Metal Storm logo
Motorsports

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 17.01.2007 - 15:34
well im sure we have some motorosports fans here at forum,
there so manny moto sport i like, fav is F1 offcours and Ferarri with Kimi now,
also i like World Rally Chamnpionship
im big fun os finnish drivers, in WRC is Gronholm, F1 is Kimi, Dakar Harry Vatanen who out

so waht do u think about motorosports and stuff
do we even need this topic
18.11.2010 - 23:13
Malphas

It's been a great and entertaining championship, i mean...4 drivers could still become world champion in the last race, it was probably the most exciting season ever, even though red bull had a clearly dominant car throughout the whole season, they also had a lot of technical problems with the car...a shame that McLaren didn't manage to get the drivers nor the constructors title (I'm a Lewis fan) with a once again totally innovative car, the F-duct, more luck next year....all that's left to say is, congratulations to Sebastian, he really deserved it, like The Shape said, he made a lot of mistakes but he was just the fastest.
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
20.11.2010 - 00:49
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol guys, Ferrari's men fucked it up, glad for Vettel though, I like the dude very much, he deserved it imo.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.02.2011 - 20:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Whoa...the new Renault car looks awesome

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.02.2011 - 09:57
Beer Fairy

I like F1 and motoGP . Last season my favourite was Button, again, (although Schumacher is back), but he couldn't make it
About motoGP ... well I like Rossi. But Lorenzo showed everyone that he is ready to fight and win. I can't wait for the new season. It's gonna be very interesting
03.02.2011 - 11:06
Vikcen
Metálico
Yeah, really awesome the new 'R31' that retrieves the retro aesthetic of the 70's and 80's of the Lotus brand. I love it.
03.02.2011 - 13:35
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Irritable Ted on 03.02.2011 at 12:51

Written by Vikcen on 03.02.2011 at 11:06

Yeah, really awesome the new 'R31' that retrieves the retro aesthetic of the 70's and 80's of the Lotus brand. I love it.

Apparently the exhaust pipes come out just by the number 9 at the front of the sidepods. Not sure how that works. McLaren have done the same thing on their new car as well.

Seems to suck the air passing under the nose, and create front aerodynamics support, and this way increase the speed of the air going towards the diffuser.
03.02.2011 - 19:28
Malphas

We're gonna see the new McLaren car tomorrow 11AM UK time, all that's been announced so far is that (like always) the McLaren is once again totally diferent from the other cars, with all teams (including ferrari, mercedes and red bull) building just an advanced version of last year's car, while Martin Witmarsh stated in december that their new car is totally different even in the looks with once again some inovative systems (obtained by once again finding some holes in the rules), and yesterday Lewis said "Our car looks different to others and I hope it reflects on its performance. Ferrari and Red Bull look more like an evolution of last year's car."

The reason that McLaren went to the first tests in Valencia with the old car is that they didn't wanna start testing with the new car + new tires right away. This way they've tested just the tires so the results of the next tests on February 10th will be 100% clear (because Bridgestone left the F1 and this year Pirelli will be bringing the tires, so no1 knows how much grip those new tires exactly have, how the car behaves, how the handling will be, how fast they wear off etc etc etc and all of those datas would be unknown variables if they tested with their new car right away, this way they got all the data they need about the tires so they can concentrate 100% on testing the car in future).

So all we can do now is follow the remaining tests (like i already said the next one is on February 10th) and of course the start of the season on the 13th March (the weekend, with the first practice on Friday starting on 11th March).
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
04.02.2011 - 22:47
Malphas

As i saw the MP4-26 this morning i was stunned, staring at it with an open mouth and a confused look on my face, asking myself...is that the F1 car of the future or the new batmobile?, never seen anything like it before, looks awesome, hope it delives exactly such a performance...

and also a uniques service, that has never been there before, a 3d model of the car, here you can study it exactly http://mclaren.com/2011revealed/

quotes from the interview :

"Be warned - you haven't seen it all," said Whitmarsh. "I think there are some really interesting bits on the car you can't see, bits and pieces that we have hidden from you and our competitors".
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
07.02.2011 - 12:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The season is over for him...does anybody know which other drivers can Renault put on the start list?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.02.2011 - 18:09
Malphas

They are currently interested in Nick Heidfeld

all the best wishes to Robert, hope his hand regains 100% functionallity
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
21.02.2011 - 20:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
F1 in Bahrein is canceled due political situation....quasten wherre is garantie such mess in Midle East wont hepen in 2022? Also if Isreal qualifies, I dunno if this race are canceled for real or be replaced and raced leither in november, thay still not decidet
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.02.2011 - 21:07
Malphas

The november schadule is full so if they delay the race it's gonna be driven in december lol
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
21.02.2011 - 23:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Malphas on 21.02.2011 at 21:07

