Metal Storm logo
Sabaton - New Album Tracklist Revealed

Sabaton are ready to unleash their new opus, Heroes, on May 16th via Nuclear Blast Records. After revealing the standard edition and the digipak/earbook edition artworks, now it's the time for the album's tracklist.

Besides the stand version jewelcase CD, there will be vinyl (different colors), a limited edition digipak (two bonus tracks), limited earbook (including five bonus tracks) and the digital download (including one bonus track).

It reads as follows:

01. Night Witches
02. No Bullets Fly
03. Smoking Snakes
04. Inmate 4859
05. To Hell And Back
06. The Ballad of Bull
07. Resist And Bite
08. Soldier of 3 Armies
09. Far From The Fame
10. Hearts Of Iron

Jewelcase and Vinyl

Digipak and Earbook

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sabaton
Posted: 21.02.2014 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 132 users
21.02.2014 - 23:38
Akula

Night witches, for sure is dedicated to the heroic girls who fought in Stalingrad.
22.02.2014 - 02:59
FeskarN

"Far From The Fame" is worth a place on the album really good song
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
23.02.2014 - 10:37
Peuranpuolikas

"The Soldier of 3 Armies" is most likely about Lauri Törni also know as Larry Thorne. Short history lesson: he fought first in the Finnish army during WWII, then moved into German army and by the end of the WWII he had moved to USA where he - naturally - joined the army... and fought and died in the Vietnam War.
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
24.02.2014 - 00:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
About the covers - one with weird US guy and long-neck Nazi, another suspiciously resembling Manowar...not good job here
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.02.2014 - 23:41
Akula

Written by deadone on 24.02.2014 at 01:53

Written by Akula on 21.02.2014 at 23:38

Night witches, for sure is dedicated to the heroic girls who fought in Stalingrad.

No.

Night Witches refers to Soviet Air Force night bomber squadrons that were crewed by women.

By "night bomber" I actually mean 2 seat Po-2 biplane trainers equipped with a few small bombs.

US/Allied forces also had problems with these things in Korea. Too hard to locate a fabric covered small target and then slow down enough to shoot it down without stalling.

Only time the USAF managed to bag one of these with a jet fighter, the recoil of the guns stalled the jet and it crashed.

[pic]
The fabric covered biplane is in fact one of North Korea's most potent weapons - hard to detect and hard to shoot down. Hence they still have a few hundred of these:

[pic]
Bare in mind the last of those An-2/Y-5 biplanes was only produced in 2002!

-----

Lauri Torni (aka Larry Thorne) is an absolute legends.

His character was the basis for John Wayne's character in Green Berret.

They should make a modern movie about Lauri Torni and include his time fighting the Soviets both in the Finnish army as well as the SS.

As for Sabaton, too gutless for my liking.

I was refering to that, man the soviet girls who fought in the "night witches" squadron (named by the germans). I know they fought all over the eastern front, but it was on Stalingrad where they become famous I think.
Anyway BRAVE WOMEN!, they deserve the ultimate tribute for sure!
03.03.2014 - 20:43
Akula

Yeah indeed. I have read a lot of stories about those amazing girls, and not just the night witches, but about pilots, tankists, soldiers, snipers, etc. Really brave the russian people.

Hits total: 3073 | This month: 4