Metal Storm logo
The Most Effective Of Quebec's Technical Death Metal Bands

Original post

Posted by , 15.01.2007 - 21:28
Alright, so I have to do this project for a class. The project is a 16 page article in where I have to pick a music topic. I decided to do it on Quebec's technical death metal scene and chose three bands to talk about; Gorguts, Cryptopsy and Quo Vadis. Then the prof told us that we needed things like graphs and such. So, this poll is simply designed to get an online poll opinion. So, give me an opinion and please do the poll. Thanks a lot!

Poll

Which One Represents The Genre More? (Yes...just these three)

Quo Vadis
Cryptopsy
Gorguts

Total votes: 124
20.04.2012 - 06:13
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.04.2012 at 06:10

Written by Guib on 20.04.2012 at 06:08
it won't sound the same its never gonna be the band it once was.

People keep saying this but they continue to forget the main composer is the only one left and that's all that matters.

And judging by the song they previewed a while ago for the upcoming album, it doesn't sound like much has changed. I'm betting on a 2013 release even though it's slated for sometime in 2012.

Troy will see... its not always a matter of composing, but you know the live part is important
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.04.2012 - 06:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guib on 20.04.2012 at 06:13
Troy will see... its not always a matter of composing, but you know the live part is important

I personally don't care about live performances as I don't go to shows...

Although Quo Vadis released one of the best live DVDs I've ever seen. So I'll agree with you this time.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.04.2012 - 06:18
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.04.2012 at 06:17

Although Quo Vadis released one of the best live DVDs I've ever seen. So I'll agree with you this time.

you don't go to shows ?? *pulls out a gun and shoots the fuck out of you*

BoxCar was right, YOUR TIME IS UP !!!!
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.04.2012 - 06:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guib on 20.04.2012 at 06:18

I have crippling panic attacks in large crowds. Like, anything that involves more than 50 people in one confined space at a time.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.04.2012 - 06:21
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.04.2012 at 06:20

Written by Guib on 20.04.2012 at 06:18

I have crippling panic attacks in large crowds. Like, anything that involves more than 50 people in one confined space at a time.

oh okay then... Its not ur fault, its some kind of agoraphobia I guess
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.04.2012 - 06:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guib on 20.04.2012 at 06:21
Its not ur fault, its some kind of agoraphobia I guess

Not necessarily. Agoraphobia is a rather vague term but it doesn't really target my specific issue.

For the sake of an easy explanation I just say I have a mild case of agoraphobic tendencies, although I could care less about what the official diagnosis would be. I just don't do crowds.

I'd love to catch some underground métal noir Québécois shows if I could. I know this is about Québéc's tech-death scene but honestly I much prefer it's black metal scene.
----
20.04.2012 - 06:26
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.04.2012 at 06:25

Not necessarily. Agoraphobia is a rather vague term but it doesn't really target my specific issue.

For the sake of an easy explanation I just say I have a mild case of agoraphobic tendencies, although I could care less about what the official diagnosis would be. I just don't do crowds.

I'd love to catch some underground métal noir Québécois shows if I could. I know this is about Québéc's tech-death scene but honestly I much prefer it's black metal scene.

eh eh Quebec's Metal scene is the best in Canada I know
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.04.2012 - 15:17
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

That must such :C I feel bad for ya bor.

Well once you life stabilzes you might have time to drive up to Montreal for the weekend and watch Gris or something.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.04.2012 - 02:49
SilentScream
Blasphemer

Monarque goes to Toronto once in a while, Forteresse too. Not sure you would see many other metal noir in your area though.

Just out of curiosity : What Metal Noir bands are you fond of?
25.04.2012 - 05:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by SilentScream on 25.04.2012 at 02:49
What Metal Noir bands are you fond of?

