Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2014

Original post

Posted by , 23.12.2013 - 21:28
Wedard
wolves in the throne room

not sure of any others at the moment, you ?
25.08.2014 - 07:35
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Some yummy new black metal. Nothing unique but still delicious

Bandcamp
28.08.2014 - 19:18
Fearmeister
Account deleted
New Danish band called Tongues

28.08.2014 - 19:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
https://brokenworldmedia.bandcamp.com/album/petals

Holy christ some caustic, life-ending blackgaze from one of my favourite labels.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.08.2014 - 19:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I wouldn't call something that fluffy "caustic" personally, but it doesn't sound bad. Could use some personality though, sounds too much like what everyone else in that scene is already doing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.08.2014 - 20:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.08.2014 at 19:51

I wouldn't call something that fluffy "caustic" personally, but it doesn't sound bad. Could use some personality though, sounds too much like what everyone else in that scene is already doing.

I disagree, the almost lo-fi production combined with the Ian Curtis style cleans and ambient noise separates this from the heard. Sure it's not as caustic as Full Of Hell or something, but for blackgaze standards its pretty gnarly.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.08.2014 - 21:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Relatively new album by portuguese bm band Medo
To be honest I haven't listened to it entirely, but since the last releases were good this will probably be too

Bandcamp
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.08.2014 - 06:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Karlabos on 28.08.2014 at 21:26
ye

You'd like that Funeralbloom album^^
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.08.2014 - 13:16
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.08.2014 at 19:29

https://brokenworldmedia.bandcamp.com/album/petals
Holy christ some caustic, life-ending blackgaze from one of my favourite labels.

Not bad at all. It's not really my kind of stuff, but I listened because you mentioned Curtis. I heard more Peter Murphy (Bauhaus), but yeah, I understand what you meant. I don't want to break your balls, but I too don't find this caustic at all. It's a cute little album, thanks.
29.08.2014 - 16:23
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.08.2014 at 06:02

You'd like that Funeralbloom album^^

That's pretty nice. I liked some things but others not...
Namely, the production and the vocals are good, plus on the fast parts the guitar picking sounds deafheaveny which is a good thing
But it could use more fast parts like that and less ambient parts/ slow post hardcore bits

Well, maybe i'm just in mood for fast stuff lately =P
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.08.2014 - 17:03
Charly546

Darkest Era - Severance. A great piece of modern heavy metal... although calling it just "heavy metal" does not suffice, since it draws a lot from other genres, mainly folk and extreme (black mostly - think Satan's Host) metal so it's quite the hodgepodge. Songwriting is excellent, nothing drags on for too long and keeps your attention. I think people who normally don't pay much attention to heavy metal should check this one out.

http://cruzdelsurmusic.bandcamp.com/album/severance-2
30.08.2014 - 18:09
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Boxcar Willy on 14.02.2014 at 17:30

http://showmeadinosaur.bandcamp.com/album/dust

Russian Shoegaze/post metal. Cool sample usage.

I have just finished listening to this 3 times in the last 3 days son. Excellent shit and added to my 2014 list, and will be high on it at years end. It's the SSDB (as Craig says) style of post rock but for some reason is just "sounds" different. Most likely because of the production and sample usage as you stated.
----
rekt
30.08.2014 - 20:05
moonflash

Yea, Show me a dinosaur are damn nice. I really like this (fan-made?) video of theirs:

----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
01.09.2014 - 16:57
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Paz on 24.06.2014 at 22:19

The premiere Fórn's track here.

Dis (blackened sludge) shit kills.

This is just fucking brutal. Wow, fucking heavy as fuck! Love it! Lol, enough swear words
----
rekt
02.09.2014 - 22:06
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Earthship - Withered seems to be cool, here's one of the songs from their album:

Thanks to tea[m]ster for reviewing the album!
02.09.2014 - 23:07
The Turbanator

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.09.2014 - 23:09
The Turbanator

Black metal from Kentucky

BANDCAMP
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.09.2014 - 23:13
The Turbanator

New Solstafir!

Stream album HERE
----
02.09.2014 - 23:16
The Turbanator

Debut album by this Icelandic Black Metal band

BANDCAMP
----
02.09.2014 - 23:17
The Turbanator

Heavy (?) /black metal from Ohio

BANDCAMP
----
02.09.2014 - 23:37
The Turbanator

New Enthroned!

BANDCAMP
----
02.09.2014 - 23:38
The Turbanator

----
02.09.2014 - 23:39
The Turbanator

----
02.09.2014 - 23:40
The Turbanator

Black metal from Norway

BANDCAMP
----
02.09.2014 - 23:43
The Turbanator

Another black metal band from Iceland

BANDCAMP
----
02.09.2014 - 23:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Agalloch bassist John Walton just released another new single. He's got a decent amount of material up on Bandcamp: https://jwalton.bandcamp.com/music
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.09.2014 - 23:48
The Turbanator

7th studio album by Krieg

BANDCAMP
----
02.09.2014 - 23:49
The Turbanator

New ÆVANGELIST!

HERE
----
02.09.2014 - 23:51
The Turbanator

Black Metal from Wisconsin

BANDCAMP
----
03.09.2014 - 11:14
Paz

Written by The Turbanator on 02.09.2014 at 23:16

Icelandic Black Metal

BANDCAMP

These three words give hope for something good in recent times...
03.09.2014 - 14:24
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by mz on 14.08.2014 at 12:30

CVLT Nation shared this. Not sure what it is really. Hypnotic and puzzling and might be loosely based on drones.

They sound a lot like krautrock to me. Their debut was fairly derivative of Horseback, these new tracks much less so. Sounds promising, thanks!