Metal Storm logo
One thing that you will change about you or your life

Original post

Posted by {aud}devil, 11.01.2007 - 19:35
My one thing, I know it may sound conceited, but I would change my looks. I always believed if I was gorgeous than things would be better. So what would you change?
22.04.2011 - 14:00
Slayer666

Written by Yasmine on 21.04.2011 at 18:41

Written by Slayer666 on 21.04.2011 at 15:49

Written by Yasmine on 20.04.2011 at 13:29

Written by Guest on 20.04.2011 at 09:10

...I apologize for turning this thread into a discussion of the member's sex lives...

Nah everyone was just trying to tell you that losing your virginity by 16 isn't common, when you know that stuff it's less depressing. hahaha!

No it isn't. Trust me.

It absolutely should Plenty of time for that later, plenty. lol Course girls have it easier in that department by a long long long way.

Bah, I wouldn't expect a chick to understand.
22.04.2011 - 17:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 18.04.2011 at 15:33

I think I lost mine at 19 as well. I dont think there is any need to rush it.

Mine was at 16 but there was not much action after fiew times generaly some 4 times and then I wate till 19 , and after it it hasnt happen so offen to, anyway somehow Im even at age 26 afraid I can suck big time if I do it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.04.2011 - 18:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I lost mine at 15 and I wouldn't change it if I could.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.04.2011 - 20:04
Yasmine

Written by Slayer666 on 22.04.2011 at 14:00

Bah, I wouldn't expect a chick to understand.

Trust me I do, I definitely do, but be it soothing hormones or the ego, it gets worse latter. lol Really it'd be better to get it regularly at 20 than once at 16, and that should be the plan.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
23.04.2011 - 23:55
therest

One thing I would change about my life?
I would like to be more stupid. (Actually, I would like to like to be more stupid.) I have very little friends and I drive my girlfriends insane in the strict sense of the word. If I were stupid, I would't have that ability to dig inside other people's heads and have a friendly conversation for once in my life. I know it's kind of pathetic. But this thread kind of incourages you to be pathetic.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
24.04.2011 - 00:33
Yasmine

Then you wouldn't drive them insane, you'd piss them off. lol There is no escaping it, you're in fact doomed.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
24.04.2011 - 01:19
therest

But what if I were a little bit more stupid? (I've heard that smoking reduces IQ, but I tried chain-smoking and that doesn't work at all. The only thing that reduces is my bank account.)
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
07.08.2011 - 21:30
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.04.2011 at 03:04

I never expected to or did I ever have a vision that id be married at a young age. A good women just came along and I had to make sure that ill keep her. Perfect women for me. Good marriage.

Reading some old posts always interesting.
08.08.2011 - 20:27
Milena
gloom cookie
I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds and continue to strive for academic perfection, this time in my first college year
----
7.0 means the album is good
24.01.2012 - 22:05
Zealot644

I'd get my genital size halved.

2 feet is practically a handicap. True story bros...
24.01.2012 - 22:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Zealot644 on 24.01.2012 at 22:05

I'd get my genital size halved.

2 feet is practically a handicap. True story bros...

What a story Mark.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
30.01.2012 - 03:53
Grody2themax

Anxiety sucks... Id change that about myself, and I'm working on it right now anyways.
07.07.2012 - 20:35
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I wouldn't change a thing about me.. i am not perfect but that's what makes me authentic.
26.07.2012 - 13:30
Torelli

Written by therest on 23.04.2011 at 23:55

One thing I would change about my life?
I would like to be more stupid. (Actually, I would like to like to be more stupid.) I have very little friends and I drive my girlfriends insane in the strict sense of the word. If I were stupid, I would't have that ability to dig inside other people's heads and have a friendly conversation for once in my life. I know it's kind of pathetic. But this thread kind of incourages you to be pathetic.

