of the songs with alternate mixes as well as letting you hear Matt's exceptional voice with some of the songs in their demo versions. We also had 3 of the songs mixed in dub step stylings to give them a somewhat interesting flavour and twist. Hope you all enjoy this release, I personally think it is very cool. All the best in the New Year and see you out there..."

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: James LaBrie
Posted: 21.12.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 86 users
21.12.2013 - 14:05
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
A suprisingly uninteresting tracklist. The only tracks which can intrigue are demo versions of J&H and Just Watch Me
21.12.2013 - 14:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Yes, I wish it had new songs. The demos are actually from songs I like, so that could be interesting, but the rest isn't that appealing.

I did like Impermanent Resonance and continue to be a James LaBrie fan, of his voice and solo work. DT goes without saying but he is much less prominent there in so many aspects.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.12.2013 - 14:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, can't argue over "Impermanent Resonance" was unsuccessful campaign for him or not but I think that album was totally boring and commercial. Its merely to please prog fans and let them know he hasn't vanished from the scene.

Okay, about Dream Theater stuff, well, they somehow balancing themselves to be remain active with the fans.
21.12.2013 - 14:58
Byners
Dubstep remix? Oh god...
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
21.12.2013 - 15:05
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Why does James LaBrie even have a side project, his vocals aren't impressive Also, if this song is indicative of the quality of his last album, it must be pretty generic

Hits total: 2839 | This month: 8