03. Old [Machine Head cover]
04. The Twins [live]
05. Saw It All [live]
06. Forsaken [live]
07. Nemesis [live]
08. Spit [demo]
09. Collection Of Dead Portraits [demo]

Additional info
Recorded, mixed and mastered in Seeheim, Germany at Kohlekeller Studios.

Limited deluxe edition comes in digibox format including a bonus CD, a patch, a pin and a poster.

Staff review by
Troy Killjoy
Rating:
We're here! We're queer! Get used to it!

Read more ››
published 31.03.2014 | Comments (16)

This French semi-trailer truck will hit you so hard in the face, you won't even realize what happened when it's all over.

Listen here.

J. N.'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 24 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 49   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 537 users
09.01.2014 - 17:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New track up. Already sounds better than the last album.

09.01.2014 - 23:39
TrollandDie

Me wanty.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
10.01.2014 - 09:37
Lord Dimitriy

It's about one month and the album will be released!!! Oh, I'm looking forward to uploading some fresh material of these guys! They are doing pretty good job!!!
10.01.2014 - 10:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'd rather have the teacher in the video, but this is still exciting.
----
Coldgrits
06.02.2014 - 02:44
Rating: 9
Diverge

This is killer. Unfortunately, this is my first encounter with Benighted so I can't compare to their earlier efforts.
06.02.2014 - 03:09
Rating: 6
Rulatore

I didn't like it that much. It must be because of the vocals. The instrumental was just ok.
06.02.2014 - 04:13
LascaillesShroud

The piggies make it unbearable for me. Music is ok though.
06.02.2014 - 05:43
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
BOOBS
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.02.2014 - 12:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Decent but simply not as fun as ICP / Identisick / Icon. They seem to have traded cool grooves for intensity which for a change I don't approve of. I actually think the BDM side is what's really missing here.
06.02.2014 - 15:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Already better than anything I heard in 2013 (aside from maybe Gris and Cult of Luna).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.02.2014 - 21:08
Skl3ros

Sounds good as always but like with previous releases it'll probably get boring pretty fast since their songstructure is just too easy to remember
08.02.2014 - 04:59
Diverge

Jekyll is such a beast. I love that groove towards the end.
10.02.2014 - 14:02
Ksajal

Too many pig squeals, way, way too much grindcore, not enough grooviness. Below average for me.
10.02.2014 - 15:04
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Ksajal on 10.02.2014 at 14:02

Too many pig squeals, way, way too much grindcore, not enough grooviness. Below average for me.

Kind of what I think as well. A step down for sure.
10.02.2014 - 16:25
Lord Dimitriy

I've already listened to this album. And frankly speaking this album was a total disappointment for me. That is why I was really upset having listened to it for several times. I have found no fresh ideas, no innovations... Previous albums are much better. That is my personal point of view. Perhaps, anyone else will like it. But for me, it is very weak.
11.02.2014 - 20:02
Rating: 7
Lethrokai

I've never been much of a guy for brutal death, but this might mark a turning point. Liking the variety between the two vocal styles, even though the squeals tend to be a bit much.

Will definitely be checking this out!
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
12.02.2014 - 01:34
Diverge

I don't really understand the complaints with the squeals. Maybe it's just relative to their past records, but I honestly think they are well-executed.
12.02.2014 - 08:00
DonMoenning

Underwhelming for me. I loved the melodic tendencies of Identisick, Icon, and Asylum Cave. How the band would just break out a standout riff or a melodic section that stood head and shoulders above the rest of the song. This album just feels very basic for them.
14.02.2014 - 10:44
Heka69

This is just death metal, the small tricks and random nonsense that made them stand out are pretty much gone. Also, it has some really weak moments. For example, "Spit" is fucking edgy that I can't take it as a joke anymore. Very disappointed.
14.02.2014 - 10:49
Heka69

But the Rammstein-cover is awesome.
14.02.2014 - 10:56
Rating: 8
.:Nataras:.
.:Saratan:.
Experience Your Flesh is really disappointing!! They run out of creativity, fun and if you are not agree with me, plz suggest me a good track from this album... should I spend my time to listen to this Album?
btw last album was great, Icon was really awesome...
----
14.02.2014 - 13:22
MechanisT
Account deleted
Standard fair/good in my book, as with every Benighted album. Not completely awed or blown away, nor repelled by it either. I do find it pretty low replay value material however. Won't be visiting this over and over again. Also; no problem with the piggies.
14.02.2014 - 17:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by .:Nataras:. on 14.02.2014 at 10:56
...plz suggest me a good track from this album... should I spend my time to listen to this Album?