I think is more of chosing your moments and not overthink things when it's not aquired. And also, letting go of things that do not matter in the long run. being "stupid" wouldnt change a thing i guess. I lost one of my closest friends do to overthinking by trying to find the hidden meanings beyond sentences and words + unusal high intolerance of the friend's misstakes. I failed to realize that you(in plural) dont need to think in abstract terms all the time, that sometime a cake is just a cake. seing that this post is a long time ago, i hope you have found a way to deal with people from now on...or enjoying solitude.
26.07.2012 - 14:48
Thrashette

Written by Torelli on 26.07.2012 at 13:30

I think is more of chosing your moments and not overthink things when it's not aquired. And also, letting go of things that do not matter in the long run. being "stupid" wouldnt change a thing i guess. I lost one of my closest friends do to overthinking by trying to find the hidden meanings beyond sentences and words + unusal high intolerance of the friend's misstakes. I failed to realize that you(in plural) dont need to think in abstract terms all the time, that sometime a cake is just a cake. seing that this post is a long time ago, i hope you have found a way to deal with people from now on...or enjoying solitude.

I don't think it's being too intelligent so much as not having the right social skills or emotional intelligence (both of which can be improved with time and effort) here though. And what you said about not overthinking is true. Another problem that tends to come with being "too intelligent" is learning not to be so cynical. Aside from that, the only problem intelligent people have with communication is getting bored or being at a loss for words when they have to maintain friendly conversation with someone much less intelligent or with no common interests, and that could be solved by surrounding oneself with a different crowd (I know, easier said than done).
26.07.2012 - 16:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Valentin B on 18.04.2009 at 16:09

Written by Valentin B on 11.01.2007 at 20:26

ermm...be more photogenic, more sociable, or generally have better looks...

damn i love looking in threads like this and dig up really old posts to see how i've changed over the years.

more photogenic- check
more sociable- check
better looks- check(thanks to my acne-removal treatment)

haha, I seriously love going into these old threads and looking at my old replies and thinking "daaaaamn, that was some fucked up thing I wrote back then"

Needless to say I got all the three things covered like a god damned boss, and this post back in 2009 was written less than 2 months after I started my acne treatment, so don't worry kids, all you gotta do is persist, believe in yourselves and that you can "do it" if you set your mind to it.
26.07.2012 - 19:30
Torelli

Written by Thrashette on 26.07.2012 at 14:48

Written by Torelli on 26.07.2012 at 13:30

I don't think it's being too intelligent so much as not having the right social skills or emotional intelligence (both of which can be improved with time and effort) here though. And what you said about not overthinking is true. Another problem that tends to come with being "too intelligent" is learning not to be so cynical. Aside from that, the only problem intelligent people have with communication is getting bored or being at a loss for words when they have to maintain friendly conversation with someone much less intelligent or with no common interests, and that could be solved by surrounding oneself with a different crowd (I know, easier said than done).

True that, Intelligence(as in the abilty to think very abstract) doesn't necacerry need lack of social skills or emotional intelligence, just pointed out what could have been the problem. might be wrong. Your post got me thinking what we mean by intelligence. I think "intelligence" would be very normative, only pins down to things we have more knowledge ( or think we have more knowledge) about then the people we surround ourselves with. The problem would be to fall into elitistic thinking. For example, I hava a BA degree in migration studies and soon gender studies, this makes it very frustrating when i return to my home village, were the majority have high school edu or som college as best, since everybody have some thoughts about the subjects and thus want to discuss it with me. Often when i discuss it, i feel frustrated as they oversimply things so much and comes up with things that all research speaks against. When trying to explain my veiws and point out why i think they are wrong, they dont understand+ they think im an elitistic bastard who things he is something special just beacuse he went to Uni. Come to think of it, they might be right. I might have learned to think more abstract and critical about these subjects, but who says im more intelligent(or for that matter right)? I have just got different tools and learned to express myself in a different way thanks to Uni. And who am I to take away people's opinion? This goes with any subject really. for example, who hasnt been irritated when trying to discuss metal with a person who claims be s/he is really knowledgable and into it, and it turns out that the person listen to things like linkin park and then calls it death metal( or claiming that Dimmu Borgir the truest and most underground shit there is out there) and then can not back it up/ comes with some unitelligent remark why s/he think so. One solution could be to just change subject(or except the other people's veiw however flawed). the problem starts when we feels the same kind of frustration with every subject that we discuss with people.
27.07.2012 - 10:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Torelli on 26.07.2012 at 19:30

