Metal Storm logo
Recommend me some deathrock bands

09.02.2014 - 00:02
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Anyone knows good bands on this genre?

Deathrock is a genre which I tried to become into but couldn't for some unknown reason.
The idea of the genre is interesting, but the few bands I listened to are not, or it seems they have often some very good songs, but the other songs are not very appealing.

I'd like some trippy stuff with garage production and dissonant vocals. For instance, I like Alien Sex Fiend's production, but they aren't trippy enough, so I'd also like some depressive atmosphere like This, for instance.
Anyone knows such stuff?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.02.2014 - 02:57
Dr.Overkill26
Erm do you mean Like Goth Rock? Certainly an interesting Genre, not one which I am hugley knowledgable about. But anyway... You could try Christian Death, 45 Grave, fields of the Nephilhim, Killing Joke, well of the top of my head that"s about all that comes to mind.
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
09.02.2014 - 13:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Thanks, I already had heard those except for Fields of Nephilhim, but I'm looking for something with more of a depressive feeling among that genre.
Fields of Nephilim actually is pretty close to what I want, it has the trippy sad feels, also the typical old school production, but the vocals don't work for me lol.
Is there something similar to that but with more screamed (but not harsh) vocals, you know... Those purposely annoyingly above the mix, with feedbacks and everything?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
09.02.2014 - 21:46
mz
Is deathrock a genre? :|
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
09.02.2014 - 21:58
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mz on 09.02.2014 at 21:46

Is deathrock a genre? :|

It sure is =P
Kinda of a mix between gothic rock and punk
Wiki, Lastfm
----
- Reimu Hakurei
09.02.2014 - 22:19
mz
Written by Karlabos on 09.02.2014 at 21:58

It sure is =P
Kinda of a mix between gothic rock and punk
Wiki, Lastfm

Apparantly, acid bath's vocalist described their music as deathrock and I though it was a term used unofficially to describe those bands using death as lyrical theme in rare occasions. Will check these links you posted, thanks.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
14.02.2014 - 18:34
DyingWorld
Samhain is a must. "November Coming Fire" is a perfect place to start. It's raw and has some "trippy" moments but not quite like Fields of the Nephilim.

14.02.2014 - 23:54
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.02.2014 - 22:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I didn't know none of those bands, so thanks very much guys (:

Well... Samhain is indeed raw, but it's missing the trippy moments, imo.

Soror Dolorosa is kind of the opposite. It's like gothic rock, a nice atmosphere, but the voice is too calm. I wanted something with this instrumental but Samhain vocals and a more "underground" production =p.

And although Clan of Xymox follows more or less the same line of Soror Dolorosa, and not exactly what I ws looking for, I liked it a lot. They know how to be downy and trippy and still having non-slow paced songs. Thanks for that.
----
- Reimu Hakurei