Vocals, guitars, bass: Nocturno Culto
Drums: Fenriz

"F.O.A.D." is an acronym for "Fuck Off And Die" which is the fifth track of the
album. It's a hidden tribute to Danish thrash/death band Desexult and their
legendary demo "S.O.D.F.O.A.D".

Staff review by
Jeff
Rating:
"F.O.A.D." means "fuck off and die" and this is a really good way to send a big "fuck you" to the system? The new album is not an album of Black Metal, Darkthrone is not into this kind of music anymore (well not really, let say that they just don't play pure Black Metal nowadays). But even if it's surprising to listen to this kind of music from a band which is a legend of its first original musical style, I will tell you one thing, these guys have balls and big ones? I can already tell you that "F.O.A.D." will stay in our memories?

Read more ››
published 04.11.2007 | Comments (9)

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 250 users
15.01.2014 - 13:42
Rating: 5
musicalkaratekid

Honestly found myself very disappointed with this, given that my expectations were high (not too high) as a result of listening to "The Cult is Alive". Most of the songs here to me simply come across as lazy and uninspired (by the way, I do know this style of music can be simplistic as well), and Fenriz's vocals for the most part are either ludicrous or monotonous. That said, the title track is a fun little track.
03.01.2019 - 21:51
Rating: 8
Maasai Mara

Lemmy himself would be proud of this. This magnificent take on black rock and roll proves that Darkthrone is the most versatile band ever.
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.
14.10.2019 - 20:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
No idea what "Canadian Metal" has to do with Canada but damn that guitar solo is really nice to hear.

They should have hired a session vocalist instead of letting Nocturno Culto ruin everything with his old man yelling.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.11.2020 - 01:03
Rating: 7
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I really enjoy this album. I can't figure out if it's a 7 or 8. Depends on the mood. I remember lovin Raised On Rock when this album cam out. Turns out I still enjoy it a lot haha. Thir punk/black/heavy/speed/whatever mix just works for me.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2019 at 20:20
No idea what "Canadian Metal" has to do with Canada but damn that guitar solo is really nice to hear.

I'm stupid late to answer this but I just spinned my recently-bought copy of this album and in the liner notes Fenriz says that track is just about Canadian metal song that rule.

The lyrics:

Quote:
Sex with Satan the loudest song
Sounds like a hammer from hell
Pyrokinesis and Take This Torch
Sounds that fill me with no remorse

Canadian Metal

Whimsical Uproar, Tortured Souls,
For these fuckin' sounds my angry heart calls
Canadian Metal, just obey
On your weak sounds (new plastic metal) we will prey...

"Sex with Satan" is a song by Piledriver, "Pyrokinesis" is by Sacrifice, "Take This Torch" is by Razor, "Whimsical Uproar" is by Obliveon and "Tortured Souls" is by Slaughter.
^
I took that from from Metal Archives because I'm lazy and I didn't know those bands either.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 10261 | This month: 21