Metal Storm logo
You got guns?

Original post

Posted by Darth Revan, 24.02.2014 - 07:19
Any users here also own firearms (Or "Packing Heat", as the young'uns say)? What legal process, if any, did you have to go to to procure them? Personally I live in North Carolina and just relocated from Israel, so I was actually shocked to see how easy it was to get a shotgun. All I really had to do was look one up on armslist and buy it from the guy, nothing more necessary. I got a Mossberg Maverick Model 88 now, sadly I think it's a bit too large for me (I'm 5'6 at best and the gun is 4 feet long...), but it was cheap and easy to get, could probably recoup the money and buy something smaller.
28.02.2014 - 19:59
Mercyful_Kate

I don't own a gun, never have and probably never will. I don't believe that there is any reason to own a weapon unless you're in law enforcement or you're a hunter. Concealed carry definitely creates more problems than it solves, and gun violence is a huge problem in US cities. Unfortunately, this will probably never change.
01.03.2014 - 01:32
Darth Revan

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 28.02.2014 at 19:59

I don't own a gun, never have and probably never will. I don't believe that there is any reason to own a weapon unless you're in law enforcement or you're a hunter. Concealed carry definitely creates more problems than it solves, and gun violence is a huge problem in US cities. Unfortunately, this will probably never change.

Organized criminals, and even low profile criminals are always likely to be armed with firearms, simply because they don't care about the legality of them. Sure, low profile crooks in the UK have a harder time of getting guns, but after the gun ban went into effect, all that happened was an increase in knife crimes. People are going to find ways of killing each other, whether it be with a firearm or a knife. The best thing you can do, since anyone with malicious intent is more than likely to have a firearm, is get one of your own.
01.03.2014 - 01:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Darth Revan on 01.03.2014 at 01:32

Organized criminals, and even low profile criminals are always likely to be armed with firearms, simply because they don't care about the legality of them. Sure, low profile crooks in the UK have a harder time of getting guns, but after the gun ban went into effect, all that happened was an increase in knife crimes. People are going to find ways of killing each other, whether it be with a firearm or a knife. The best thing you can do, since anyone with malicious intent is more than likely to have a firearm, is get one of your own.

modern day UK cops even start carry guns in some places, its stupid that cops dont have it
Cops need fire arms
criminals specely gangbangers and retarded illigals heroin addits wont care about moral and how bafd guns are, so ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.03.2014 - 07:59
MetalDoomMaster

The fact that gun violence is a huge problem is reason enough to carry concealed. As long as you are smart about when to draw or not draw your firearm, you can resolve more life threatening situations than you create. Self defense should not be exclusive to law enforcement.
01.03.2014 - 18:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 01.03.2014 at 07:59

The fact that gun violence is a huge problem is reason enough to carry concealed. As long as you are smart about when to draw or not draw your firearm, you can resolve more life threatening situations than you create. Self defense should not be exclusive to law enforcement.

I think to kill a men as selfe defense must be legal not walantering men slaughter and such laws must be in whole world, self defense is not a murder
----

apos;'
[image]
01.03.2014 - 19:50
Darth Revan

Written by Bad English on 01.03.2014 at 18:44

I think to kill a men as selfe defense must be legal not walantering men slaughter and such laws must be in whole world, self defense is not a murder

Self-defense isn't a felony, it's just difficult to prove in court usually. Justifying the use of deadly force is exceptionally difficult, far more so than it should be. Killing a burglar should be legal, and in North Carolina at least, if someone steals your car, you can't shoot them in the act. Because that's disproportionate force or some other bullshit.
01.03.2014 - 22:38
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Darth Revan on 01.03.2014 at 19:50

Self-defense isn't a felony, it's just difficult to prove in court usually. Justifying the use of deadly force is exceptionally difficult, far more so than it should be. Killing a burglar should be legal, and in North Carolina at least, if someone steals your car, you can't shoot them in the act. Because that's disproportionate force or some other bullshit.

