Metal Storm logo
Playlist for a marathon

23.12.2013 - 05:35
carltonh

I listen to and like most types of metal, and am about to run a semi-unprepared marathon. My pace will be slow and I expect 4-5 hours assuming my knees don't give out completely. So with a pace that will not be fast, any opinions on songs and albums I should consider for a playlist? I think my favorite song is Turisas' "End of an Empire" and favorite bands are Ayreon, Mirrorthrone, Madder Mortem, Amberian Dawn, dozens more, but I like most from soft like Delain to brutal and technical death, avantgarde, black, gothic, doom, etc.. What songs are good to push forward regardless of pace?

This might be the first time I've used the forum, but I use the database to find new music almost everyday for a year.
23.12.2013 - 06:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Honestly when I combine music and working out/running/exercising I listen to some fast-paced mindless straightforward stuff like Lamb of God, Goatwhore, DevilDriver, Converge, Destroyer 666, Benighted, or Blood Red Throne. They aren't the greatest for slower paces aside from a few tracks here and there throughout their discographies, but you did mention liking some types of extreme metal. Anyway here's a few personal favorites:

LoG: Ruin, Hourglass, Descending, Blacken the Cursed Sun, Contractor
Goatwhore: Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult, Forever Consumed Oblivion, My Eyes Are the Spears of Chaos
DevilDriver: Hold Back the Day, Just Run (for the irony, come on)
Converge: Jane Doe album
Destroyer 666: Defiance album
Benighted: Identisick - Asylum Cave albums
Blood Red Throne: Monument of Death album
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2013 - 16:14
Sean 79

Written by carltonh on 23.12.2013 at 05:35

I listen to and like most types of metal, and am about to run a semi-unprepared marathon. My pace will be slow and I expect 4-5 hours assuming my knees don't give out completely. So with a pace that will not be fast, any opinions on songs and albums I should consider for a playlist? I think my favorite song is Turisas' "End of an Empire" and favorite bands are Ayreon, Mirrorthrone, Madder Mortem, Amberian Dawn, dozens more, but I like most from soft like Delain to brutal and technical death, avantgarde, black, gothic, doom, etc.. What songs are good to push forward regardless of pace?

This might be the first time I've used the forum, but I use the database to find new music almost everyday for a year.

I think positive/uplifting lyrics might help. Something like Arch Enemy - We will Rise

Whatever you decide, best of luck
09.01.2014 - 08:42
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Marathon music? What about Iron Maiden's The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"