- Web Links
- Interview
- Cataventures Part 1 & 2
- Tuhat Vuotta Promo Video
- Audio Tracks from both Demos
- Desktop Images
- Photo Gallery
- 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound

Catamenia is not so old but they're extremely productive and release in general a new album each year. This time we will not talk about a new album but about their first DVD "Bringing The Cold To Poland" which was recorded in Poland and produced by the label Metal Mind. If you're already a fan of this Finnish band, this is something for you!

I'm not here to talk about the music of Catamenia but about their DVD. Though I will have to say for the ones who don't know them yet that they play a kind of soft melodic symphonic Black Metal, this kind of music that you can find a lot in Finland. For the show, the band used two singers Olli Mustonen (the official one) and Kari Vähäkuopus (for the clean vocals). On the track list, you'll find songs from their whole discography plus a cover of Satyricon "Fuel for Hatred" and a cover of Wasp "I Wanna Be Somebody".

The show was recorded the same day and in the same venue than the one of the live DVD of Obituary and Grave and well, I cannot say that Catamenia had the same audience. It was actually not so full and not so reactive even if the band tried to get some reactions from the public. Well, evidently, Catamenia is not so famous but they had the same means of productions than the the two other monsters of Death Metal. Good image good sound big production, it's a trend with Metal Mind.

On the other hand, and as always with the label from Poland, this is a DVD with a live performance and nothing more. Well not really but the bonus are not so big, a biography, some video clip an interview a studio videos (with essentialy the band who is joking) and nothing more. Well, I'm not a big fan of bonus so it's ok for me but some of you will probably be a bit disappointed. Finally, note that you can find also a special version of the DVD with the CD of the concert.

"Bringing The Cold To Poland" is a DVD for the fans. It's well done with a good sound and good images but evidently if you're not a fan of their really soft and "Finnish" symphonic Black Metal I don't see why you should have to buy this release. It's only a matter of taste, if you like Catamenia, you can go for this one without any problem but if you're looking for something special?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 12.01.2007

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 54 users
13.01.2007 - 12:27
FOOCK Nam

The only one DVD live show of mutli-bands in Poland, I have had was from Mystic production, very active show with Children of Bodom, some others and last with Mayhem. I love Catamenia,so I decide to buy this so far if I have a chance
13.01.2007 - 19:59
ChristianMetaler
Account deleted
Katamenia kicks ass!!!
16.01.2007 - 23:19
Mort

Also Sinister recorded their DVD that night.
As for Catamenia... well they had an audience of about 50 people only and seemed to be really disappointed by that fact.
27.03.2007 - 09:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Wow, that actually sounds sort of disapointing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.03.2007 - 17:17
|Angela|
Account deleted
I liked some of their older stuff more than this one. Your rating is slightly high for me. I was expecting something a bit better(since it was a DVD and all) when I borrowed it and listened lol.
28.10.2008 - 02:58
Rating: 2
Passe

One of the worst live performance ever. Sad to see Catamania going into extreme power metal... They were so amazing with their specific black metal sound from the first album.
23.06.2011 - 19:57
Rating: 1
enumaelis

If I were Catamenia I wouldnt sell this crap. It's a bad concert, with few public -and few active-, with static singers, and I doubt the reviewer reached to the last song, where Location Cold (song) is a total lame: one of the guitars is leaving in the middle cause the guitar stops sounding, he doesnt return at all; the clean vocalist is almost losing the voice; the "black metal" vocalist seems to be a walking dead headbanger... the setlist fills 50 min. of show!! and they include 2 cover songs! (come on, how many albums do they have???), and finally everyone is leaving the stage fast (and probably dissapointed that they had recorded this DVD at that night).
Liking how I like(d) Catamenia, I must say that this is probably the worst concert released as DVD ever!!
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
20.07.2015 - 19:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Passe on 28.10.2008 at 02:58

One of the worst live performance ever. Sad to see Catamania going into extreme power metal... They were so amazing with their specific black metal sound from the first album.

I agree
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 6496 | This month: 25