Twilightfall
The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire
Marble Moon
Return Of The Vampire Lord

Total votes: 37
11.01.2007 - 00:14
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
Yeah return of the vampire lord and marble moon are not full lenght albums but they are works from them so i decided to include it.
I really can't decide my vote its very hard, I love all lol.
I vote... omg... Lunar poetry .
In my opinion their worst album (but still great) its Weltanschauung.
Vote your opinions
11.01.2007 - 00:23
Basso
Account deleted
During the first three months as a NM fan I would without doubt say Goat Horns, and I would totally dismiss Nechrist and Weltanschauung.

However NeChrist and Weltanschauung both grew very heavily on me.

And my present opinion about Nokturnal Mortums albums is:

NeChrist, Goat Horns , Lunar Poetry , To The Gates..., and Weltanschauung. Then the others.

NeChrist has really really grew heavily on me and all songs on that album are masterpieces.
11.01.2007 - 01:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for this "Lunar Poetry" because its one of my fav album of this great Ukrainian band , I vote for it because this is lyricaly best album, musicaly its great too, Necrist too, but lyricaly this, and Return of the Vampire Lord. i hade read lyrics but nevar hear it.
and I once say a lot of about band in band tread
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.01.2007 - 01:37
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I only have Goat Horns and Weltanschauung. I vote Goat Horns. I really like this album. I want to hear more from them though...
11.01.2007 - 02:39
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Lunar Poetry is amazing, blood chilling music full of a quiet emotion... by far their best release
11.01.2007 - 11:59
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Both Lunar Poetry and Weltanschauung are awsome albums. However, my fav 1 is Weltanschauung, dunno why xD. They're one of my fav sympho black bands.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
11.01.2007 - 23:47
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Guest on 11.01.2007 at 00:23

During the first three months as a NM fan I would without doubt say Goat Horns, and I would totally dismiss Nechrist and Weltanschauung.

Funny, I never got to the point that I liked NeChrist or Weltanschauung. Goat Horns is an amazing, innovative symphonic black metal album. Marble Moon had quite some experimental songs, and an excellent Death SS cover. I really like the double keyboard players on Goat Horns, it adds so much to the music, it made them "stand out" compared with the other big mass of black metal acts.

Also, the nazism on the later albums, the racism, and Knjaz Varggoth in general, is just something that made it less enjoyable for me. I prefer their dark, paganic themed albums, which are mostly the older albums.

Anyway, my vote goes to Goat Horns
12.01.2007 - 00:15
Basso
Account deleted
Written by AntaeusM on 11.01.2007 at 23:47

Also, the nazism on the later albums, the racism, and Knjaz Varggoth in general, is just something that made it less enjoyable for me. I prefer their dark, paganic themed albums, which are mostly the older albums.

Prefectly understandable arguments. And actually I used them myself before NeChrist poked me in the back and said "Look I'm even better".

The funny thing is that Nokturnal Mortum was one of the first black metla bands I came in contact with. When I was new to exploring extreme metal I started downloading (no buying then ) Dimmu borgir and stuff and asked for similar good acts. Someone said Nokturnal Mortum and by chanse I downloaded NeChrist.

After listening to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant from Dimmu Borgir for the first time (I was blown away) I started NeChrist, and immediatly saw something strange. "The Call of Aryan Spirit". I started the song and searched for the lyrics. I was full of disgust when I read the lyrics and I immideatly removed all NM songs I had downloaded and I propagated to all my friends to avoid Nokturnal Mortum because they where nazi scum etc.

Funny thing was I once heard Kuyavia, (not knowing what band performed it) and I went totally nuts, best song ever I thought. Then I realised it was NM, I got kinda cracked up. But I swallowed my pride and started loving them. But I never gave the nazi albums a chanse.

My history with this band is rather silly, I mean I hated them.... now they are up there with Emperor. lol
12.01.2007 - 00:47
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Guest on 12.01.2007 at 00:15

Prefectly understandable arguments. And actually I used them myself before NeChrist poked me in the back and said "Look I'm even better".

The funny thing is that Nokturnal Mortum was one of the first black metla bands I came in contact with. When I was new to exploring extreme metal I started downloading (no buying then ) Dimmu borgir and stuff and asked for similar good acts. Someone said Nokturnal Mortum and by chanse I downloaded NeChrist.

After listening to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant from Dimmu Borgir for the first time (I was blown away) I started NeChrist, and immediatly saw something strange. "The Call of Aryan Spirit". I started the song and searched for the lyrics. I was full of disgust when I read the lyrics and I immideatly removed all NM songs I had downloaded and I propagated to all my friends to avoid Nokturnal Mortum because they where nazi scum etc.

Funny thing was I once heard Kuyavia, (not knowing what band performed it) and I went totally nuts, best song ever I thought. Then I realised it was NM, I got kinda cracked up. But I swallowed my pride and started loving them. But I never gave the nazi albums a chanse.

My history with this band is rather silly, I mean I hated them.... now they are up there with Emperor. lol

Well, NeChrist was also my introduction to them, and I quickly stopped listening to them(especially because I heard Aryan Terrorism just a few weeks after Nokturnal Mortum, which made me really hate Knjaz Varggoth). At that time I thought "The Call of Aryan Spirit" was one very catchy song, but ridiculously racist. I was just lucky that my shuffle selected "Family Vault". That was uhm..2 or 3 years later after hearing NeChrist. Anyway, I loved that song, even when it was a cover. After that I started to explore their old albums, and really enjoyed those. The new stuff is still way too racist for my liking. Personally I am someone who just rather ignore this entire "NSBM" thing. Nokturnal Mortum is a band who had a lot of potential in the past. They are kinda wasting it now though.
12.01.2007 - 15:22
Basso
Account deleted
Yeah I understand your argument very well in every aspect. Whats even more bothersome is that my fav song by nokturnal mortum is "Call of aryan spirit", mainly because of the sudden flute and folkish explosion in the track around 2:00. That part alone really gives me the goosebumps. But the lyrics to that song is horrible...

