Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - 'Father Of The Wolf' Video Released

The much awaited new Amon Amarth video for the track "Father Of The Wolf" has finally been unveiled. The Swedes promised that the "Father Of The Wolf" mini-movie/video world premiere live would happen at the Las Vegas House Of Blues yesterday and it did. Now the epic production video is also available on YouTube which means you can watch it now here. You might remember this song from Amon Amarth's latest musical offering Deceiver Of The Gods, released last year.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 18.01.2014 by Michaelis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 240 users
18.01.2014 - 13:46
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
18.01.2014 - 13:54
Inshushinak
Finally after a loooong time waiting
18.01.2014 - 22:12
Hatebeard
Account deleted
FUCKING FANTASTIC! I think my beard just grew another 6 - 8 inches after watching this...
18.01.2014 - 22:24
Traezeus
Pretty badass.
19.01.2014 - 02:01
This is awesome. Nice to see new Amon Amarth videos.
19.01.2014 - 02:05
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Why do metal videos always have to suck? The story was virtually non-existent, FX laughable and the directing/editing was way too frenetic. And for all the effort put into production they really couldn't think of any better place to show the band playing than a generic soundstage?
----
pewpew.. gotcha
19.01.2014 - 02:54
Machiavelli
Account deleted
It is rare when you find a metal music video you like... and I will again have to continue on from here. Crap.
19.01.2014 - 09:53
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Great band, great song but a pretty ridiculous and overly long clip. I don't think bands make many good clips these days anyway, especially in the metal scene. It's a dying art, perhaps.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
19.01.2014 - 10:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 09:53
I don't think bands make many good clips these days anyway, especially in the metal scene. It's a dying art, perhaps.

Did they make better videos back in the day or something? (Serious question. I usually don't bother with music videos.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.01.2014 - 10:29
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2014 at 10:26

I don't think bands make many good clips these days anyway, especially in the metal scene. It's a dying art, perhaps.

Did they make better videos back in the day or something? (Serious question. I usually don't bother with music videos.)

Yep.
----
19.01.2014 - 10:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 10:29
Yep.

Are we talking specifically about AA videos or are we going back into like the '80s and '90s as a whole?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.01.2014 - 10:41
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.01.2014 at 10:36

Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 10:29
Yep.

Are we talking specifically about AA videos or are we going back into like the '80s and '90s as a whole?

Not AA and not even metal, but just popular music and the videos that have been made in the past. I think there are still good ones being made, that are interesting and really suit the song. Some examples that come to my mind (and remember, I don't watch a lot of videos either) are the clip for "Civilization Collapse" by Kreator or the clip for "Love as a Weapon" by Darkest Hour. Still, I might be acting like an old man in decrying that things were better in the past than they are now.
----
19.01.2014 - 10:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.01.2014 at 10:41
Still, I might be acting like an old man in decrying that things were better in the past than they are now.

Eh, you might have a point. I tend to feel this way about movies in general so I could see it applying to music videos as well.

As for this video - aside from promotional purposes I don't see the point of it. It looks amateurish, and not in a good way.
----
19.01.2014 - 11:51
Svneatr
Vitharr
I liked the live action stuff but the CGI was utterly laughable.
19.01.2014 - 13:09
s_t_s
Have to move forward a few minutes to see if there would finally be some music to be included in this movie I woumd have contended with the music video only
19.01.2014 - 18:28
Vombatus
Potorro
Video looks very amon amart-ish, bland with lots of fanfare for nothing that is. Oh and the computer effects suck big time. At least it's on the same level as the song...
19.01.2014 - 20:57
Crème fraiche
LET ME GUESS....there are vikings in this video, and possibly a battle/fighting? xD
19.01.2014 - 22:03
Hatebeard
Account deleted

No, not really...and they were mostly just the band on a set pretending to play the song with some fancy camera work thrown in, which is done even better nowadays because of new technologies. Also, when anyone attempted to do anything remotely close to what this video does, they used cheesetastic animatronics, and primitive computer effects that looked a hundred times more ridiculous than today's CGI. These codgers stuck back in the 80's and 90's just can't remove the nostalgia goggles long enough to appreciate anything new being done nowadays, that's all.

Granted, CGI can be done a lot better than this, but this isn't a big budget Hollywood movie set to make hundreds of millions of dollars, it's an Amon Amarth video that dares to visualize the subject matter of their music...which isn't easy even when done inside the mind of the listener.

I think it takes balls to make stuff like this nowadays because the jaded, overcritical, self anointed experts are hiding behind every corner waiting to pounce.
20.01.2014 - 02:29
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 19.01.2014 at 22:03

No, not really...and they were mostly just the band on a set pretending to play the song with some fancy camera work thrown in, which is done even better nowadays because of new technologies. Also, when anyone attempted to do anything remotely close to what this video does, they used cheesetastic animatronics, and primitive computer effects that looked a hundred times more ridiculous than today's CGI. These codgers stuck back in the 80's and 90's just can't remove the nostalgia goggles long enough to appreciate anything new being done nowadays, that's all.

Granted, CGI can be done a lot better than this, but this isn't a big budget Hollywood movie set to make hundreds of millions of dollars, it's an Amon Amarth video that dares to visualize the subject matter of their music...which isn't easy even when done inside the mind of the listener.

I think it takes balls to make stuff like this nowadays because the jaded, overcritical, self anointed experts are hiding behind every corner waiting to pounce.

Settle down, mate. I just don't like it much. There's no law saying everyone has to like something.
----
20.01.2014 - 11:54
Wukk
Gee, you're right. I just went through my YT playlist of standout music videos and hardly any of them are metal. There's only one real good metal music video I can think of that isn't a comedy video (intentionally or not, hello Immortal) and that's the one for Ghost Brigade's Clawmaster.

As for this one by AA, GEMA blocks it so I can't really comment.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
21.01.2014 - 21:34
edw
Energic and full of vitality!
26.01.2014 - 19:19
MetalSpider
A good video by Amon Amarth. Yes, it's cheesy and the special effects aren't exactly top notch, but it was fun. I definitely appreciate the work that went into it.

Written by Wukk on 20.01.2014 at 11:54

Gee, you're right. I just went through my YT playlist of standout music videos and hardly any of them are metal. There's only one real good metal music video I can think of that isn't a comedy video (intentionally or not, hello Immortal) and that's the one for Ghost Brigade's Clawmaster.

As for this one by AA, GEMA blocks it so I can't really comment.

Ghost Brigade's Clawmaster is a pretty awesome video no doubt!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!

Hits total: 4986 | This month: 5