Metal Storm logo
In Mourning - Drummer Christian Netzell Leaves The Band

Just three months after announcing that they're back in the game, Swedish prog/death metallers In Mourning have parted ways with founding member and drummer Christian Netzell. The reason for this sad departure was stated to be "mainly due to musical differences" and there are no hard feelings whatsoever. Mattias Bender will replace Christian as a stand-in drummer for the upcoming live shows.

Here's the band's official statement: "Christian has chosen to leave In Mourning! After fourteen years of playing with In Mourning Christian has decided to leave the band, mainly due to musical differences. We will be departing from an amazing drummer and a formidable guy. There are no hard feelings behind this departure and we wish Christian the very best in all his current and future projects.

"For our upcoming live shows our friend Mattias Bender will be joining us as a stand-in drummer. Regarding the future in a longer perspective we will keep you informed on what will happen, however In Mourning will continue to work on a new record that's for certain. Over and out! / In Mourning."

[Also thanks to Insomniac! and BloodJuNkie for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Mourning
Posted: 17.01.2014 by Monolithic

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 69 users
17.01.2014 - 17:49
Reaper_Redeemer

He was such a good drummer
17.01.2014 - 17:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Sadly, he is probably more worried about his band Vholdghast right now.

To be honest, if you don't want to be in the band, you better leave especially due to "musical differences". If In Mourning continue to release great records, I won't even think about it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.01.2014 - 21:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by BloodTears on 17.01.2014 at 17:53

Sadly, he is probably more worried about his band Vholdghast right now.

To be honest, if you don't want to be in the band, you better leave especially due to "musical differences". If In Mourning continue to release great records, I won't even think about it.

This is sad. But you're right, when "musical differences" start to show up the best thing to do is to part ways. I never liked those words though... but I'm sure they'll keep working hard for more quality albums to come.

PS: Hi! How have you been?
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 3017 | This month: 3