Metal Storm logo
Barren Earth - New Vocalist Announced

Following the departure of Mikko Kotamäki due to conflicting schedules a few months ago, Barren Earth had been looking for a new singer while working on new material, which has been described as "mournful, winding, hopeful, ambitious and rugged". They've just announced that Jón Aldará, Hamferð's vocalist, will join them as the new lead vocalist. He will take part in Barren Earth's third full-length album which the group plans to start recording during the spring of 2014.

Jòn's statement about the news: "As a fan of Barren Earth from the very beginning, I had no doubts about showing my interest in the singer position. And now that things have started rolling and I've had some time to look at the new material, I'm extremely excited to be part of the band's future. Now let's rock!"

Guitarist Janne Perttilä comments: "Jón is a friend with a strong voice that simply is no less than a perfect fit for our material - old and new. I was grinning like crazy as we ran through a handful of new songs at our first rehearsal with him after sending demos back and forth over email the past couple of months, everything was just sounding so good. There's just no way to put this without sounding cliched as hell but his contribution to the new material has indeed already taken the sound of the band to a new level. Can't wait to hit the stage and the studio!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Barren Earth
Posted: 07.01.2014 by tibosax

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 76 users
07.01.2014 - 18:50
Wukk

Absolutely perfect fit. I hope this doesn't mean bad news for Hamferð though.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
07.01.2014 - 18:50
Draugen

As a fan of Hamferð, mainly due to Jón's vocals, I can't really complain about the choice of him as the new vocalist for Barren Earth. Hopefully this will result in an major improvement over The Devil's Resolve which I thought was average at best.
08.01.2014 - 15:11
OpenMind

I really love their first album hope this will be a good replacement !!!!!!!!

Hits total: 2799 | This month: 7