True that, Intelligence(as in the abilty to think very abstract) doesn't necacerry need lack of social skills or emotional intelligence, just pointed out what could have been the problem. might be wrong. Your post got me thinking what we mean by intelligence. I think "intelligence" would be very normative, only pins down to things we have more knowledge ( or think we have more knowledge) about then the people we surround ourselves with. The problem would be to fall into elitistic thinking. For example, I hava a BA degree in migration studies and soon gender studies, this makes it very frustrating when i return to my home village, were the majority have high school edu or som college as best, since everybody have some thoughts about the subjects and thus want to discuss it with me. Often when i discuss it, i feel frustrated as they oversimply things so much and comes up with things that all research speaks against. When trying to explain my veiws and point out why i think they are wrong, they dont understand+ they think im an elitistic bastard who things he is something special just beacuse he went to Uni. Come to think of it, they might be right. I might have learned to think more abstract and critical about these subjects, but who says im more intelligent(or for that matter right)? I have just got different tools and learned to express myself in a different way thanks to Uni. And who am I to take away people's opinion? This goes with any subject really. for example, who hasnt been irritated when trying to discuss metal with a person who claims be s/he is really knowledgable and into it, and it turns out that the person listen to things like linkin park and then calls it death metal( or claiming that Dimmu Borgir the truest and most underground shit there is out there) and then can not back it up/ comes with some unitelligent remark why s/he think so. One solution could be to just change subject(or except the other people's veiw however flawed). the problem starts when we feels the same kind of frustration with every subject that we discuss with people.

I think that for everyone with some form of higher education in a specific field or a lot of experience, that is a normal problem. I think what you can do is try to explain to people objectively what is your opinion and back it up with real facts, and if they don't want to listen then that is not your problem, and you're not forced to try to convince them. It's the same here really: people really hate Gypsies.. I mean even the educated and not-otherwise-racist people. When I try to change that conviction I'm met with the arguments that "but they steal, they do awful things", when I ask them if they know every single Gypsy out there so that they can make such a bold claim, then they reply that it doesn't matter, they do all that and that's it. At that point I realize I'm wasting my breath and just back out of the conversation as there's really no use trying to convince stubborn people. I accept that there are things that I cannot change and just move on, but I do not isolate myself necessarily (I know nobody is perfect) because of this, that would be just putting myself into my own mysanthropic bubble and with that attitude who knows where you finally stop: you might end up hating the whole world and live in a grim and frostbitten forestkingdom with only the pale light of the horned goatmoon to light your bleak existence.

However what I see as elitism is the post that started this whole discussion. It really reads like "oh woe is me, all my friends are dumbasses". That is not necessarily caused by your intelligence but more probably caused by a lack of social skills, merely posting about this on an internet forum is a sign that you simply cannot deal with them. Being too cynical pushes people away because few people can judge with an ice-cold rationale, where would be the fun in that sort of life? I think some people need to learn how to let go and just be more natural and not overthink things.
27.07.2012 - 11:38
Torelli

Written by Valentin B on 27.07.2012 at 10:44

...hating the whole world and live in a grim and frostbitten forestkingdom with only the pale light of the horned goatmoon to light your bleak existence.

That sounded like me when i lived in my home village

Oh well, you pretty much nailed it with that post. When it comes to minority - majority discussions, people are not consurned with how accurate things are or what current research says. Most of the time, it's purely emotional driven, no logical or rational arguments will help, different tactics is needed there I think. As for the whole elitism issue, i couldn't agree more.

