Metal Storm logo
To-Mera - Going On Hiatus

Official statement from the band:

We have much news to bear. As is often the case with 'news', some of it is good, and some of it less good. The less good news, as some of you may have gathered, is that we have put To-Mera on ice for the time being. Essentially, now is the time for each of us to focus on various other things in our lives, be they other bands and projects or just life in general, and as anyone who is or has been in a band will know, things only work properly when everyone is on the same page. Until that day...

...the GOOD news for To-Mera fans is that the core creative forces behind the band's music from the very beginning have been using this down-time to pour their energies into not just one but two brand new projects over the past 6 months or so. Project no.1 is a collaborative venture between Tom and Julie, featuring symphonic film-score soundscapes and atmospheres blended with quirky jazz-rock grooves and serene vocals. Project no. 2 was founded as a Tom 'solo project' of sorts, focussing more on the darker, more melancholic side of prog-rock and metal.

We are confident that To-Mera fans will find much to like in these forthcoming projects, and we feel it is the best way to keep the spirit of the band's music alive at this time. Much music has been written and recorded already, and will be released to the public ear in the coming months. More information on each of these projects, including names, links to bandpages etc. will appear through this channel in the near future.

We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years. The journey must continue, and we hope you will join us! Till next time.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: To-Mera
Posted: 14.02.2014 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 72 users
14.02.2014 - 19:30
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Both of the projects seem interesting, looking forward to hearing both
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.02.2014 - 20:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anothere xample when ideas about side projects kills original bands , and ppl still dont listen me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2014 - 21:17
Unhealer
Eclecticist
None of those projects sound as interesting as another To-Mera album, too bad :/
15.02.2014 - 04:11
Diverge

Ah fuck. There's this one metalhead recluse that wears a To-Mera hoodie everyday to class. I've never spoken to him before but I bet he thinks he's the only one in his classes who actually listens to quality music like To-Mera. I bet he's devastated.
15.02.2014 - 12:08
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 14.02.2014 at 20:35

Anothere xample when ideas about side projects kills original bands , and ppl still dont listen me

And still you do not understand that musicians need to experiment with other sounds, create other kind of music than their original band.
15.02.2014 - 12:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.02.2014 at 12:08

And still you do not understand that musicians need to experiment with other sounds, create other kind of music than their original band.

no it doesny Ac/Dc My Dying Bride, .... whole time same sound and GOOD sound, expements is fucked and its not ''metal'' ,
----

apos;'
[image]
15.02.2014 - 13:31
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

no it doesny Ac/Dc My Dying Bride, .... whole time same sound and GOOD sound, expements is fucked and its not ''metal'' ,

"expements"? LOL, because the word "experiment" is so hard to spell.

The only band I can forgive for having the same sound is Motorhead. Other than that, no. AC/DC hasn't realeased a great album in years. MDB has some uneven albums lately, so no.

Experiments are not metal ?! ROFLMAO for this argument.
15.02.2014 - 13:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.02.2014 at 13:31

"expements"? LOL, because the word "experiment" is so hard to spell.

The only band I can forgive for having the same sound is Motorhead. Other than that, no. AC/DC hasn't realeased a great album in years. MDB has some uneven albums lately, so no.

Experiments are not metal ?! ROFLMAO for this argument.

motorhead OMG horible sound, but still Lemmy is alive and kicking at his age .... try his life style
expermiments well mainly half metal band what is modern when starts expemerneting will go more pop more lame
example The 3th and teh mortal --- good
Kari solo - bad (not so bad but ITS not a METAL)
----

apos;'
[image]
15.02.2014 - 13:41
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:

motorhead OMG horible sound, but still Lemmy is alive and kicking at his age .... try his life style
expermiments well mainly half metal band what is modern when starts expemerneting will go more pop more lame
example The 3th and teh mortal --- good
Kari solo - bad (not so bad but ITS not a METAL)

So you don't like Motorhead but admire Lemmy's lifestyle?! wtf?!

"expermiments well mainly half metal band what is modern when starts expemerneting will go more pop more lame" - I don't understand what you are trying to say, it makes no sense.

So if musicians don't play metal anymore, they become lame? wow... facepalm

Hits total: 2080 | This month: 10