Metal Storm logo
Queen

17.01.2007 - 14:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
Is this for real? No topic about Queen!? I remember that there was one in the old forum.
I've grown up with Queen, my mom always play the same tape (featuring some of their best songs) with them in the car. They are really talented and Freddy Mercury was without doubt one of the most talented vocalists ever!
Please share your opinions and feelings about this band!
----
17.01.2007 - 14:37
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh - i have had 'start Queen topic again' in my 'to do list' for a long time.. ive just not got around to it. hahaha
i love Queen, lots of people probably know that..
i recently purchased all of their albums from a shop so i have them all for real now - it cost a bit but its good to have the real things

Queen are one of the best bands ever, that is undoubtable. they have also infulenced many metal bands - Helloween and Blind Guardian and even Metallica have covered their songs.
they always produced good music as well whether it was heavy metal style songs like 'Stone Cold Crazy' or 'Dead On Time' or ballads and pop like songs

also - this is big news..
there is going to be a new Queen album!!! thats right, brand new material.. Paul Rodgers from Free is taking over vocal duties like he did on their last tour
i hope this is going to be a good album!
18.01.2007 - 14:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
I haven't heard Paul Rodgers perform a Queen song? How is he? Is he even close to be as great as Mercury performing the songs?
----
18.01.2007 - 14:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
well ive not heard a lot - just clips and stuff..
his is a good vocalist its just i wonder if he really fits into Queen - he sounds different to Freddie (obviously. haha) so its kinda weird hearing this other person sing these Queen songs live
i trust the new album will be good though..
18.01.2007 - 18:25
wrathchild
Staff
I've heard a few songs with Rodgers, and well, it's kinda disappointing as he's not as good as George Michael was when he sung Somebody To Love. He doesn't sing as high as Freddie so the old songs sound pretty different.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
18.01.2007 - 19:39
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like this band, but I haven't heard much about them, I have the greatest hits, 17 songs, that's all
This band is great indeed, and Freddy Mercury was a great singer, one of the things I like the most of this band is the variety they have
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
19.01.2007 - 01:23
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by The Alchemist on 18.01.2007 at 19:39

I like this band, but I haven't heard much about them, I have the greatest hits, 17 songs, that's all
This band is great indeed, and Freddy Mercury was a great singer, one of the things I like the most of this band is the variety they have

Queen has two important compilations: Greatest Hits I - which deals with songs from 1973-1980 and Greatest hits II - 1981-1991. nevertheless, IMHO all Queen albums from the debut album to The Game - 1980 are excellent and "must have" to any rock collection . At least Queen II - 1974 and A night at the Opera - 1975.
19.01.2007 - 21:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
A Night at the Opera! Just an awesome live album, bought it to my mom on her birthday maybe a year ago.
----
20.01.2007 - 00:28
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Warman on 19.01.2007 at 21:55

A Night at the Opera! Just an awesome live album, bought it to my mom on her birthday maybe a year ago.

A live album? Are you sure? That's one of Queen's best known studio albums, with Bohemian Rhapsody!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.01.2007 - 02:49
tulkas
el parcero
I'm not really into Queen, but I do consider it a very good band and they were quite influencial to music. Ithink they were ver taltented, specially F. Mercury. IMO he's one of the best vocalist there's ever been.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.01.2007 - 09:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by wrathchild on 20.01.2007 at 00:28

Written by Warman on 19.01.2007 at 21:55

A live album? Are you sure? That's one of Queen's best known studio albums, with Bohemian Rhapsody!

Oh, I'm sorry, should have explained that ... the A Night at the Opera which I bought was a special edition where they performed all those songs live.
----
20.01.2007 - 20:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Would be cool if Queen were featured here on MS, but don't worry moderators, I won't disturb you about that, that's all up to you guys. :
----
22.01.2007 - 21:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I can't wait for the new Queen album...and the Queen movie featuring Johnny Depp as Freddy Mercury...
23.01.2007 - 17:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Really! A Queen movie? That's great news, what will it be about?
----
24.01.2007 - 08:38
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Warman: The life is Freddy Mercury, of course...and Queen
27.01.2007 - 14:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
I just adore this band, they were so orginal and genious, I listen to this band almost every two/three days. But all this staff about reuniting is something I don't like. I think that Queen story is told and thah they shoud enjoy everything they done but they shouldn't do anything more cause it could ruin memories of the biggest Rock band ever.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.01.2007 - 15:55
borninblood
Account deleted
Great band, and one of the reasons I got into more rocky music all those years ago!
01.02.2007 - 14:11
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Written by Guest on 24.01.2007 at 08:38

@Warman: The life is Freddy Mercury, of course...and Queen

Bryan May wrote, "The truth is ... Discussions are at an early stage .... I don't know where this story came from...
Chech out the link:
http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=1128
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
02.02.2007 - 16:59
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
i love Queen and the song Boheman rhapsody is awsome!
06.02.2007 - 09:44
AlexCromlech
Account deleted
Queen are top. I love them.

I know this might be kind of offensive to some people so I apologize in adavance, but if I was Freddy Mercury I honestly wouldn't care that I had Aids becuase I would be able to sing like THAT!

He has an amazing voice.
10.02.2007 - 20:28
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.02.2007 at 09:44

Queen are top. I love them.

I know this might be kind of offensive to some people so I apologize in adavance, but if I was Freddy Mercury I honestly wouldn't care that I had Aids becuase I would be able to sing like THAT!

Pretty superficial thinking. I have to disagree with you; on the contrary, i can only admire Freddie for keeping his life as private and safe as possible from the media and the world.
10.02.2007 - 21:26
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I really love queen. Freddy mercury's voice gives me chills, and I think that brian may is one of the most underated guitarists of his time.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.02.2007 - 00:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@AlexCromlech: I think I understand what you're getting at...if you have a disease that is as controversial as AIDS, you personally wouldn't be as self conscious about it given the idea that you have a talent as special as Freddies...
23.02.2007 - 21:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm glad Queen existed and made music. Freddy had one of the best voices ive ever heard. They made the real "kind of magic" happen.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.02.2007 - 23:37
darksun
Freddy is a master in singing who has ever been created by god.Queen was the first foreign band that made me into the rock when i was a child
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
06.04.2007 - 23:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Just got my hands on "made in heaven" and its a very emotional album for me. of course the last one with freddie but the songs on there, how talented they proved to be again. Just the whole irony "made in heaven" gives me the creeps. As passionate as ever the band delivered brilliantly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.04.2007 - 16:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Arian Totalis on 10.02.2007 at 21:26

I really love queen. Freddy mercury's voice gives me chills, and I think that brian may is one of the most underated guitarists of his time.

Yeah man, I agree. He is better guitarist than most of these rock stars and shits...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
09.04.2007 - 21:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by APOHAKC on 09.04.2007 at 16:54

Written by Arian Totalis on 10.02.2007 at 21:26

Yeah man, I agree. He is better guitarist than most of these rock stars and shits...

yeah I also think it's sad he didn't get to use his talent as much as other guitarists, as queen did tend to focus alot on obscure things such as showtunes.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.04.2007 - 22:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Show tunes are obscure?
14.04.2007 - 17:38
Illusionist
Account deleted
Compared to rock they are.

Queen were awesome, I haven't heard any of the Paul Rodgers stuff. They were the first heavy band I got into (I still have a Queen poster on the back of my door)