Metal Storm logo
Cynic - Unveil Lyric Video For New Song

Innovators Cynic have premiered the title track from the forthcoming new album Kindly Bent To Free Us in the form of a lyric video. You can feast your eyes/ears on it right here. This is the second song showcased off the new album after "The Lion's Roar". Which song do you prefer?

The album will be released on February 18th, 2014 (February 14th worldwide) under the Season Of Mist banner.

About the new material, drummer Sean Reinert said previously: "...It's a bold new sound for Cynic and marks a gigantic leap in the band's progression. We've had a lot of time to let this material develop and gestate, and it finally feels ready to be unleashed on the world. I've been in trio mode with Malone and Masvidal flushing out a zillion and one details, and couldn't be happier about what's happening with these songs. They are truly alive!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cynic
Posted: 14.01.2014 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 116 users
15.01.2014 - 00:09
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hobbit-sized? That's about as big as my expectations for this album are after the two previews :/
15.01.2014 - 00:49
Luneth
Account deleted
Oh god, let the onslaught of merciless genre disintegration and classification begin. Personally, I love every song Cynic make. There isn't one album, EP, LP, whatever, Cynic is a great band.
15.01.2014 - 00:55
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Hmm.....
15.01.2014 - 05:44
whatsacow
I like it more than the last song they released... but we'll see. Cynic albums have a way of growing on me.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
15.01.2014 - 05:52
Diverge
Not Traced in Air quality, but certainly the best thing they have released since that album. That being said, the album could certainly still be a tossed bag given the last EP and the first released track.
15.01.2014 - 12:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I'm not loving this new song, but I still think the album could be good. I preferred "The Lion's Roar".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.01.2014 - 12:37
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Liked the song, I'll definitely look for this album
15.01.2014 - 18:11
Lethrokai
Preferred The Lion's Roar, but this song is still not too shabby. They're changing their sound up yet again by the looks of things.
One thing I'm really liking about this new sound is that Malone's bass is fucking beautiful to listen to.

There really is no way of predicting how this album will be (if you're not opposed to this sound as a whole, that is) so I'm just going to wait until it's released. Hopes are high right now though. It's fresh, but still Cynic.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
16.01.2014 - 16:50
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Sounds fair to me. Good news for me that Sean (Malone) was on board with them.
----

Hits total: 2751 | This month: 5