Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Cancel Australian Tour Dates

Problems are not over for Megadeth. After the unclear situation of Newsted being booted out of the Soundwave sideshows, now the band has cancelled their Australian tour dates. Well, that was messy.

Dave Mustaine states: "Due to circumstances beyond its control, unfortunately Megadeth has to cancel their Australian dates. Megadeth's decision is unrelated to the fact that Jason Newsted is performing at Soundwave. Jason and I spoke recently and continue to be friends."

He continues: "All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn't do. I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologize and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn't. Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this? The AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don't know what has happened to my old friend. My bags are packed Aussie fans."

As for Newsted, the band is playing the sideshows with Testament now. As we know, there are always two sides to every story. What do you think?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 10.02.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 199 users
10.02.2014 - 12:17
Dedcalm
Account deleted
So Dave. Your happy to let your fans down because you haven't had an apology? Really? You say its easy to fix this. Your right, it is. Put your stupid pride to oneside for once and think of the fans. Why do you always have to get your own way? If it wasn't for the fans where would you be? Stop being a baby and do your job.
10.02.2014 - 12:23
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Yep, very poor form to cancel at the last moment when a lot of fans bought tickets to see them. And in the case of Soundwave, there is no refund, not that it's a huge deal because there are so many other good bands. But still, a lot of people are going to feel let down and ripped off. Hopefully everyone involved, especially Dave, can sort this out and just go ahead with what they previously agreed to. Not sure it will happen though.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
10.02.2014 - 12:32
Athropos
Burning inside
Or Mustaine is upset by the fact that Newsted found a way in anyway? Too bad I'm not living in Australia, because Testament + Newsted would be one hell of a show...
10.02.2014 - 12:58
Byners

Drama of the year already?
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
10.02.2014 - 13:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Loving the vitriol coming from the fans on the Facebook page. I'd be amazed if Dave has a single real friend in the world these days.
10.02.2014 - 13:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 10.02.2014 at 13:04

Loving the vitriol coming from the fans on the Facebook page. I'd be amazed if Dave has a single real friend in the world these days.

He does have a single 'real' friend in the world these days... It's his mirror image.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.02.2014 - 13:40
Darkside Momo
Retired
^

Megadave at his best. Aussie fans do have every reason to be pissed indeed
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
10.02.2014 - 14:38
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Diamond Dave fails again. That's what happens when you have a broken mind.
10.02.2014 - 16:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
With an ego this size, it's a wonder Megadave finds a way to fit his giant cock into a pair of pants every morning.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.02.2014 - 16:04
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 10.02.2014 at 13:04

"Dave, please grow back some balls and stop acting like a schoolgirl. Your last few albums have sucked and now you're more famous for being a Bible-thumping conspiracy nut asshole than a guitarist and songwriter!!"

That one basically sums it up for me
10.02.2014 - 16:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 10.02.2014 at 16:04

"Dave, please grow back some balls and stop acting like a schoolgirl. Your last few albums have sucked and now you're more famous for being a Bible-thumping conspiracy nut asshole than a guitarist and songwriter!!"

That one basically sums it up for me

I also spotted that one give that man a coconut.
10.02.2014 - 18:16
Nemo Atkins

Wow...I did say that there was more to this story than we were being told when Newsted suddenly weren't on the bill, but I wasn't expecting this!

I'll give credit to Dave for sticking to the truth, but seriously? The shows aren't happening because the promoter won't apologise to Dave for something he didn't do? Dumb reason to cancel a tour, no matter whose fault it really is!
10.02.2014 - 18:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.02.2014 at 16:00

With an ego this size, it's a wonder Megadave finds a way to fit his giant cock into a pair of pants every morning.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this type of behavior is generally indicative of Small Penis Syndrome
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.02.2014 - 18:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Auntie Sahar on 10.02.2014 at 18:16
Actually, I'm pretty sure this type of behavior is generally indicative of Small Penis Syndrome

I have a bad habit of speaking in sarcasm and I forget how rarely it translates properly online...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.02.2014 - 03:52
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Byners on 10.02.2014 at 12:58

Drama of the year already?

Lol, if he does in fact not play, I'd say so
----
pewpew.. gotcha
11.02.2014 - 06:56
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Well, the guy apologized over twitter actually. If he really doesn't play even after this, I'd advise him to never go to Australia again.
11.02.2014 - 21:35
theFIST

Well, testament sounds better anyways
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
13.02.2014 - 00:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by theFIST on 11.02.2014 at 21:35

Only on thier first 1.5 albums but for the other albums NOPE.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.02.2014 - 16:32
theFIST

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.02.2014 at 00:08

Written by theFIST on 11.02.2014 at 21:35

Only on thier first 1.5 albums but for the other albums NOPE.

as much as i enjoy their first album, the Low/Demonic/Gathering era is my favourite
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.03.2014 - 06:36
Garth Vader

Written by Guest on 10.02.2014 at 14:38

Diamond Dave fails again. That's what happens when you have a broken mind.

Last time I checked Diamond Dave was one "Lee Roth" not MegaDave.
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me

Hits total: 3896 | This month: 6