Metal Storm logo
Manowar - Details On New Album Revealed

Manowar has started to give away parts of the CD cover for the upcoming new album Gods Of War, which is set to be released on February 23, 2007 in Germany (February 26 for the rest of Europe and April 3 for the USA/Canada).

Next to this first taste of what the album cover will look like, the band also gives away a bit more info about the CD - concept, including 2 more song-titles. Gods Of War is Manowar's first entry in a cycle of concept albums; each a tribute to a different war god. Opening with the epic piece "Overture To The Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors", the tone is set for an album beyond anything Manowar has done before. This album honors Odin - almighty father of the Norse gods - and details the history and exploits of this storied character. His power and wisdom were unmatched among the gods and he is paid tribute with human sacrifice on the battlefield, as heard in the song "The Sons Of Odin", the stomping title track "Gods Of War" and the storytelling "The Blood Of Odin".

Manowar will continue with revealing the cover in their upcoming E-Card, so keep an eye on www.manowar.com to make sure you don't miss anything!

Besides the normal jewel-case version, "Gods of War" will also be released as a limited edition in an embossed metal slipcase containing a high grade mediabook bound in leather. Furthermore, this limited edition will feature a bonus DVD with unreleased material detailing the making of this album and some special behind-the-scenes footage. A double-vinyl LP in a gatefold sleeve will also be available.

Source: manowar.com
Band profile: Manowar
Posted: 14.01.2007 by Hyvaarin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 11 users
14.01.2007 - 03:01
Iced Digger
Account deleted
Another Manowar release, eh? My dad will be excited. Nothing special in my opinion.
14.01.2007 - 03:59
Judas
The Amputator
Hell yeah, good to see they're still fighting for true metal. Wimps and posers, leave the hall!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
14.01.2007 - 11:05
MUSIC?
Account deleted
I read this while tired and for a second I thought it said "Nanowar" and got all exited but it's only Manowar and they don't play good sounds anymore. Or ever.
14.01.2007 - 12:35
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Guest on 14.01.2007 at 11:05

I read this while tired and for a second I thought it said "Nanowar" and got all exited but it's only Manowar and they don't play good sounds anymore. Or ever.

Leave the hall. Your heart is not of steel.
----
14.01.2007 - 13:03
matthioso
I'm really looking forward to this album. hope to see them live one day
----
www.seedofrock.be
14.01.2007 - 16:58
AnarChrist
I hope it will be funny
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
14.01.2007 - 19:34
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Looking forward to this!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
14.01.2007 - 22:01
necrovamp
Written by Guest on 14.01.2007 at 11:05

What do you actully listen to then? Trivium? Manowar are one of the best Metal bands Around! you should defintly leave the hall.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
15.01.2007 - 04:12
MUSIC?
Account deleted
Written by necrovamp on 14.01.2007 at 22:01

What do you actully listen to then? Trivium? Manowar are one of the best Metal bands Around! you should defintly leave the hall.

THANK YOU FOR THE COOL AID REVEREND JIM

*Bass Solo*
15.01.2007 - 07:39
Judas
The Amputator
Joey de Maio and Eric Adams will run over you with their motorcyles, heretic.
----
15.01.2007 - 08:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Man I cant wait, sounds like a really cool concept. Just heard some samples on the e-card, looks like its gonna be amazing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.01.2007 - 09:56
MUSIC?
Account deleted
Written by Judas on 15.01.2007 at 07:39

Joey de Maio and Eric Adams will run over you with their motorcyles, heretic.

You guys are all just upset that all the big name power metal bands released poor albums in 06. Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian . . . face it. The hall's getting a little worn. It makes me sad, but then I listen to Kamelot and feel better.
15.01.2007 - 16:45
Highlander
Account deleted
Don't insult Manowar by saying Hammerfall and Rhapsody in reference!

But this is a fuckin belter!
18.01.2007 - 21:06
eagleheart
Account deleted
The fact that manowar have so many people that speak and care about them, either like them or hate them, gives a lot of value to the band.They are undoubtedly the fathers of epic metal.Hail to thee
09.02.2007 - 16:08
TheWarlord
Account deleted
Let the battle begin !
12.08.2008 - 13:53
Born-2rise
Nayyiker
wasnt such a bad album i must say.
----
Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will.

Hits total: 5871 | This month: 6