02. Immortal Identitiy
03. Gates Of Persia
04. Dooms Day
05. Cyrus The Great
06. Monotheism
07. Testament Of The King
08. Homo Sapiens
09. Xerxes

When I first listened to Immortal Identity, I found it better than my expectations. The band was simply the thing that I was looking for, although there are some kinds of things, which I should tell you. Arsames is one of the best bands from Iran. Their goal was to show Iran's history to the world and if you read their lyrics carefully, you will know they mostly relate to Persia's kings and this album is prideful. They play their music so good and their performance is also good.

So, I think their lyrics are just like Amon Amarth, who make their country and homeland's tales and history to songs, and the quality of the singer isn't bad at all. Arsames work is original, great and powerful. Their sound recording had some problems, meaning their studio did it a little bad, but not that bad. In my opinion, their guitarist is the best Iranian guitarist. He produces a very good sound with his guitar and takes the stages high. Their drummer since left the band but both of them (new and old) are technically good and their bassist makes a very impressive sound.

There's another thing which I think reduces Arsames's quality: they are not all that active. Even though the band played in festivals such as Unirock and Sikkim, they are a little lazy and their next album could be released about 6 month later! If they would try harder, they could reach higher! I say it again, if they would try to look forward to the future, they could be one of the legends of metal music.

My overall rating for their music, performance and lyrics is 8.7, which is good for their Immortal Identity, their first album. It was just my point of view, and I would be happy if someone else tell me anything about Arsames. If a song-by-song review wasn't forbidden, I could write more than this!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Written by MetalAce | 15.01.2014

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 31 users
17.01.2014 - 10:20
Rating: 8
In Bone Factory
I like them so much, so powerful in live shows.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
18.01.2014 - 00:19
Rating: 10
SoshianT
When i hear their songs , similair i listen to amon amarth ...
their songs are very strong especially Immortal Identitiy
18.01.2014 - 05:56
MetalAce
The Eternal
Written by SoshianT on 18.01.2014 at 00:19

When i hear their songs , similair i listen to amon amarth ...
their songs are very strong especially Immortal Identitiy

But IMO, Madarshahi's voice isn't so powerful, and it's why I didn't leave 9.1 and 8.7 instead. But I agree with you, strong melodies.
19.01.2014 - 00:21
SoshianT
Strong melodies , yes but his singer' art is good because singing must match with melodies
and this is important not strong voice
thanks for your review brother ...
20.01.2014 - 05:33
MetalAce
The Eternal
Written by SoshianT on 19.01.2014 at 00:21

Strong melodies , yes but his singer' art is good because singing must match with melodies
and this is important not strong voice
thanks for your review brother ...

His voice has a special tone, and I think it's why many people love him, meanwell, he is not like everyone.

Hits total: 2636 | This month: 11