About Weltanschauung being to racist I really dont care, since the version I own is the Ukrainian version. So they sing in ukrainan (dont understand anything = good thing)
12.01.2007 - 16:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AntaeusM on 11.01.2007 at 23:47

Written by Guest on 11.01.2007 at 00:23

Funny, I never got to the point that I liked NeChrist or Weltanschauung. Goat Horns is an amazing, innovative symphonic black metal album. Marble Moon had quite some experimental songs, and an excellent Death SS cover. I really like the double keyboard players on Goat Horns, it adds so much to the music, it made them "stand out" compared with the other big mass of black metal acts.

I agree because NS themes in music its cant survive long because after time wont be lyrics hwo much can sing about glory of Vieler and co... IMO soem albums, but pagan, nature, mysticism themes are immortal

About NM and nazism, I jsut read lyrics and didnt find any NSBM type lyric and IMO never will because thay are slavs and that NS band's are lil difernt

Hope I understand corect

PS Does soemoen knwos what Knaz are
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2007 - 16:44
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.01.2007 at 16:34

I agree because NS themes in music its cant survive long because after time wont be lyrics hwo much can sing about glory of Vieler and co... IMO soem albums, but pagan, nature, mysticism themes are immortal

About NM and nazism, I jsut read lyrics and didnt find any NSBM type lyric and IMO never will because thay are slavs and that NS band's are lil difernt

Hope I understand corect

Knjaz means leader or something. Thats all I know.

And if you cant find the NS thems in Nokturnal Mortums lyrics... I doubt your ability to read. Check out the song "Hailed Be the Heroes" or "Call of aryan spirit" if that isnt nazism then what the fuck is.
12.01.2007 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.01.2007 at 16:44

Written by Bad English on 12.01.2007 at 16:34

Hope I understand corect

Knjaz means leader or something. Thats all I know.

And if you cant find the NS thems in Nokturnal Mortums lyrics... I doubt your ability to read. Check out the song "Hailed Be the Heroes" or "Call of aryan spirit" if that isnt nazism then what the fuck is.

Knaz well you're wright it was in old slavic countries where speek in eastern slavonic languages, dunno about other slavs it was like leader/cheaf of town/area/comunity ...

About Call of aryan spirit ist mor ecomplicated to reading interwiews whit him,

What he mean by arians, slavs in that case germans think ist german and slavonic NSBM its complicated, werry complicated...like whoe slavonic history and ehh one uni profesor sugest me good bock where are some theories about slavic and celitc mix

But what are better nazistic lyrics or stanistic?
IMO nazistic

About NeCrist album ist more paganic whit satanistic elemenst and I beter enjoy Call of teh Aryan Spirit how ''In the Fire of the Wooden Churches'' and 'Jesus Blood'' so even this album arev lyricaly/ideistic complicared

Thats why I prefere them in demo era and specaly ''Lunar Poetry''
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2007 - 13:24
Judas
The Amputator
'Goat Horns' would have to be my favourite album by them, because it doesn't have the NS themes, and also contains the most awesome song 'Kuyaviya', which single-handedly puts this album at the very top of my Nokturnal Mortum list.

Don't get me wrong, 'Lunar Poetry' is an amazing album too, as are all of their others (yes, even the NSBM ones, I just don't like to promote such shithouse ideologies so I don't listen to them now), but 'Goat Horns' has it all.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.02.2007 - 00:46
Ultraraw
Account deleted
I think Goat Horns is masterpiece,others albums isn't as good.
30.06.2007 - 16:11
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Lunar Poetry, my vote goes to this one... very catchy music, their other ones seem to be great as well, currently downloading 'Nechrist' and 'goat horns'... also because Lunar Poetry is their 1st album I listened to..
----
that which shines without names and forms...
17.09.2008 - 07:07
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Goat horns have a very nice atmosphere, songs like Unholy Orathania and Kolyada are amazing.. exelent album, the best in my opinion. Lunar poetry is very good too, despite the bad production (even in the remastered version ). Nechrist is exellent as well (Perun's Celestial Silver is an epic!)
Still gotta listen to ''Weltanschauung''.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
18.09.2008 - 05:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Oh wow, I didn't know this thread existed. I voted for Lunar Poetry because it seems to be the most direct and consistent, if that makes any sense...
16.12.2008 - 05:44
Lehctim

Theyve put out a lot of great stuff, but Lunar Poetry seems the most powerful and emotional to me. By the way, why dont they have a page on Metalstorm??
21.12.2008 - 06:24
mortjoyeux

Lunar Poetry wins this one. Fuck, the emotion in that demo is intense.
Magical and mind blowing. ahhhh
03.05.2009 - 16:22
Smurfophagist

Aaaargh damn I can't make up my mind between Goat Horns and Lunar Poetry
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.05.2009 - 18:37
Galar
Wicked Mung
LUNAR POETRY....

Easy mode....

That was a simple one, without a doubt this is the most innovative and inspirational-the atmosphere can not be matched.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
04.05.2009 - 15:26
ForeverDarkWoods

Goat Horns sure as hell. Goat Horns is the most unique of them all, and sure as hell has the best songs on it as well. Nechrist is second, but it's still not even close.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America