‹‹ Back to the General music forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 66  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Kirg on 23.02.2014 at 17:16
I would like to know what's the reason that drives you to buy music CDs, especially those released by relatively fresh new bands. Consider that it's available cheaply, let's say 3 usd.
Is it because you have heard some kickass song on youtube? Or have you been to that band's concert and enjoyed some amazing moshpit?
I'd like to know whether you would buy CD because you have heard an entire album rather than not being able to find and download two or three songs on the internet(hypotheticaly, I know they'll find their way eventually).

Story behind this question is that we had a discussion within a band whether we should release all songs from new album on the band's web, with our most promising songs on the top of the list. Or whether we should make only few songs available and leave the "top" songs for CDs and concerts only, because nobody would buy it if it's freely downloadable.

I'm fine with whatever way people get their favourite music. It's truth that matters

Page 2 of 2

BoxCar Willy
John Doe

14.04.2014 at 04:49
Written by deadone on 14.04.2014 at 01:53

And if the labels go bust, bands are screwed. They will have to self finance tours, promotion etc.

Many bands do this already.
----
Pop punk crusader
deadone
Mainstream Whore

14.04.2014 at 05:09
Written by BoxCar Willy on 14.04.2014 at 04:49

Written by deadone on 14.04.2014 at 01:53

And if the labels go bust, bands are screwed. They will have to self finance tours, promotion etc.

Many bands do this already.

And they incur thousands of dollars worth of debt to do so.

They also might not be able to get good spots on big festivals or even on tours as supporting acts. Very often it's the power of the bands label and management that facilitates this.
Dr.Overkill26

27.05.2014 at 01:04
Simple Really, I like to support the artist, And prefer to have a Physical copy of the album with artwork, Lyrics, Pictures etc
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
Infernal Eternal

18.07.2014 at 16:54
By buying Cds, I support the artists I like, so thay they continue playing the music I like. Plus, I enjoy listening to music on my stereo,
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.