Band: Nanowar
Album: Other Bands Play Nanowar Gay!
Release date: June 2005

01. Intrue
02. Tricycles Of Steel
03. True Metal Of The World (Ah-Ah)
04. Burger
05. King
06. Introducing The Power (Potentia Magni Gladi Vobis)
07. Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)
08. Pino
09. Metal-La-La-La
10. Gioca Trué (Other Bands Play, Nanowar Gay) [Manowar cover]
11. The Number Of The Bitch [Iron Maiden cover]
12. Entra L'uomo Di Sabbia [Metallica cover]
13. Triumphant March Of The Nano-Warrior
14. Outrue

Nanowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar are BACK!

Damn it was about time to hear again from the true Metal heroes Nanowar! This time we can choke on a brand new album filled with mighty chants and heroic themes, and that's what Nanowar do best, mock the Power/True Metal scene,. Sure some people might say that is too easy to make fun of these kind of bands, but trust me, nothing you heard before can prepare you for "Other Bands Play Nanowar Gay!".

This time some aspects have been polished like the excellent cover art and inside booklet features awesome art! Really funny also, reminded me of how Helloween does a special pumpkin for each song in their booklets.

Anyway, let's take a look at the album shall we?
Things are quite different from their previous effort "Triumph Of True Metal Of Steel" the music is actually really good here! Production has also improved, is amazing how this band has improved, maybe is the magic? OF THE TRUE METAL OF STEEL!

The album starts with a intro entitles "Intrue" and goes something like this:

Gallium! Prometium! Palladium!
Fire And Steel
Metallium! Germanium! Tectenium!
Metal's Their Will (?)

Then "Tricycles Of Steel" starts is rabid pace and gigantic chorus, you won't be able to stop screaming tricycles of steel!! Then goes "True Metal Of The World (Ah Ah)" a song more in the classic vein of the NWOBHM. "King" is a Folk Metal song with some violins included, and is truly hilarious, obviously referring to McDonalds, the song tells the story of a king? of the happy meal!

One of the highpoints of the album is definitively the song that takes the record of the shortest song in Power Metal history, entitled "Power Of The Power Of The Power Of the Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)" it only last mere 8 seconds. A lesson for Grindcore.

Next is "Metal-La-La-La" probably the catchiest song in the album and one of the funniest! Title song "Gioca True (Other bands Play, Nanowar Gay!)" is a song sung in Italian, and is quite groovy. This song has a lot of cover sections from Manowar songs, like "Hail And Kill" and "Black Wind Fire And Steel". Don't miss the cover of the Iron Maiden song, entitles "The Number Of The Bitch" it has the funniest lyrics I heard in a while. There's also a cover of Metallica's "Enter Sandman" sung in Italian and entitled "Entra Lúomo Di Sabbia".

Nanowar are not a parody band anymore, they're a great Power metal band that doesn't take seriously the whole "rules" of Power Metal, they're a band that decided to be different from the rest, and they're achieving it. Get this album not only for the parody thingie, but also for the music in it, you will find it quite pleasant.

Nanowar Rules!

Written by Undercraft | 15.09.2005

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 160 users
12.01.2007 - 04:20
Rating: 8
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah! A great indeed album! I just can't stop listening to it! The music is great, the lyrics are great and the spirit is great! I always liked parody bands, but it's the first time I listen something like that. Like the review said, they do not only do parodies, but also they have some really good songs!
A suggestion to every metal fan!!!
----
Bitch! Please
08.05.2007 - 14:56
GT
Coffee!!
Great band and cd indeed...really catchy melodies and the lyrics are funny as hell
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.05.2007 - 04:26
LethargyMan

My biggest complaint was that there was a distinct lack of Odin references.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
20.08.2008 - 10:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by iaberis on 12.01.2007 at 04:20

Yeah! A great indeed album! I just can't stop listening to it! The music is great, the lyrics are great and the spirit is great! I always liked parody bands, but it's the first time I listen something like that. Like the review said, they do not only do parodies, but also they have some really good songs!

do you by chance know from what manowar song is the drum intro for "metal la la la" taken?
20.08.2008 - 10:58
Smurfophagist

Holy shit...I've never heard of this band before...
*turns on LimeWire
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
20.08.2008 - 13:42
Rating: 8
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Valentin B on 20.08.2008 at 10:34

do you by chance know from what manowar song is the drum intro for "metal la la la" taken?

I don't listen to Manowar!
Go ask Nanowar in their myspace, they're cool guys, they'll answer
----
Bitch! Please
20.08.2008 - 14:04
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Written by Valentin B on 20.08.2008 at 10:34

Metal-la-la-la is parody on Manowar's Warriors of the World
29.09.2009 - 13:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Metal-la-la-la is probably the only song by them i particularly enjoy...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.09.2009 - 13:34
GamlaSonn

02. Tricycles Of Steel
07. Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)
11. The Number Of The Bitch [Iron Maiden cover]

nice song titles lol

haven't heard any of their stuff though.. should i?
29.09.2009 - 15:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If you prefer purpose (joking about "true" bands) before form (imo very awful sound, maybe intention...?), then yes
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 7631 | This month: 23