I don't think I've been disappointed by one yet. Gris, Forteresse, Akitsa, Sombres Forêts, Neige et Noirceur, Brume d'Automne, Csejthe, Monarque, etc.
----
25.04.2012 - 21:29
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.04.2012 at 05:18

I don't think I've been disappointed by one yet. Gris, Forteresse, Akitsa, Sombres Forêts, Neige et Noirceur, Brume d'Automne, Csejthe, Monarque, etc.

I am very happy to see that some of our bands are making themselves a reputation outside of Quebec and outside of Canada. Not only happy, but proud.

The union between Gris and Sombre Forêts, Misere Luminis, is worth checking out as well.
25.04.2012 - 22:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by SilentScream on 25.04.2012 at 21:29
The union between Gris and Sombre Forêts, Misere Luminis, is worth checking out as well.

Oh for sure, I have a nice little relationship going with Sepulchral Productions so I'm no stranger to those bands.

(Plus I reviewed Il était une forêt... here a while ago and gave it a 9.5/10.)
----
25.04.2012 - 22:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

I am very happy to see that some of our bands are making themselves a reputation outside of Quebec and outside of Canada. Not only happy, but proud.

I wish They'd come to Thunder Bay, I love Gris.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.04.2012 - 22:30
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.04.2012 at 22:20

I wish They'd come to Thunder Bay, I love Gris.

You can always contact them. They seemed like nice guys when I booked them a few years ago, and I'm sure would listen if you offered them a show.

But didn't they say that they would cease doing shows as Misere Luminis? Nonetheless, most of the bands mentionned by Troy would listen if you offered them something. ''If you book them, they will come''
26.04.2012 - 00:32
TrollandDie

Now I know the experience comes with the job but...how many bands/albums have you listened to!
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
26.04.2012 - 00:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by TrollandDie on 26.04.2012 at 00:32
Now I know the experience comes with the job but...how many bands/albums have you listened to!

Never enough, unfortunately. Probably only... what, 1500 albums or so. Always working to increase the totals though!
----
26.04.2012 - 01:18
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by SilentScream on 25.04.2012 at 22:30

You can always contact them. They seemed like nice guys when I booked them a few years ago, and I'm sure would listen if you offered them a show.

But didn't they say that they would cease doing shows as Misere Luminis? Nonetheless, most of the bands mentionned by Troy would listen if you offered them something. ''If you book them, they will come''

I'm not a booking agent

I'll email them though and see if they'd be up for it. It's a 20 hour drive from quebec here.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.04.2012 - 19:25
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Boxcar Willy on 26.04.2012 at 01:18

Written by SilentScream on 25.04.2012 at 22:30

I'm not a booking agent

I'll email them though and see if they'd be up for it. It's a 20 hour drive from quebec here.

There's no such thing as a booking agent dude It's just called someone who has the initiative to create an event, organise a show.

Anybody can do it if they set their mind and their energy to it.
27.04.2012 - 05:00
Dream Taster
The Enemy Within
Quote:

I second that, one hell of a DVD this is.
07.09.2012 - 22:19
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I havent really heard any material from Gorguts or Quo Vadis, however I really enjoy Cryptopsy's early work such as Blasphemy Made Flesh and None So Vile. I don't like The Unspoken King, but I don't think the band intended to betray their fans with a deathcore release, I believe they just wanted to try something out and see what would happen, which obviously didn't work. I heard they are going back to death metal with their new self-titled album coming soon.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
18.09.2012 - 09:27
Misfit74

Is Vengeful from Quebec? If so it would be them.
01.12.2012 - 21:36
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Misfit74 on 18.09.2012 at 09:27

Is Vengeful from Quebec? If so it would be them.

Yeah, from Montreal.
30.05.2013 - 07:42
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Cryptopsy of course
06.06.2013 - 15:38
Lit.
Account deleted
None So Vile is, to me, the only good thing Cryptopsy ever released. Gorguts is much more consistent (in a very loose sense of the word) and makes much better stuff like Considered Dead and Obscura. Quo Vadis remains on the fence for me.