I may be biased as someone who's loved everything about Benighted since Identisick, but I think you should definitely give this a chance, at least one full listen. "Slaughter/Suicide" and "Collection of Dead Portraits" are awesome songs with a ton of groove.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.02.2014 - 19:41
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.02.2014 at 17:06

...plz suggest me a good track from this album... should I spend my time to listen to this Album?

I may be biased as someone who's loved everything about Benighted since Identisick, but I think you should definitely give this a chance, at least one full listen. "Slaughter/Suicide" and "Collection of Dead Portraits" are awesome songs with a ton of groove.

Thanks! I will... I hope to find it awesome... because i had very good memories with Benighted.
----
14.02.2014 - 20:06
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by .:Nataras:. on 14.02.2014 at 19:41

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.02.2014 at 17:06

Thanks! I will... I hope to find it awesome... because i had very good memories with Benighted.

Someone recommending you a best track(s) off the record won't help you in judging the overall perspective. I mean you asked for the best track and turns out the whole album is bland. In some cases, album is pathetic but title song just kicks ass( like Iron Maiden's Dance of Death).

So, either you listen the whole record or don't touch it all.
14.02.2014 - 20:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 14.02.2014 at 20:06

Or he could just take 5 minutes to listen to a couple songs to see if they get his attention. If you don't like what you've heard after listening to three songs from this album, listening to the whole thing won't really change your opinion.
----
15.02.2014 - 04:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Apparently the nipple on this cover is responsible for their Facebook account being removed.

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2014/02/14/nipple-ripple-benighted-banned-from-facebook/
----
15.02.2014 - 12:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.02.2014 at 04:30

Apparently the nipple on this cover is responsible for their Facebook account being removed.
http://www.nocleansinging.com/2014/02/14/nipple-ripple-benighted-banned-from-facebook/

The most retarded thing I've read this week...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.02.2014 - 14:26

Someone recommending you a best track(s) off the record won't help you in judging the overall perspective. I mean you asked for the best track and turns out the whole album is bland. In some cases, album is pathetic but title song just kicks ass( like Iron Maiden's Dance of Death).

I agree with you in not judging the whole album with 2 or 3 tracks, but I listening to Benighted since 2007 or 2008 and I'm familiar with this band and I'm going to listen more tracks of this album or even the whole of it. I should give Benighted a chance but in other cases I mean the other bands that I don't know at all, I think only 2 or 3 track in most cases are sufficient, because there are too many bands out there and our time is limit, don't you think so?
----
15.02.2014 - 15:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by .:Nataras:. on 15.02.2014 at 14:26

I agree with you in not judging the whole album with 2 or 3 tracks, but I listening to Benighted since 2007 or 2008 and I'm familiar with this band and I'm going to listen more tracks of this album or even the whole of it. I should give Benighted a chance but in other cases I mean the other bands that I don't know at all, I think only 2 or 3 track in most cases are sufficient, because there are too many bands out there and our time is limit, don't you think so?

Yes, time is limit. No doubt about that.

Now, listen. As far as listening to Grindcore record is concerned, you know it very well songs are not lengthy. So it hardly takes a one small sit to complete first listen( for e.g. Pig Destroyer's The Book Burner). You listening to Benighted from couple of years might give a bleak judgement of record from 2 to 3 songs. Sit, play the whole disc and judge by yourself how the album is. It doesnt take much time. As for listening to other lengthy albums are concerned, yes you need to take your time out.

Hits total: 12671 | This month: 51