Metal Storm logo
Edguy - New Album Nears Completion

Edguy's new album is almost complete. Last year, Tobias Sammet announced the release of a new album to follow Age Of The Joker. The new output is recorded and is in the mixing process right now. You can expect it to be out in April. More details will be revealed soon. The feeling of the band is that it is their strongest and heaviest album to date.

The band has issued the following brief statement from the studio: "We have focused on what makes this band unique and recorded what we believe is going to be the strongest & heaviest album this band has ever recorded. We didn't waste any time with updates or distractions. There is no doubt, that this album is going to be the album we'll be measured against in the future. And it makes us proud to say that as a band that has been existing for over 22 years now, fully aware that the best is yet to come."

Now you wait to know more.

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy
Posted: 12.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 112 users
12.01.2014 - 17:06
Nemo Atkins
"Strongest & heaviest album album this band has ever recorded"?

I really doubt the first part, but the second part has me curious. Does this mean they're going back a bit more towards heavy metal than their last few albums were or does that mean some more influence from extreme metal?

If it's the former, I'm sold on this album already, as "Age Of The Joker" was very dull to me and a heavier direction than it would be much appreciated! If it's the latter (which I highly doubt, but I'm just throwing it out there)...I'll have to wait and see. Too many bands try to do this and mess it up, as they don't bring the intensity needed to pull it off properly.
12.01.2014 - 18:04
Stratowarrior
Anything near Hellfire Club and Mandrake and its a win for me
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
12.01.2014 - 18:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Stratowarrior on 12.01.2014 at 18:04

Anything near Hellfire Club and Mandrake and its a win for me

Absolutely! I did think that "Age Of The Joker" was better than the two albums which preceded it ("Tinnitus Sanctus" remains the band's weakest album in my opinion), but it still wasn't quite up there with their classics. Hopefully this new one continues their journey back up to greatness. Tobi must be a total workaholic! He seems to start working with Edguy again as soon as he's finished an album/tour cycle with Avantasia, and vice versa.
12.01.2014 - 18:37
Stratowarrior
Sure, TS was a bad album to be honest, i do not know if they can go back to their classic sound but some power metal will be well received IMO
----
power metal 'til death!!!!!!!!!
12.01.2014 - 20:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am still interested, but kinda skeptical after last experiences with Tobi
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.01.2014 - 05:45
mikeprado30
Maybe will be like the last Avantasia one, but if they do something like Vain Glory Opera will be great
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
20.01.2014 - 12:32
Chriwalker
Account deleted
Written by Nemo Atkins on 12.01.2014 at 17:06

I really doubt the first part, but the second part has me curious. Does this mean they're going back a bit more towards heavy metal than their last few albums were or does that mean some more influence from extreme metal?

If it's the former, I'm sold on this album already, as "Age Of The Joker" was very dull to me and a heavier direction than it would be much appreciated! If it's the latter (which I highly doubt, but I'm just throwing it out there)...I'll have to wait and see. Too many bands try to do this and mess it up, as they don't bring the intensity needed to pull it off properly.

Well Tobias said something much like that about AotJ and that turned out to be quite the disappointment. Still looking forward to this album, after the last I don't really have to high expectations, which might be a good thing, maybe it'll surprise me
20.01.2014 - 14:40
Nemo Atkins
Written by Guest on 20.01.2014 at 12:32

Written by Nemo Atkins on 12.01.2014 at 17:06

Well Tobias said something much like that about AotJ and that turned out to be quite the disappointment. Still looking forward to this album, after the last I don't really have to high expectations, which might be a good thing, maybe it'll surprise me

Well, to be fair, the new Avantasia was certainly closer to power metal than The Scarecrow Trilogy was, so it's possible that this might actually be a heavier record than AotJ was.

That said, I'm not getting my hopes up about this one until I hear the single. Which will probably be in late March, assuming this doesn't get delayed...

Hits total: 1847 | This month: 5