Y'all know how it works. Hop to it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.01.2014 - 20:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
You thank me by messing up the grammar in the title?
02.01.2014 - 20:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Hahaha, you also put non-album recommendations, instead of non-metal album recommendations.
02.01.2014 - 20:39
Uldreth
Written by Guest on 02.01.2014 at 20:38

Hahaha, you also put non-album recommendation, instead of non-metal album recommendations.

So that is why I had the weird vibe when I clicked it...

I see three mistakes which is pretty boss for a title.
02.01.2014 - 20:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 02.01.2014 at 20:39

So that is why I had the weird vibe when I clicked it...

Billy could cover his ass by saying that this thread is for EPs and demos and other non-album formats haha
02.01.2014 - 20:43
Uldreth
Written by Guest on 02.01.2014 at 20:41

Billy could cover his ass by saying that this thread is for EPs and demos and other non-album formats haha

I wanted to make that joke but I wasn't sure if EPs can be considered albums (after all 'normal' albums sometimes get called full-lengths) or not and didn't want to fall on my face, after a visit by a grumpy Marcel or something like that .
02.01.2014 - 20:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 02.01.2014 at 20:38

Hahaha, you also put non-album recommendations, instead of non-metal album recommendations.

I WAS FUCKIN RUSHED MAN AINT NO ONE GUNNA TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.01.2014 - 20:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 02.01.2014 at 20:43

I wanted to make that joke but I wasn't sure if EPs can be considered albums (after all 'normal' albums sometimes get called full-lengths) or not and didn't want to fall on my face, after a visit by a grumpy Marcel or something like that .

Not sure entirely but I think saying albums are different from EPs is a safe bet generally
02.01.2014 - 20:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
You should probably also amend the title to include 2014, not just "twenty fourteen" for the sake of making it easier to search.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.01.2014 - 20:51
Uldreth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.01.2014 at 20:50

You should probably also amend the title to include 2014, not just "twenty fourteen" for the sake of making it easier to search.

Also might be wrong in this but I think years after 2000 are supposed to be pronounced "normally" in writing while years before use the "first two digit, last two digit" scheme, if so that is also a mistake in the title lol.
02.01.2014 - 20:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
This thread is full of fail from the get-go. Does anyone have any suggestions to add?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.01.2014 - 03:10
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.01.2014 at 20:55

This thread is full of fail from the get-go. Does anyone have any suggestions to add?

The new Limp Bizkit album? It should be out this year.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
03.01.2014 - 03:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by M C Vice on 03.01.2014 at 03:10
The new Limp Bizkit album? It should be out this year.

Not sure how metal/non-metal that would be. Haven't given Limp a listen in probably... I dunno, at least 6 years (with the exception of a few songs on their 2011/2012/whatever album.

Truckfighters are coming out with a new album on January 24th though, so that's cool.
----
03.01.2014 - 05:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Well, Mogwai's new album has already leaked... I didn't listen to it but it's probably recommendable.

Besides that, Muse promised going back to a raw rock sound for their next album, that could be good. And maaaaybe Linkin Park can surprise with something good again like they did with A Thousand Suns.
03.01.2014 - 11:37
Lethrokai
Hmm... I guess BADBADNOTGOOD were supposed to come out with a new nu-jazz album in 2013, so I'm assuming that that's been pushed to 2014
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
03.01.2014 - 14:31
Slayerus23
Account deleted
Looking forward for the new Bohren und der Club of Gore effort.
03.01.2014 - 17:03
samarium
Looking forward to the next "Fucked Up" album which will be coming out this year
03.01.2014 - 17:09
Uldreth
Since this topic is apparantly a "looking forward" topic until something actually comes to post here, I am looking forward for new Icarus The Owl which is supposed to drop this year. Their last full length was really cool and unique mathrock/pop punk hybrid.

03.01.2014 - 17:14
Lethrokai
Written by Uldreth on 03.01.2014 at 17:09

Since this topic is apparantly a "looking forward" topic until something actually comes to post here, I am looking forward for new Icarus The Owl which is supposed to drop this year. Their last full length was really cool and unique mathrock/pop punk hybrid.

Hmm, reminds me of a slightly turned down Protest The Hero.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
04.01.2014 - 03:54
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
For the indie rap scene... Cannibal Ox should be dropping some new material, although I'm not too sure because there was the Gotham EP last year. Del has been talking about the new Deltron 3030 album forever, it was supposed to come out last year, might be this year. Run The Jewels, this new duo of Killer Mike and El-P, also might have some new stuff in the works. They've talked about doing a second album, at the very least. Also, there have been rumors that Thundercat and Flying Lotus are going to do some sort of collaboration with Herbie Hancock, which I'm REALLY looking forward to if it's true.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
04.01.2014 - 20:33
InnerSelf
proofread free
The new Noah Gundersun should be great judging by Ledges

The live acoustic version sounds better!

I'm also madly in love with the song he did for Sons of Anarchy (co-written by kurt Sutter and Bob Thiele)
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
09.01.2014 - 08:25
1Yossarian1
Written by Lethrokai on 03.01.2014 at 11:37

Hmm... I guess BADBADNOTGOOD were supposed to come out with a new nu-jazz album in 2013, so I'm assuming that that's been pushed to 2014

Great Rec! I love BBNG. I am very excited for the new St. Vincent - she kills
27.01.2014 - 18:31
IronAngel
I thought Mogwai was kind of lame. But new albums from Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra (Godspeed You! Black Emperor spinoff, for those who didn't know) and Have a Nice Life is a pretty fucking sweet way to start a year. Angel Olsen's new album has leaked, if you're into Americana-influenced lo-fi singer-songwriters. Check out the new Warpaint if you dig trip-hoppy dream pop.

Alcest seems to have left metal behind on their latest, too. Which suits me just fine, to be honest, because dream pop anthems were always their strongest point. What little I heard was fairly bland, though.
28.01.2014 - 00:28
Uldreth
New Icarus The Owl leaked.

Obviously won't give a link since it is against the site rules but seriously, it is some really tight shit. Will post links when they appear on youtube.
28.01.2014 - 10:21
IronAngel
Technically, uploading stuff on YouTube is just as illegal. Nobody cares because it's so every-day, I guess.
28.01.2014 - 17:53
Uldreth
Written by IronAngel on 28.01.2014 at 10:21

Technically, uploading stuff on YouTube is just as illegal. Nobody cares because it's so every-day, I guess.

True, but Craig will murder me if I post a torrent link, but nobody gives a damn about youtube links .
29.01.2014 - 21:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Fell in love with Major Parkinson's Twilight Cinema (Bandcamp)
That's some kind of cabaret / pop / prog / rock. Really cool, nicely crazy stuff
(and thanks Ivor for the tip!)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
31.01.2014 - 05:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.01.2014 - 08:54
InnerSelf
proofread free
Debut EP from Abby Gundersen sounds really good. (instrumental, neo-classical)
Bandcamp

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
03.02.2014 - 16:01
Saiyanity
I know it's been mentioned in passing, but just wanted to shine the spotlight on the new Have a Nice Life Record. Really great stuff here.

Bandcamp