It is legal in some states (Texas), but I agree it should be legal in all states if the burglary would be considered a felony, then deadly force should be permitted. It would save the Justice Department and the taxpayers a lot of time and money if felonies (especially violent felonies) permitted the use of deadly force.
24.05.2014 - 04:09
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Do I got guns? Hell yeah I do. My dad, brother and I all have guns, rifles, shotguns, pistols. My dad even has and official John Wayne lever action rifle still in the box from when his dad bought it. I also plan on getting my concealed permit when I turn 21 this year.
24.05.2014 - 20:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.05.2014 at 04:09

Do I got guns? Hell yeah I do. My dad, brother and I all have guns, rifles, shotguns, pistols. My dad even has and official John Wayne lever action rifle still in the box from when his dad bought it. I also plan on getting my concealed permit when I turn 21 this year.

good man I like guns I hope you will have a Glock, bets pistol in the world 17 + 1 bullet, no safty . if pistol has nos afty it can save the life
----

apos;'
[image]
25.05.2014 - 02:11
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.05.2014 at 20:48

Written by Guest on 24.05.2014 at 04:09

good man I like guns I hope you will have a Glock, bets pistol in the world 17 + 1 bullet, no safty . if pistol has nos afty it can save the life

Yeah they are good guns I just prefer the 1911 style more.
26.05.2014 - 02:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 26.05.2014 at 02:29

Written by Bad English on 24.05.2014 at 20:48

Glocks do have a safety - in fact they have 3. There's the integrated trigger safety (which looks like a little secondary trigger on the trigger) as well as automatic drop and firing pin safeties. All disengage when trigger is squeezed and then automatically come on. The integrated trigger safety needs to be actively disengaged by the shooter.

As for no safety can save a life, shit you're an idiot. A gun without a safety is extremely dangerous and liable to unwittinglly discharge and cause injuries or death.

It's why people would load some old "six shooter" revolvers with only 5 bullets. Having a sixth round in the cylinder could result in accidental discharge as the hammer was effectively resting on the cartridge primer and there's no reliable safety.

Indeed there's been many documented cases of 6 shooter Colt "Peacemaker" (or Single Action Army) type pistols accidentally discharging when loaded with 6 rounds and killing people.

not that safty in what has sucky Macarov and other pistoles there not that place, cant explain in english and Glock is easy to re load, pull bck that and put bullet in the chamber, and easier to fire... and well safty and british sten guns or what was ame of it ... drop it and it fires

I didnt know about six shooters, I have fired only small revolver, not Magnums and peacemakers , even I wanna fire peacmaker
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2014 - 03:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Me to, I have heard about it , but seems some troops in India still use it
US 1% biker gangs modify it whit safty and use it as ''air conditionig the house'' since its cheap and you can trow away it

PPS was shit as you cant hold it , round magazine , butbetter as Sten

soviety pistols are shit they are not made for left handet, I am semi ... so re load Macarov I need change hands... NATO pistoles can do it easier
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2014 - 03:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
PPS most know is whit round one, box one was less use, and you should riffle one bullet (or its Carabine semi auto what can should one bullet till magazine is emthy and you dont need re oad it after one shout), PPS can go up, I prefere Tomy Gun holder and new M 16 base carabines

Most NATO istoles are you click botton magazine falls out ... even Modern Macarov there is click, where you put in,,, for me take out means change right hand to left, because I cant change and click it whit left .... NATO is click a botton near trigger it falls ... 10 seconds whit Glock, Beretta to 1 min to Macarow .... in combath I would be death

GSh-18 and MP-443 is like NATO
I know classic one, and many fources as cops, in Rus use old one'

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1MakBulg

look at img, cant find better, there where you put maazine is like click... I cant do ot I need change hands to take out magazine
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2014 - 03:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Don't ever pay any attention to k7's ramblings such as this ons. For he does not know what he is talking about from personal experience. Only from films series and dodgy books and documentaries ;-)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.05.2014 - 12:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.05.2014 at 03:35