The november schadule is full so if they delay the race it's gonna be driven in december lol

or mingt not been race at all even I doubt it ever hepen, because - one race can be lost of points
----

apos;'
[image]
23.02.2011 - 17:27
Malphas

Ok now it's official the 2011 Bahrain race won't be delayed, it's been canceled

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/2/11768.html

which means the season will now start on 27th March (weekend, with the first Friday free practice sessions on 25th) in Australia
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
21.03.2011 - 17:19
Malphas

Only 4 days till the 1st free practice in Albert Park

even though the new MP4-26 is revolutionary (like every McLaren car xD) they neither had the pace nor the reliability of the ferarri and red bull :S but Martin Whitmarsh is still optimistic and prommises a surprise for the race...let's hope he's right, cuz, 2009 we had by far the best KERS system (in Hungary Lewis was the first KERS powered car to win a race in history) and that's a little advantage too cuz telling who's where on the grid according to the tests has always been hard but never as hard as this year because of different fuel programms, never knowing who is testing the KERS and who isn't and as u said, the new adjustable rear wings (yes they bring a LOT of new perspectives into the sport...driving is no longer like it was 20 years ago, break before the corner turn in and then hit the gas...now the drivers are adjusting their front wing to a low position on every strait, a high position when closing in on corners and they are breaking into the corners (not before them) with a (depending on the track and car and weather and a few more factors but the setups generally look similar) 70:30 weight balance, so there is more weight on the front axis so they can break into the corners-when u see the qualifying/race just look at how late they brake for the corners, and turn in while on the brake, and hopefully without the front wheels blocking (that depends mostly on the setup and the car but also on the driver) and they brake up to the middle of the corner) what i'm trying to say is that not only the building of the car is a science but in the last few years the driving has become a science for itself too so the drivers have a shitload of work to do every lap, with adjusting the motor maping, adjusting the front wing, the new way of breaking into corners, and now even adjusting the rear wing...staying focused and doing all of that (and finding the right breaking point for every corner and not making any mistake, not pressing any wrong button on the steering wheel while forces of up to 5G are working on your body, especially your neck, you dehidrate-lose 2-4 kilograms of mass (in form of water) every race ain't easy anyway) especially when it's raining, so we're gonna see more mistakes this year, more stops (3 maybe 4) because the new pirelli tyers aren't durable at all, so looking after the tyers and having a car that goes easy on the tyers and finding setups that don't use the tyers up quickly will be vital (probably the most important thing in 2011) and that is where Jenson Button has a huge advantage over every other driver...so one thing is for sure, it's definitely gonna be exciting

but if McLaren are really lagging behind, i'd much rather like to see Vettel as a champion again or perhaps Rosberg in the Mercedes, but not that dirty, filthy Alonso
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
21.03.2011 - 17:46
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Are there any VW fans?
21.03.2011 - 19:54
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 21.03.2011 at 19:45

Written by Guest on 21.03.2011 at 17:46

Are there any VW fans?

I drive a Volkswagen Golf. Does that count?

Yes sir.
Just wondering if anyone were dub fans. Been running track for a good 7 years now.
27.03.2011 - 12:17
Malphas

Ok so...guess i'll be the first to comment on the race

first of all congrats to Sebastian once again, he was just the best today, the dominance of the red bull is alarming, what we feared through the winter has come true, their pace is unbelievable...i mean...they didn't use KERS at all, not even at the start, on the other hand there is a little bit of hope as McLaren proved they are the only team able to chase and pursue the red bulls. Congrats to Vitaly Petrov too, the first Russian driver on the podium in history. Kubica will be very angry seeing what's possible with the car and he has to spend the next few months in the hospital...

and about the penalty for Jenson, it was just ridiculous...the idiots of ferrari as we all know em, using cheap and sneaky tricks (these guys have long forgotten that this is a sport and it's supposed to be fair)i mean please pushing Button out, and as he wanted to let Massa pass him back ,he lets alonso pass so Button can't correct the order and they get Massa in the pits in the same lap...coincidence? i would say yes if it was any other team than ferrari, but knowing their history...i can just facepalm once again...those bastards desperately need a few lessons about sportsmanship
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
27.03.2011 - 19:22
Malphas

Yeah, they appealed against it,the final decision is to be made in front of the court in a few weeks
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
29.03.2011 - 17:24
Malphas

Are you fucking shiting me!? hahaha didn't watch the first one but i'm definitely gonna watch this one...i'm wondering though when will Lewis find the time to make movies (ok voice acting but it's still a lot of work) in the middle of the season, especially when he said that the reason that he didn't win the title last year was that the couldn't take a clean line between his private life and the f1...
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
01.04.2011 - 20:53
MetalSpider

Written by Guest on 16.02.2011 at 17:24

New speed record on ice with a car. 205.48 mph (330.695 km/h). More info can be found from YouTube.

