Metal Storm logo
Chthonic

11.01.2007 - 17:17
Basso
Account deleted
So I was scrollin through the Wacken news and found out that this band has been announced.

I searched for their myspace and here it is:

http://www.myspace.com/chthonictw

I must say I am very impressed with the music. It has some things in commong with Cradle of Filth, but I would say this band succeeds at everything Cradle failed with.

Anyone else heard of them etc? Im really looking forward to their gig at wacken this summer, and to fetch some of their albums.

It seems that theese guys are rather big already in asia, and other parts of the world? However the situation is I have not heard of them before.
06.02.2007 - 00:04
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
First off, its 'Chthonic," and I've actually been looking into them for a while given that they're one of the only metal bands to come out of Taiwan (where my family is from). My friend bought one of their albums when he went there, and it sounded pretty interesting. A local CD store carries their new one, Seediq Bale (sp?), so I may go and pick that up if I have the money.
06.02.2007 - 00:24
Damnated
Churchburner
i have their recent album, but never had the chance to listen to it yet. yes, i have a lot of music to listen to xD i hear they're from taiwan, do they sound asian ?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.02.2007 - 00:58
Basso
Account deleted
After listening to their latest album several times I must say that the music dont really last. Fun for a while though.... Could always be intressting live.
06.02.2007 - 02:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know only name because I had seen them somewhere in Asian metal sites but I didnt listen them because of other thinks to do but maybe since Basso post myspace link I will listen them
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.02.2007 - 15:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Basso was the one who introduced me to them a while ago. When I first heard them I was stunned, truly amazing symponic black metal (right?). I will get an album one day!
----
27.02.2007 - 21:17
..HumanError..
Account deleted
No, i dont know them, but their name reminded me of ... Bal-Sagoth's lastest album (im not sure its them).
Sounds like its really worth the listening huh? Symphonic Black is the genre ive recently got into, and im kind of... ignorant in this . (PM me if you have some bands to reccomend me, i need it ). Well, im going to try and look for some of their songs... If i dont get any, im afraid ill have to ask one of you to send one or two of them to my e-mail .
27.02.2007 - 22:20
Basso
Account deleted
@ HumanError : Listen to a cupple of songs on their myspace. You can stream their music there. The link is in my first post.
28.02.2007 - 20:55
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Btw, ive just downloaded their Seediqbale album... JUST AMAZING!!!!! Its really worth the trying.
28.02.2007 - 22:06
Sunioj
I saw their video, I was uneasy because it reminded me of something I couldnt figure out....then I realized it sounds like a oriental version of Cradle of Filth....I admit they can handle their instruments but I dont know enought about this band to really judge them.
17.03.2007 - 01:20
Crovax
Account deleted
I just recently discovered this band and I really think they shit all over Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed if you're into symphonic black metal.
19.03.2007 - 01:24
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Their profile on myspace was very interesting, I really like the idea behind what they are doing which is just like what some band's from Scandinavia are doing; trying to revive their nearly destroyed root's.

They look pretty cool as well, and despite how stupid or shallow that may seem, it does help because creating an image can help further project the atmosphere and music itself. Their drummers' name is "Dani" lol.. bad coincedance I am sure, but with Dani meaning what it does I am not surprised that other's were also fond of the title.

Their music is good, thanks for post this up. I can appreciate other cultural aspect's, especially when mixed with good music!
30.03.2007 - 03:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol these guys were just confirmed for Ozzfest.
30.03.2007 - 12:57
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 30.03.2007 at 03:06

lol these guys were just confirmed for Ozzfest.

LoL, lame
11.01.2008 - 04:27
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
The only song from them that i have heard is Indigenous Laceration, and I think its awesome. I need to check out more of their stuff. Can anyone recomend more good songs to me?
11.01.2008 - 04:58
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by Sepulchre on 11.01.2008 at 04:27

The only song from them that i have heard is Indigenous Laceration, and I think its awesome. I need to check out more of their stuff. Can anyone recomend more good songs to me?

Progeny of Rmxdax tasing, onset of tragedy, and Grievance, Acheron poem.
11.01.2008 - 08:00
mankvill
Best Band at Ozzfest 2007 by far.
18.03.2008 - 18:12
HeavyGabry
Sure I know them! And I think they're really great... it's true that they're similiar to Cradle Of Filth but their sound is also personal by a little insertion of Asian melodies...
And however, don't download too much, buy cds!!
----
Homo est faber fortunae suae
17.08.2009 - 02:27
Dexecrator
Account deleted
This band is really worth listening to. One of the best, if not even the best, symphonic black metal-band. Amazing composition with the keyboards and the sorrowfull sound of their hena-violin, fast drumming, the guitar sometimes goes into a power metal-feel even and is really speedly played, female backing vocals, highly shrieked lead vocals and even some grunts. I recommend this band to anyone into metal really. And yes buy cd´s Their new album Mirror of Retribution is really worth buying and Seediq Bale is amazing.
24.08.2009 - 06:18
-Morbid-
I've liked what I've heard from these guys so far. I'll agree they sound a little like CoF but as far as I can tell I like these guys better.
22.12.2009 - 01:05
SatyriconChick
I don't have any albums by them (yet), but one of my oldest friends has raved about them to me for awhile now, and he's a diehard fan. I was lucky enough to catch them playing with Satyricon back in October. They were definitely the best of the supporting acts. I've got to get hold of at least their latest release one of these days!
23.12.2009 - 21:12
His Eminence
Account deleted
I only own their Mirror Of Retribution album, and it's quite good. The vocalist reminds me a lot of Dani Filth. If the rest of the albums are as good as this, I might be willing to check more out.
03.01.2010 - 09:58
YIN
Well.i think they are just the secound old COF from Asia.
but for me they are better than COF.

and im asian.cantonese.
its happy to see have their sound appear western.
03.01.2010 - 12:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
I only have "Seediq Bale", which I really like. How are the other releases compared to that one?
----
03.01.2010 - 13:52
YIN
New album Mirror of Retribution and Seediq Bale released in 2006 .this two is must buy
18.01.2010 - 23:43
Baz Anderson
Staff
People, please help me out with ideas for interview questions for the girl. Interview on Wednesday, not much time.
23.01.2010 - 17:23
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
I saw them live about 2 years ago, Chthonic was touring with ensiferum. they were funny actually they as good musicians as good actors. they gave a good show, but i dont like these kind of COF music.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
24.01.2010 - 03:08
mankvill
I wish I could find their new album somewhere. I've heard one song and it's fantastic.
08.07.2011 - 07:13
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
So it's starting to look like the new Chthonic album "Takasago Army," from the two videos the band has released, is going to be one I really enjoy this year.
08.07.2011 - 13:09
Llort
The tracks that have been released from Takasago Army are RIDICULOUSLY good. Didn't think they would be able to beat Seediq Bale or Mirror of Retribution but glad to say I'm now sure that I will be proven wrong.