Metal Storm logo
Queen

Original post

Posted by Warman, 17.01.2007 - 14:28
Is this for real? No topic about Queen!? I remember that there was one in the old forum.
I've grown up with Queen, my mom always play the same tape (featuring some of their best songs) with them in the car. They are really talented and Freddy Mercury was without doubt one of the most talented vocalists ever!
Please share your opinions and feelings about this band!
27.04.2007 - 05:19
Bitch Boy

I used to enjoy this band a lot in the past, it was because of my father that I began to listen to them. "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We're the champions" and "We will rock you" are my favorite songs
27.04.2007 - 19:28
darksun

Queen is an unforgettable band.Freddie is the most painful loss of rock world IMO.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
27.04.2007 - 22:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by darksun on 27.04.2007 at 19:28

Queen is an unforgettable band.Freddie is the most painful loss of rock world IMO.

I do agree with you. When he died i had no idea, i was to young to realise his influence.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.06.2007 - 17:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't know how much I would give to see Queen live with Freddy Mercury.
----
08.06.2007 - 21:25
Baz Anderson

indeed I was just a wee chap when he died as well - but I still fondly think back to the memories of sitting there as such a tiny, young thing watching my mum's Queen tape..
I can't tell you how much I love the song "Breakthru" - that was my favourite back then as well.. I loved the video

I haven't listened to any Queen in quite a while.. I will have to do that later!!
12.06.2007 - 12:19
BrightNight

Queen was the band who brought me in the rock scene, from there on i listened more bands.

Queen really is the best rock band that ever excisted on this planet. Freddy is definately one of the best singers of all time and Brian May a real guitar god.

It still pains me that he died. I can remember the day. Young as i was it really upset me. Its a great loss, not only for rock music but for music in general. Their influence still can be heard in bands around the world, not only in rock but in Metal to.

"Made In Heaven" has a special place in my heard. Its the most emotinal album for me.

Their music will always live on, till the end of time.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
15.06.2007 - 01:50
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
when i was a 4 years old my father recorded me a lot of Queen video clups from VH1 and i was watching them everytime , today they are my favourite band ever .
Freddie Mercury is a idol , RIP .
----
15.06.2007 - 04:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
On the upside of Freddie dying it made a really cool tribute concert, Axl Rose & Elton John doing Bohemian Rhapsody is amazing.

BTW-Am I the only one that find it ironic how jocks love Queen anthems like 'We Will Rock You' or 'We Are The Champions' but Mr.Mercury was gay?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.06.2007 - 22:40
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Bitch Boy on 27.04.2007 at 05:19

I used to enjoy this band a lot in the past, it was because of my father that I began to listen to them. "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We're the champions" and "We will rock you" are my favorite songs

That's similar to me, I discovered the band because of my mother, and the songs you posted are also among my favorites
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
21.06.2007 - 11:27
ROCKMASTER
Account deleted
There are certain icons that are untouchable and QUEEN is one of them ....
They are the reason I got into early rock .....
Queen lives on ... they have left a legacy that outlives generations
24.06.2007 - 21:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I actually bought the live in wembley dvd recently and it was the best thing I did. Indeed a night to remember.
----

My Instagram
24.06.2007 - 22:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
We Are The Champions, Heaven For Everyone...songs like these will never hear up...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.06.2007 - 14:13
BrightNight

Written by BloodTears on 24.06.2007 at 21:24

I actually bought the live in wembley dvd recently and it was the best thing I did. Indeed a night to remember.

I also have this dvd...its one of the best concerts ever made. Freddy's performance is unbelievably strong.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
29.06.2007 - 16:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by BrightNight on 29.06.2007 at 14:13

I also have this dvd...its one of the best concerts ever made. Freddy's performance is unbelievably strong.

I totally agree with you. And the crowd is just insane. A true classic.
----

My Instagram
29.06.2007 - 17:39
darksun

I think we can say queen had an important role for rock of 80s.Their music was developed and members were really talented.Queen helped rock music to get better and better during the time heavy and thrash metal became more and more influential on rock listeners.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
29.06.2007 - 22:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by BloodTears on 29.06.2007 at 16:22

Written by BrightNight on 29.06.2007 at 14:13

I totally agree with you. And the crowd is just insane. A true classic.