I thought this record was beaten not too long ago by an Audi. I could be wrong though, but I remember reading it somewhere. The driver hit 206mph (331 km/h). I'll try and find it.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
01.04.2011 - 23:51
MetalSpider

Written by Guest on 01.04.2011 at 21:03

Written by MetalSpider on 01.04.2011 at 20:53

Written by Guest on 16.02.2011 at 17:24

I thought this record was beaten not too long ago by an Audi. I could be wrong though, but I remember reading it somewhere. The driver hit 206mph (331 km/h). I'll try and find it.

Yes, I remember it happening. It just had so boring video of it that I decided not to mention it at all

Ah I see lol!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
02.04.2011 - 00:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
One more death in sport arenas Peter Koij died in ice speedway race this week in Sweden , he was 48
He crushed in defenses and docs can not save him

R:I.P,
----

apos;'
[image]
11.04.2011 - 17:09
Malphas

Why a 20 second+ penalty for changing the path more than once!? it's a "gentleman's agreement" not in the rule book that u can't change the direction more than once when defending...
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
17.04.2011 - 12:54
Malphas

Amazing race a LOT of overtaking, a lot of strategy changes, a big mess, haven't seen such a great race in quite some time, even better that Lewis won especially since the screwed up end of the first stint, but he did an outstanding job in the 4th stint....just think that Lewis left the pit for the track in the last 10 seconds of the countdown before the race because of the problems of the qualifying with the flooded engine...unbelievable,if it took the mechanics a few more seconds to fix the car he wouldn't have been allowed to start the race at all :S but i gotta say the man of the race is Mark Webber (i hate to admit it ) from 18 to 3...amazing, what a race. We got a 3 week break till the race in Istanbul now, let's just hope McLaren can continue to close the gap to Red Bull
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
06.05.2011 - 16:18
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Only few days till Turkish GP ^^ Can't wait. Last few seasons had been really great!
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
30.05.2011 - 18:47
Malphas

Hahaha i couldn't believe it when he said "maybe it's because i'm black" yesterday...but it would be such a shame if he would leave McLaren, one of the best drivers out there, one of the best in the team's and even the sport's history. Red Bull has already indicated that they want Lewis for Webber, and the bad thing is..he didn't have a close relationship to McLaren, he had a close relationship with Ron Dennis who helped him along the way since Lewis was 7...but since Ron is gone things changed, but on the other hand last year Lewis stated that if he leaves McLaren, he'll stop driving F1, he won't go to another team...it's really a shame he's starting to lose it, of course he wants to win but with the situation as it is, that's impossible, Red Bull is unbeatable, but we should be happy that McLaren is at least clearly the second team behind red bull....but it's still frustrating for the drivers especially Lewis because he knows that he CAN win races and titles, and he wants to (a week ago he said that he's not happy about having only 1 championship to his name, because a lot of people managed to win the championship once, they come and go, he wants to win the title 2 or 3 times) but like i said before, with the current situation that's impossible, so it's a very frustrating situation for him and it's totally understandable that he's a bit nervous right now...but what will happen at the end of the season, if he stays in McLaren...we can only wait and see..and hope that he stays
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
31.05.2011 - 01:35
Malphas

You are absolutely right about Adrian Newey, a real genius...the reason he left McLaren back in 2005 was that "he achieved everything with McLaren and is now looking for a new challenge" (red bull was a new team back then, formed of the remains of the Jaguar team, which was driving around 15th place) and now look where he got them :S

the main reason why Button has "caught up" is that the tires are important as never before (having huge differences in the lap times - losing up to a few tenths per lap, for every lap the tires have been on the car)...and Button is the one who is somehow managing to keep em fresh for the longest time of all the drivers

and about Vettel...in 2006 when he drove a few free practices on friday for BMW, i said this lad will be champion someday...turns out i didn't have to wait long to find out if i would be right, but in the last couple of years he was making a lot of mistakes, but since he took the championship it's like he's relieved, the pressure is gone and now he's just driving...and winning every race on the way...don't get me wrong i'm not saying he's not good, but a big part of his success is the performance of the car...just like Lewis said before the Monaco grand prix "If i had the car as Sebastian, we would see some very exciting races"
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10.06.2011 - 15:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Bahrein GP is caceled .... maybe FIFA shood see it to
I lil feel sad I havnt seen any speedway Elitserien race + speedway GP this year, damn I have no time ;(
----

apos;'
[image]
11.06.2011 - 19:28
Malphas

I lol'd so hard, that marshall was epic!
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle