Metal Storm logo
Winter Olympics 2014

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.02.2014 - 12:35
Soon it will begin, so we can discuss events here

About me: To be honest this is not best time to me, since whit Rus we have 3 H difference it means all will be early and I have no time, so much and besides damn Swe nat Tv did not get wrights , damn viasat get, only Tv3 is where I cans ee, since I have no TV3 and other super extra pay TV (OG and WC, EC must be on national TV), but as I said I have time at Fridays, and weekends, not other days and maybe evenings, I am more interested in hockey since only time all best plays, also bobsleigh, sledging, biathlon, skiing disciplines, super giant, I 100% don't care about figure skating.
I still think it was mistake organize it there, Salzburg must be there, homosexuality, Rus must stop discriminate different thinking people and liberate all political prisoners
20.02.2014 - 02:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.02.2014 at 02:44

Written by Bad English on 20.02.2014 at 02:36
Ted Nolan did great job whit Lv

Absolutely. His creativity with faceoffs and zone play is really impressive, and he's well-liked by every team he's coached. He's managed to find success with some of the least skilled rosters in leagues he's coached in as well which says something about his character and popularity with his teams. I liked how much he leaned on Girgensons from the get-go, I'm sure that kid's confidence is through the roof now. Buffalo will benefit from the relationship developing between those two in the long run, and Latvia's team play down the road will likely only improve from here on out. Could be an underdog team like the Swiss that come to play and potentially upset some of the proposed elite teams like Russia that haven't medaled at the Games since a bronze in '02. Politics, questionable coaching decisions, and an overall lack of heart in the face of adversity are killing this team's chances of winning anything but World Championships.

Suisse litle bit underastimate Lv and Nolan is great, Nolana nd Ozolins is reason why Lv get place, if not Sandis come back Lv would be kicked by France
LHF seems will let Nolan work in this WC to , but this is his last year in Lv seems so )
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.02.2014 - 18:51
Paz

Beautiful ending for us in Adler Ariena! Two medals, bronze (men) and silver (women) in team's speed skating.

PS. Double victory (of course) for the Netherlands...
22.02.2014 - 19:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
The Finnish Flash! Teemu Selanne! The ageless wonder pretty much guaranteeing the Finns take home bronze at this point over the Americans. What a kid.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.02.2014 - 19:28
Ragana
Rawrcat
It's nice that the medal goes to a country that will actually be happy about it. Americans expected it, but the Finns earned it. Have no clue what's going to happen tomorrow, though... I see the game will be at 7 a.m. ET. Must be fun living in North America.
22.02.2014 - 19:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 22.02.2014 at 19:28

It's nice that the medal goes to a country that will actually be happy about it. Americans expected it, but the Finns earned it. Have no clue what's going to happen tomorrow, though... I see the game will be at 7 a.m. ET. Must be fun living in North America.

wait when FIFA WC , Next Summer OG and next OG will hold a place .... wait before say it
well zero seven hundred hours is pain in the ass, even to me when I need wake up till elevem huinderd since in twelf hundred is UEFA EC qual groups draw
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 22:04
SmokyPeat

So glad the Finns took the bronze with such a decisive win at that. Their level of compete is second to none. Selanne will be retiring on a good note and imagine if he wins the cup with the Ducks this year.

Nevertheless, tomorrow is the big day. Can't wait
22.02.2014 - 22:17
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.02.2014 at 19:02

What a kid.

Yeah, he's still amazing. Some candy passing by Jori Lehterä as well!
22.02.2014 - 23:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Risto on 22.02.2014 at 22:17
Yeah, he's still amazing. Some candy passing by Jori Lehterä as well!

That sauce from Granlund for Selanne in the slot was one of the most masterful passes I've seen since the start of the Games. The Finns dominated that game from beginning to end with energy and passion that the Americans completely lacked. I know it's not a gold medal but giving up because you're "stuck with" playing for bronze seems like a poor attitude to have. You're there to compete as athletes - professional ones at that, who make millions of dollars a year in most cases. I'm glad the Finns took over even though I feel bad for guys like Quick who was hung out to dry and McDonagh who never gave up.

Can't wait to see how we stack up against the Swedes when it's all on the line tomorrow morning.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.02.2014 - 00:54
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.02.2014 at 23:20

That sauce from Granlund for Selanne in the slot was one of the most masterful passes I've seen since the start of the Games.

Granlund is a genius. His pass to Immonen's PP goal against Russia in the 2011 World Champ semi-final was similar, though not quite as clean as that one.

I also think this play of his at 5:35 is a little underrated:

23.02.2014 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lv got silver on 4 men boslide
lets say it would be gold if this race would be in another country lets say Salzburg .... new track in Sochi and Rus had best atvantige what they did not bloop
2th time lv has medals in bobslide in OG ( I cant remeber)
seems if I remeber total 3 medals, good,

Swe has many, more then we expected, also good, also some gold tusen tack Chalotte Kalla
But now today most importanty gold will be played
----

apos;'
[image]
23.02.2014 - 21:02
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 23.02.2014 at 14:18

lets say it would be gold if this race would be in another country lets say Salzburg .... new track in Sochi and Rus had best atvantige what they did not bloop

Salzburg is not a country. But yeah, I agree, that and the fact that Russians are organizing - many have said that the Olympic spirit has been missing, especially considering suspicions that Russians have tampered with results and/or technical things (ice on luge track, not letting others train, etc.). Flag of the USSR appearing in hockey arena at some point (saw pictures) was just plain disrespectful, while Ukrainian team was disallowed to mourn for their people.
Anyway, Latvia indeed had good Winter Olympics - 4 medals in total (very unexpected), but, as I said, it's in the shadow of these odd things in Sochi and, of course, happenings in Ukraine.
23.02.2014 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 23.02.2014 at 21:02

Written by Bad English on 23.02.2014 at 14:18

Salzburg is not a country. But yeah, I agree, that and the fact that Russians are organizing - many have said that the Olympic spirit has been missing, especially considering suspicions that Russians have tampered with results and/or technical things (ice on luge track, not letting others train, etc.). Flag of the USSR appearing in hockey arena at some point (saw pictures) was just plain disrespectful, while Ukrainian team was disallowed to mourn for their people.
Anyway, Latvia indeed had good Winter Olympics - 4 medals in total (very unexpected), but, as I said, it's in the shadow of these odd things in Sochi and, of course, happenings in Ukraine.

yes I am not amie I know Salzburg is not a country
Skeleton how came guy has same speed all 4 tracks
Rus can cheat, they sport still ha spolitical idea, we red wanna be best , this is biggest ishue why Rus hockey did not won gold and seems they wont get OG gold LOL never ever again
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2014 - 08:22
SmokyPeat

Written by Risto on 23.02.2014 at 00:54

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.02.2014 at 23:20

That sauce from Granlund for Selanne in the slot was one of the most masterful passes I've seen since the start of the Games.

Granlund is a genius. His pass to Immonen's PP goal against Russia in the 2011 World Champ semi-final was similar, though not quite as clean as that one.

I also think this play of his at 5:35 is a little underrated:

My god does the announcer ever get excited around 5:40 I could only imagine his face