Metal Storm logo
Satanic Warmaster - Finnish BM

Original post

Posted by , 20.05.2006 - 12:49
One of my all time favourite black metal bands. Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (aka Nazgul) does a tremendous effort in keeping the vein of the 2nd wave of black metal alive.

Bloody Ritual Demo, 2000
Strength and Honour Full-length, 2001
Black Katharsis EP, 2002
Krieg/Satanic Warmaster Split, 2003
The True Face of Evil Split, 2003
Opferblut Full-length, 2003
Akitsa / Satanic Warmaster Split, 2004
Satanic Warmaster / Gestapo 666 Split, 2004
Clandestine Blaze / Satanic Warmaster Split album, 2004
...Of The Night EP, 2004
Carelian Satanist Madness Full-length, 2005
Black Metal Kommando / Gas Chamber Best of/Compilation, 2005
Satanic Warmaster/Stuthoff Split, 2006
07.02.2011 - 02:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Panzerfaust on 06.02.2011 at 23:28

Strength & Honour is one of the best Black Metal albums ever made, imo. The other stuff is good to, but Nazgul never again reached that cold, aggressive atmosphere he had on his first album. I'd really like to see his live, but I suppose the chance for him to play a gig in Germany is quite small.

As for the politics: I could not care less. In fact I rather listen to a NSBM band than some idiot who on the one side sings about genocide and war against the evil, evil Christians who took his poor ancestors faith, land and culture and then starts crying around about shit like NS and the holocaust because he fears that he might actually face some real consequences for the shit he propagates in the lyrics of his little Black Metal band.

It's a shame that a self-proclaimed anti-social and elitist scene like the BM scene allows some high guardians of moral to force their views and restrictions onto them.

S&H is definitely a great album - I wouldn't call it one of the best BM albums ever made, but it's definitely higher quality material (regardless of lyrical content).

Bolded the last part because I couldn't agree more. I mean, it's fucking BLACK METAL - probably the most notorious metal genre, and its musicians cower like abused dogs when they're told what subjects to avoid lyrically else they'll be boycotted.

While I don't advocate a change in this site's stance or in anyone's point of view regarding anti-NS behavior, I do think it's unjust that NSBM gets so much flack for its lyrical content. Racism or whatever aside, it's artistic expression. And we all know how much freedom of expression we really have...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.02.2011 - 20:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.02.2011 at 02:39

S&H is definitely a great album - I wouldn't call it one of the best BM albums ever made, but it's definitely higher quality material (regardless of lyrical content).

Bolded the last part because I couldn't agree more. I mean, it's fucking BLACK METAL - probably the most notorious metal genre, and its musicians cower like abused dogs when they're told what subjects to avoid lyrically else they'll be boycotted.

While I don't advocate a change in this site's stance or in anyone's point of view regarding anti-NS behavior, I do think it's unjust that NSBM gets so much flack for its lyrical content. Racism or whatever aside, it's artistic expression. And we all know how much freedom of expression we really have...

disagree. to me it's a lot of pathetic whining on the parts of these bands who adopt certain controversial lyrical content with the intention of causing a stir, then bitch when they reap the rewards of that stance. you choose to espouse value that the vast majority of the world finds vile and abhorrent, don't be surprised if they want nothing to do with you.

they have their freedom of expression. no one is stopping them from putting out albums.

so their stance will deny them some platforms. I don'[t blame Hellfest - located in France - for not wanting to give stage time to a racist band that espouses and ideology that was ultimately behind the invasion and repression of their country. doesn't Hellfest have a right to decide what they want to show? don't they have rights of expression as well - with some of those rights being rights by omission?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.02.2011 - 21:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BitterCOld on 08.02.2011 at 20:17

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.02.2011 at 02:39

disagree. to me it's a lot of pathetic whining on the parts of these bands who adopt certain controversial lyrical content with the intention of causing a stir, then bitch when they reap the rewards of that stance. you choose to espouse value that the vast majority of the world finds vile and abhorrent, don't be surprised if they want nothing to do with you.

they have their freedom of expression. no one is stopping them from putting out albums.

so their stance will deny them some platforms. I don'[t blame Hellfest - located in France - for not wanting to give stage time to a racist band that espouses and ideology that was ultimately behind the invasion and repression of their country. doesn't Hellfest have a right to decide what they want to show? don't they have rights of expression as well - with some of those rights being rights by omission?

Definitely. I would be a hypocrite to say a festival isn't in the right to exercise their power in regards to the line-up, I just feel like - in spite of artists' capabilities to produce and release material denouncing a religion and/or race - NS subject matter is like a stance. Obviously it's not necessarily the "right" point that needs proven, but it's still something that someone believes in. It's hard to argue for or against NSBM, because I'm torn between the two options; I would like to see more acceptance I guess, but I wouldn't want it accepted. :S
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.02.2014 - 17:46
Vombatus
Potorro
Nekro-ing this thread coz new SW in da works ! Here is a song of it (was originally from Vornat):

Sounds very solid, less raw than the last album and two eps but it has all I ask about this kind of bm: great riffs, yet not too complicated with a few chord progressing/drum rythms changes. Really looking forward after Nachzehrer that wasn't so amazing.
21.12.2014 - 20:57
Alien1988

I didn't expect much from the new Satanic Warmaster but Fimbulwinter is becoming one of my favourite albums of the year. Nothing inovative but still, what a killer album.
16.01.2015 - 22:33
Nucky

Oh I remember him.. Used to listen SW a lot.. Nice project...
12.09.2017 - 21:42
Vombatus
Potorro
Thread necromancy, as I noticed something quite cool.
On the SW bandcamp, there are few instrumental album versions.
Wish more bands did this, it's easy to do and always great to have a raw riffing fest.

https://satanicwarmaster.bandcamp.com/
04.01.2022 - 11:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Seems this band is recording new album.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.01.2023 - 13:32
Vombatus
Potorro

New album out. Very solid.
02.01.2023 - 14:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And Maco missed it.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.01.2023 - 22:38
Vombatus
Potorro
After many spins, Aamongandr is the best Satanic Warhamster release. Peak banana metal.
All killer, no filler, tight riffs, good use of synths, short enough to press the replay button.
11.05.2023 - 18:18
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Vombatus on 23.01.2023 at 22:38

After many spins, Aamongandr is the best Satanic Warhamster release. Peak banana metal.
All killer, no filler, tight riffs, good use of synths, short enough to press the replay button.

It's really incredible (and unfortunate) how good it is. Great riffs, no filler, short runtime. Really good album.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.11.2023 - 11:22
Netzach
Planewalker
Great black metal. Unfortunate lyrical themes, but it comes with the territory.