Metal Storm logo
Pod Casts

18.02.2014 - 05:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Metal and motorsport? Sounds like a thread for Boxcar.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.04.2014 - 22:45
The Hammer Of Retribution Ogg-Cast
12 April
With the success of the Formula One Rejects tie-in show a couple of months back, I thought I'd explore another long-term interest: Britain's favourite home computer of the 1980s, the ZX Spectrum!

The result is I've crowbarred a lot more from the Speccy's glory years into this show, so those of you who like your 80s metal should not be disappointed. There's plenty of what I usually do as well, though.

And there's no chance of R Tape Loading error, 0:1 either.
Photo: With the success of the Formula One Rejects tie-in show a couple of months back, I thought I'd explore another long-term interest: Britain's favourite home computer of the 1980s, the ZX Spectrum!

The result is I've crowbarred a lot more from the Speccy's glory years into this show, so those of you who like your 80s metal should not be disappointed. There's plenty of what I usually do as well, though.

And there's no chance of R Tape Loading error, 0:1 either.

http://www.thorcast.co.uk/
17.04.2014 - 18:21
jeffhayden
If you are looking for a simple one you can go to itunes and search for a show and a good dozen of the top listed ones will generate.
17.06.2014 - 00:16
June 2014 seems to be a month given over to tributes and memorials. And this latest Ogg-Cast is no different. With the tenth anniversary of the sudden death of Quorthon a few days ago, this latest episode was always going to be given over to him.

http://hammerofretribution.podomatic.com/entry/2014-06-15T03_32_31-07_00

Of the 38 tracks on the show - one for every year of Quorthon's life - he was personally responsible for 25 of them. Every Bathory album has been included, even the ones that everybody hates; not just one cover version has been included because ten will do, and there are even a few bits and pieces that you'd all thought I'd forget, but didn't. Pretty much everything else is provided by bands that took the blueprint Quorthon had set out in the early 90s and ran with it in their own way. So, if this isn't the finest tribute that there could possibly be, then I'm buggered if I know what is.

Listen to it or forever be a false.
04.07.2014 - 05:14
JayMo4
You know what I miss? The Requiem Metal Podcast. I was religiously devoted to that one before they quit making shows about a year and a half ago. I couldn't even tell you the number of great bands I was introduced to by those guys, and the discussion was a lot more intelligent than what you'll get out of a lot of the knuckleheads doing some of these shows out there.
21.03.2015 - 15:11
The Hammer Of Retribution Ogg-Cast
15 March at 16:50 ·
And here it is! Four hours (well, almost) celebrating the great cover artists of our time, with only a 25-minute break in the middle so Lennard can teach us all about neofolk.
Several of the artists could have filled the show by themselves (two of them, for instance, have produced covers for over 100 bands) but I decided to share the honours around where I could. There's more old-school death metal on this show than usual, so look out for that if that floats your boat... but there's also squiddly power metal with unicorns and rainbows and sparkles - don't say you weren't warned.
Huge hails for this show go to those whose pens, pencils, paints and pixels have contributed to making metal as visually marvellous as it is in sound. Kristian Wåhlin, Michael Whelan, Dan Seagrave, Ed Repka, Frank Kozik, Tom Thiel, Matt Vickerstaff, Derek Riggs and Kris Verwimp, you've all earned yourselves a pint.
http://hammerofretribution.podomatic.com/?/2015-03-15T08_36?
hammerofretribution.podomatic.com
HAMMEROFRETRIBUTION.PODOMATIC.COM

Get downloading !!!