..with that, back to topic, loosley connected with this post. Things i want to change anbout myself?

Being less cynical and not overthink things. Enjoying life more!
27.07.2012 - 14:09
Fritillaria
Account deleted
also I really need to change the place I live in...
27.07.2012 - 14:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 27.07.2012 at 14:09

and where's that?
27.07.2012 - 14:25
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 27.07.2012 at 14:21

Written by Guest on 27.07.2012 at 14:09

and where's that?

Iran
09.04.2013 - 19:36
JaciLeigh

I would never change my interests to match those of others, but I am the only person I know like me. My friends tease me about everything all the time and it bothers me, whether they're joking or not :/ The only real friend I have in the world lives in a different state, and I met him online so he may or may not be who he says he is, but I'm so desparate for someone to talk to I honestly don't care -_- I just want someone that understands me, and that I can hang out with
12.04.2013 - 22:54
ANGEL REAPER

Written by JaciLeigh on 09.04.2013 at 19:36

I would never change my interests to match those of others, but I am the only person I know like me. My friends tease me about everything all the time and it bothers me, whether they're joking or not :/ The only real friend I have in the world lives in a different state, and I met him online so he may or may not be who he says he is, but I'm so desparate for someone to talk to I honestly don't care -_- I just want someone that understands me, and that I can hang out with

if you are really 12 its important to know this: having bad friends is a part of growing up...generally people get good friends/best friends to hang out with during high school ...or later ...so dont worry ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.04.2013 - 16:31
JaciLeigh

Quote:
Quote:

if you are really 12 its important to know this: having bad friends is a part of growing up...generally people get good friends/best friends to hang out with during high school ...or later ...so dont worry ...

Thanks That helps... A lot
15.04.2013 - 22:06
Thrashette

Written by JaciLeigh on 09.04.2013 at 19:36

Angel Reaper is right. It's normal to only be surrounded by people who tease you and can't relate to you when you're that age... When I was 12, almost all the people I could really talk to were people I knew online and I was lonely a lot. I had a few friends in real life, but they didn't relate to me very well, and they were boring and immature. To this day, I only keep in touch with one person I was friends with when I was 12. High school was a bit better but university age is where I made the best friends. You get exposed to more people so you're more likely to run into people you really click with and you have the freedom to get out and meet people.
20.04.2013 - 15:17
JaciLeigh

Quote:
Angel Reaper is right. It's normal to only be surrounded by people who tease you and can't relate to you when you're that age... When I was 12, almost all the people I could really talk to were people I knew online and I was lonely a lot. I had a few friends in real life, but they didn't relate to me very well, and they were boring and immature. To this day, I only keep in touch with one person I was friends with when I was 12. High school was a bit better but university age is where I made the best friends. You get exposed to more people so you're more likely to run into people you really click with and you have the freedom to get out and meet people.

I'm cool with being that dork that listens to weird music and *gasp* reads on her spare time O.o but this is extremely uplifting. You have no idea how much that helps me out, thanks
20.04.2013 - 20:11
theFIST

Quote:
Written by JaciLeigh on 20.04.2013 at 15:17

I'm cool with being that dork that listens to weird music and *gasp* reads on her spare time O.o but this is extremely uplifting. You have no idea how much that helps me out, thanks

wouldn"t call that weird....
but anyways, i generally experienced that it"s easier to get actual friends at places, and doing things, you voluntarily are at and do
so, a recommendation would be staying out of forced government schooling and doing what you like as much as you can
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.04.2013 - 00:35
JaciLeigh

Quote:
Wouldn"t call that weird....
but anyways, i generally experienced that it"s easier to get actual friends at places, and doing things, you voluntarily are at and do
so, a recommendation would be staying out of forced government schooling and doing what you like as much as you can

Evidently, it's weird where I am, and there are lots of thing aside from that hehe. Thanks for your advice
28.04.2013 - 21:02
Sangre Sani

I'm too effin' shy as a musician. It blocks me sometimes when I want to join a band.