Metal Storm logo
Swedish Death Metal

27.02.2014 - 22:44
Aristarchos
I started this thread to give you a place to discuss anything about Swedish death metal. I'm interested in seeing what bands you enjoy, especially from the less known. Personally I'm a big fan of many Swedish death metal bands, and if you read my articles The History Of Scandinavian Death Metal Part One and The History Of Scandinavian Death Metal Part Two I will give you a lot of recommendations, but there are especially two albums I would recommend more.

First The Crown - Eternal Death. Melodic old school death metal, not in the Gothenburg vein.

Second Cemetary - Godless Beauty. Also that one is melodic old school death metal, not in the Gothenburg vein, but with elements of goth and doom.

As a third recommendation I would say Sorcery - Bloodchilling Tales. Pure old scool death metal.

27.02.2014 - 23:57
Lit.
Account deleted
Two words: God Macabre. The Winterlong is a damn underrated Swedish death metal jewel.
28.02.2014 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since there are no votimg options isnt those 2 simmilar?
http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=7344
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.03.2014 - 12:52
Aristarchos
Written by Bad English on 28.02.2014 at 20:13

Since there are no votimg options isnt those 2 simmilar?
http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=7344

That thread is about favorite Swedish death metal and is in metal arena. This thread is meant to be much broader, and not necessarily discuss what is best, rather give a possibility to discuss more obscure bands, or discuss whatever you want about the genre.
03.03.2014 - 13:03
Aristarchos
Written by deadone on 28.02.2014 at 03:08

Great stuff, especially the first two.

Cemetary was especially cool.

Sorcery had a great Stockhol vibe and is far more interesting than anything Dismember have done since Death Metal.

I'm glad you liked it. Personally I prefer Sorcery over anything Dismember has done, perhaps with the exception of Like An Ever Flowing Stream. My favourite Dismember album after the debut is Where Ironcrosses Grow.
03.03.2014 - 13:17
toxx
Supreme being
I'm not really that familiar with the Swedish death scene, but from the bands I know of, I really like Edge Of Sanity, Entombed and Hypocrisy. Preferably the older stuff from Hypocrisy.

Edit: I forgot Morbus Chron!
04.03.2014 - 17:20
Aristarchos
Written by baoxiaotian on 02.03.2014 at 06:34

Why I select Understand of the Deceased, Call for Zombie Pets Toxins Dart and Diablo iii Gold Tremendous is that they price little mana and can provide many advantages from these capabilities.

?
04.03.2014 - 17:22
Aristarchos
Written by toxx on 03.03.2014 at 13:17

I'm not really that familiar with the Swedish death scene, but from the bands I know of, I really like Edge Of Sanity, Entombed and Hypocrisy. Preferably the older stuff from Hypocrisy.

Edit: I forgot Morbus Chron!

I don't even know of Morbus Chron. What type of death metal do they play?
06.03.2014 - 08:08
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Aristarchos on 04.03.2014 at 17:22

I don't even know of Morbus Chron. What type of death metal do they play?

They play old school DM. Their latest album, Sweven, was featured on the frontpage of MS last week I think.

This one's from Sleepers in the Rift, released in 2012.

06.03.2014 - 13:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
However Sweven is NOTHING like their older stuff it's way more progressive. Comparable to how Tribulation moved from old school death metal on The Horror to the progressive kind they played on Formulas Of Death
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.03.2014 - 14:42
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.03.2014 at 13:36

However Sweven is NOTHING like their older stuff it's way more progressive. Comparable to how Tribulation moved from old school death metal on The Horror to the progressive kind they played on Formulas Of Death

Exactly why I postet from Sleepers in the rift, which is in my opinion way better than Sweven.
06.03.2014 - 14:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by toxx on 06.03.2014 at 14:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.03.2014 at 13:36

Exactly why I postet from Sleepers in the rift, which is in my opinion way better than Sweven.

I disagree even though I love Sleepers just as I love The Horror, but both Tribulation and Morbus Chron are now just sooooo much better than on those albums it's not even funny anymore.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.03.2014 - 21:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.03.2014 at 14:58
I disagree even though I love Sleepers just as I love The Horror, but both Tribulation and Morbus Chron are now just sooooo much better than on those albums it's not even funny anymore.

It seems that swedish bands are getting good when they all of a sudden change from a traditional and well known sound to something else. Tribulation, Morbus Chron, In Solitude, Opeth.... Oh wait, no. Opeth fucked it up.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2014 - 01:49
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 07.03.2014 at 01:11

I wish more Swedish bands went back to the basics.

That's what we have Bloodbath for, and as far as I'm concerned, that's all we need.

I say KEEP ON CHANGIN', SWEDEN!
07.03.2014 - 15:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Meh, plenty of swedish bands already playing old school death metal. No need for more.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.03.2014 - 15:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah I usually stumble on an old-style, Swedish DM band / album every couple of weeks. Ribspreader released something only a week or so ago:

#

It can be a fun genre, but there's definitely enough of it floating around.

People who really like the style should definitely check out Intestine Baalism. They're actually Japanese but do the style better than 99% of Swedes.