Metal Storm logo
Malevolent Creation - Fire Drummer Gus Rios (Update)

There has been an update from Malevolent Creation after they posted a message on Facebook saying they fired their drummer Gus Rios which they later decided to take down. The band has now released a more detailed explanation of what happened, at least their side of the story. Check it out below. Oh, and Justin DiPinto is back in the band.

The statement is quite lengthy: "The decision to replace our now x drummer Gus Rios has been in the works for the last 6 months. The decision became final after the recording of our new album and the cancellation of our show in Chicago January 25th, 2014 after our drummer Gus contacted the promoter and changed our flights to Chicago from early Friday the 24th to the day of the show on the 25th. Without telling anyone in the band until a week before the show. That resulted in a huge problem within the band and ultimately our flights to Chicago were cancelled that Saturday, January 25th due to an ice storm coming through Chicago that afternoon. That day we decided we were firing Gus from the band and contacted our former and now new drummer Justin Dipinto who played with and recorded the Malevolent Creation album The Will To Kill in 2002.

"There have been too many problems with Gus since he began filling in as our drummer in 2009 to mention, but the fact that he recorded/programmed/edited the drum parts on our last 2 recordings was really the final nail in the coffin. We have recorded many albums since 1990 and they were all recorded as a band playing with a drummer live in the studio until the drums were perfect for each song. This is now our 2nd recording that nobody was present for when the drums were recorded and on our newest album 'The Path Of Malevolence' Chapter 1 I had to record my guitar to a click track and then Gus recorded/programmed and edited his drum tracks to the music. Anyone who has been playing music as long as we have knows a real band does not record like that. And the fake sounding and edited kick drums are something we have avoided all these years until Gus entered the picture. Because of all the problems the promoter in Chicago (Boris The Russian Gorilla) had to go through and money he lost due to that whole mess, he rescheduled the Chicago show for April 12th and got us all new flights.

"The band decided that we would do one final show with Gus in Chicago April 12th and then tell him his services were no longer needed. This has been known to all the band members and Boris the promoter and our close friends and new drummer Justin since January 25th. Unfortunately for us someone told Gus about our plans and of course he texted everyone in the band and said he quit after hearing the news. As for the 'Gay' comment I made about Gus I apologize, it is hard for me to refer to him as anything else but the nickname he has had long before I ever met him which is 'Gay Gus'! Anyone that knows him or has met him refers to him by that name. If he is gay, I do not know personally, but it has crossed my mind many times over the years I have known him.

"Only he knows the truth and whoever gave him the nickname surely does. I have gay family members and friends and that has never been a problem for me, so I do apologize for making the comment and to the people that found it offending. NOW we have a great new drummer playing with us, a great new release coming out soon and many tours and festivals planned for 2014 and beyond! We wish Gus the best of luck doing whatever it is he does, but we are mostly excited to be playing with a drummer that loves metal music as much as we do and look forward to playing songs we haven't played in many years and new ones as well. I apologize for all the confusion in the last 24 hours, but we were planning on having Gus play a final show in Chicago April 12th, but at least fans can hear Malevolent Creation play a special set list of songs with our new drummer Justin DiPinto who can play anything from our back catalog and newest release! Thank you Justin! And welcome back!"

[Also thanks to J. N.!]

It seems like death metallers Malevolent Creation have fired their drummer Gus Rios. Upon his departure, the band didn't have nice words for him. Gus Rios, on the other hand, says he decided to leave due to "personal differences".

The band posted this bizarre message about it: "We have fired our gay drummer Gus Rios and replaced him with a drummer that can play our songs and is a very famous drummer in death metal. Now we have a drummer that can play our music and play drums on our albums! No more fake editing drumming from Gus! Be happy people! We have a real drummer again and can play all the music from all our albums again!"

Gus Rios gave this statement to Sick Drummer Magazine: "After several years, I have decided to part ways permanently with Malevolent Creation. The simple reason is personal differences. I appreciate all of the people I've worked with during my time with the band and want to thank all of them - I'm sure we'll work together again in the future with another band. Most of all, I would like to thank all of the fans who have supported the band! I'm sure you will continue to support."

"This opens me up for bands in need of a touring and/or recording drummer, as well as a full-time position if the situation is right. I can be reached on my Facebook page here. Thank you, Gus Rios."

The band's last album was Invidious Dominion but they have completed a new album even though its release date is yet to be announced.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Malevolent Creation
Posted: 26.02.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 148 users
26.02.2014 - 13:19
Rulatore
Lol. I don't know who is very famous and was avaible... maybe Tim Yeoung (or whatever his name is) ?
26.02.2014 - 14:07
.:Nataras:.
.:Saratan:.
LOL !! you must posted this in "Funny stuff"...
----
26.02.2014 - 14:25
Derelict Earth
Quote:
We have fired our gay drummer

Way to be pro in your communication ... That's disappointing.
26.02.2014 - 16:11
MetalDoomMaster
Wow that's a pretty intense statement from the band haha
26.02.2014 - 16:48
Abattoir
staff
If it's a true, than it's quite an immature respond. Also, an interesting and funny fact at the same time about all this is, that the band fired him after playing with them for more than 4 years. It makes no sense at all.
26.02.2014 - 16:49
Rikke
That post must be a joke... IT HAS TO BE!
26.02.2014 - 16:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Their message could have been posted jokingly, but the guy made a statement saying he is out of the band.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.02.2014 - 17:57
.:Nataras:.
Hey guys and girls! they deleted their post on official Facebook page!!
----
26.02.2014 - 19:34
Alondate
If you keep a gay drummer in your band for 4 years, then you must be way more gay than him
26.02.2014 - 19:45
Vombatus
Potorro
The band statement makes no sense (saying he is not skilled enough after 4 years ? : ). Plus they deleted the post, so maybe just some trolling.
26.02.2014 - 20:06
theFIST
Written by Abattoir on 26.02.2014 at 16:48

If it's a true, than it's quite an immature respond. Also, an interesting and funny fact at the same time about all this is, that the band fired him after playing with them for more than 4 years. It makes no sense at all.

but back then they weren"t yet sure yet that they aren"t a gay band
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
26.02.2014 - 21:26
Migtanteot
Well, I could see them playing a few years ago(2012 I think) and I don´t belive Gus did a bad job. At least that bad. They´re just trolling.

Written by Alondate on 26.02.2014 at 19:34

If you keep a gay drummer in your band for 4 years, then you must be way more gay than him

HAHAHA They realised so and erased the post.
27.02.2014 - 00:23
I had no idea how much assholery went on in this band until now.
28.02.2014 - 22:04
Purgatori☠
The worst thing about this is the insane amount of PC obsessed pussies whining and crying in the comments on their Facebook page, and here. Metal is not suppose to be about being politically correct so shut the fuck up.
01.03.2014 - 06:44
Mattybu
Gay Gus... Something tells me thats a nickname to use only when Gay Gus isn't around one of the stranger facebook band member drama things I have seen, and a fairly entertaining one.
04.03.2014 - 21:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Purgatori☠ on 28.02.2014 at 22:04
The worst thing about this is the insane amount of PC obsessed pussies whining and crying in the comments on their Facebook page, and here. Metal is not suppose to be about being politically correct so shut the fuck up.

Agreed. We should all aspire to be the knuckle-dragger stereotype the rest of the world expects us to be. It's our duty as true metalheads, so many posers these days slandering the purity of true metal - it's disgraceful.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 5167 | This month: 5