Yeah, I agree too... it's an amazing DVD! Gave it to my mom on her birthday a long time ago!
----
15.07.2007 - 19:08
Cah

Queen the best ever...:D
I learn to like ...because my mother ...she had discografy...
I'm glad Queen existed and made music. Freddy had one of the best voices....
Brian May and yours guitars...

best band ...forever and ever
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
27.08.2007 - 22:49
tunepeg35
Account deleted
Queen has been so good to us. Did you guys here about this new collectible like CD called "The A-Z of Queen, Vol 1." I found it when I was searching for Queen stuff when I was working at umgd. I think it's a pretty good sum up of all the good stuff that Queen did. Maybe we can play this CD forever and ever. Here's the track listings. I think it's good. Do you guys like it. Bohemian Rhapsody is on it. My favorite.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6014573
28.08.2007 - 17:39
Baz Anderson

eleven tracks? that no way coveres all the best things Queen did
the only way you can appreciate Queen fully is to buy all the albums and listen to them in full..
they are good!! (apart from the odd one or two that aren't so fantastic)
29.08.2007 - 05:41
selken
Irreligious
Even after listening to Carcass, In Flames, Behemoth and so..., I still enjoy a lot "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Princes Of The Universe" and other songs, this are the ONLY band that both me and my parents like a lot...
----
13.09.2007 - 22:01
?Master?
Account deleted
fukin legendary!
love em!
at first wasnt really into em but then as i started listening more and more i realized fuk they kikass!
14.09.2007 - 16:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2007 at 04:17

BTW-Am I the only one that find it ironic how jocks love Queen anthems like 'We Will Rock You' or 'We Are The Champions' but Mr.Mercury was gay?

well it's not that, it's that most people are prejudiced against gays, but everyone loves Freddy Mercury.

god i love mustafa ibrahim, it's so catchy and slightly funny how he immitates the arabic accent
14.09.2007 - 20:04
catzz

Wow, this band will always be in my heart since i was a little girl. I just love to listen Queen in my car when i'm on the long journey. Every single time they rock my world. This is the band i'm never get tired of.
----
Butler: Your eggs are cut sir.
Stewie: Cut my milk!
Butler: I can't sir, it's liquid.
Stewie: Imbecile! Freeze it, then cut it, and if you question me again I'll put you on diaper detail and I promise I won't make it easy for you.
15.09.2007 - 02:18
Alex Smith

"Who Wants To Live Forever" - the best song for all the times. Queen will be always in our hearts.
22.09.2007 - 22:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
"is this the world we created" is such a beautiful song....
----

My Instagram
30.09.2007 - 19:18
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Written by Guest on 19.01.2007 at 01:23

Queen has two important compilations: Greatest Hits I - which deals with songs from 1973-1980 and Greatest hits II - 1981-1991. nevertheless, IMHO all Queen albums from the debut album to The Game - 1980 are excellent and "must have" to any rock collection . At least Queen II - 1974 and A night at the Opera - 1975.

Yea I agree, i think those two are my favs though Queen is also a very strong album, but not so coherent, i mean, songs doesnt flow with each others but it contains very good songs... incredible that there is only 1 song fron this 2 first albums on their greatest hits.

But i think A day at the races & and News are of the world are a bit weak albums, maybe it's a coincidence that this are the two less eclectic, simplier albums from those yaers, for example We will rock you (despite the lyrics) is a good example of a very good idea for a simple yet magnific song, but then it have some dissapointing tunes, and ADATR is kind of simpler contiuation of ANATO.

Though I haven't check their 80s+ albums very well i don't like that turn they made influence by new wave, because they also lost part of their eclecticism with it. not that changes are bad, not all changes are always good either.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
10.10.2007 - 21:29
skaterlover2008
Account deleted
We are doing a tribute to Queen for choir.
It's pretty fun.
17.10.2007 - 19:08
Lord TJ

I remember my uncle from Spain used to have Queens greatest hits I, II, III. He put them all on a CD for me, then when I returned to the States the CD didn't work.

Written by Guest on 10.10.2007 at 21:29

We are doing a tribute to Queen for choir.
It's pretty fun.

Was that song "Hair" part of it too? Anyways too bad that couldn't of gone better for you.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
19.10.2007 - 02:45
TDFX

Phenomenal band. I do believe that "Queen II" is the best album of that era. Needless to say F. Mercury was a musical genius to have created so many good songs.
----
Last.fm
02.11.2007 - 23:41
Sonsofsabbath

Awesome band, cant really classify them. Check out live at Wembly 1986 dvd, just too see how talented they were. I am torn about Paul Rodgers now singing, Freddie stands alone, nobody can fill his shoes, they should have just left it, like zepplin did after john pauls death.

I am partial to there older recordings. They have some funky songs, that are manageable because of the guitar riffing eg. dragon attack, another one bites the dust. and some full throttle rockers like headlong. I dont think north america was ready for there brand of rock, europe sure was .