Don't ever pay any attention to k7's ramblings such as this ons. For he does not know what he is talking about from personal experience. Only from films series and dodgy books and documentaries ;-)

I have fired more guns you ever have , even anti tank rockets whit PC programs what military use to train , even I miss a tank, and those rockets are heavy , but I have fired from pistols, variuse kinds to machine guns M 60 and many assault rifles and rifles and hunting shout guns , so dont talk about thinks you dont know it

my old man was in sortha millitary and he has legal permit to keep a gun (any kind a pistol) and he had a permith to cary a gun 24/7 till he went in pension ... I have even trow a military training fragmentation granade , what rookies use to train, I have been part in military games few times whit blank bullet guns ....so I know more about guns as you do

I know how to de armd and put back Macarow, Glock, M 16 , AK , even in last 4 years I even havnt hold a gun, o no I did shoot Macarow in last spring in the shooting range 8 + 8 bullets, 2 magaiznes , so ...
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2014 - 13:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And I am not retard, I know what is gun, fuck sake it can kill ppl and I never ever told anyone that my old man has a gun, not to my friends, anyone, even I played whit macarow unloadet of corse and leither whit Glovk also unloadet every day,.. I never ever told to ppl, about it, it would be all friends --- lets go shoot, lets go shoot., in the end, ritard shout someone of us, someone alse, or him self ... no thanks ..... same shit was whit gass pistol what I also have, all was like go and shoot , I had like 2 weeks non stop ''lets gos hoot' quastions , but I have a brains and responsibility and non of us went

well my childhood summer friend, now he is not, he enter in Police school and becaim a old bill , drug addict and heavy boozer there in the fource... period 19-22 was OK after it he changed, he and other ppl what are not my friends but I know (small town shit) they were shooting real bullets liie wild western shit...he gave his service pistol to every body and ... when they were drug, ots good non was killed, fuck sake he shout a self made arrow from bowl in my ass once , it was little painful and I beat a shutr out of him after and we never spoken,... he did shout in uniform whit gas pistol to ppl ... till he beat some girl and was fired , due some techiqalitry he dod not get real jail time, have no clue what dude does now ...... so I am fucking resposible, when it goes to guns I dont talk, walk and shout unless there someone whi has real permnith and knows how and where .... if I be restard I might do as my friend .... so I am not american who walks to the school and blow brains out ... in my house guns was 8 years, I never ever told friends, and never take it outside of house, even played whit unloated pistol ....
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2014 - 15:28
toxx
Supreme being
Don't own any guns myself, but I do go to the local range and shoot a little occationally, as I have friends who are active in the sport.

When it comes to rules, it's not that difficult to get a hold of a handgun here in Norway. You have to be an active member of a club for a year, then you can apply for a liscense. If you get the liscense, you can then apply for buying a gun, where type and caliber must be specified. There is a limit to how many guns you can own as well I think.

Don't know how it works for rifles and shotguns though. I'm guessing you need a hunting liscense, and annual shooting tests to keep it valid.
26.05.2014 - 16:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW wasnt there in WWII japs simmilar assault rifle as sten gun but little bigger, same type of magazine or ... ?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2014 - 17:10
ANGEL REAPER

We should ban guns and focus on more important things...like sword-fighting and kung-fu !
that being said i dont think that banning guns will solve anything,but i think that anyone should be allowed to carry weapons for self-defense after proper instruction course and medical/psychiatric exams ... why ? well if you are ought to commit crime you have already set your mind to break the law thus possession of illegal weapons or not is unimportant to you as a criminal.However if you are victim ,ability to defend you with resources far beyond your own physical construction and abilities is a life saving thing.So yes ,im for it-with certain limitations it type of weapons allowed for defense (that is no automatic,chemical and explosives weapons cause that are not defensive type of weapons).
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"