Metal Storm logo
Edge Of Sanity

Original post

Posted by , 20.05.2006 - 17:27
Dan Swano is a god. Just thought I'd get that out in the open. I'd also like to state that 'Crimson' is in my opinion the greatest album/song ever created. 'Crimson II' is also a bonafide masterpiece too and is almost as good as the original. Oddly enough, EOS's other work, apart from perhaps 'Purgatory Afterglow' really don't interest me.

Anyway, the early career of EOS mainly consisted of average death metal before peaking with the highly ambitious concept album 'Crimson' which consists of 40 minutes of pure metal bliss. Perhaps comparable to Opeth, it's of a very progressive nature as it spans a multitude of genres and has some amazing vocal work from Swano and Akerfeldt. It also comprises some very epic storytelling which is expertly performed by the band.
18.02.2009 - 12:01
Misanthrope

Dan Swano is a god indeed.

EOS raped Opeth with just a 40 minutes song . Talk about progressive
08.03.2012 - 00:05
albinoman

He's not just a God, he is also a vampire/werewolf/alien
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dan-swanoe/653539-dan-swanoe-werewolf-explanation-constant-references-moon.html
26.01.2013 - 00:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just quasten does Dan Swanö has a prom pic, or somebody knows how he doe slook today or has some pic from 2011-2012?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.01.2013 - 19:19
squidrick420

I cant find their music anywhere, and i really hate ordering stuff online! why is it that i can never find good bands like this in stores?
11.02.2013 - 15:59
Sunioj

Written by squidrick420 on 30.01.2013 at 19:19

I cant find their music anywhere, and i really hate ordering stuff online! why is it that i can never find good bands like this in stores?

Because... murika though it really depends where you are. When I lived in Missouri the local metal store had almost everything.

I worship both Crimson albums, need to check out their early work too. Lazy..
11.02.2013 - 21:20
squidrick420

Written by Sunioj on 11.02.2013 at 15:59

Written by squidrick420 on 30.01.2013 at 19:19

Because... murika though it really depends where you are. When I lived in Missouri the local metal store had almost everything.

I worship both Crimson albums, need to check out their early work too. Lazy..

Yeah ole murika isnt the best place to find awesome foreign metal, although there are some really cool record shops around Asheville NC that have some very unique/hard to find stuff in them. So it could be way worse.
02.03.2013 - 13:58
Aristarchos

Have never understood why everybody loves Crimson. For me The Spectral Sorrow is his best album.
07.03.2013 - 04:24
burningcaskets

Spectral Sorrows is a freaking amazing album.
07.03.2013 - 20:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Aristarchos on 02.03.2013 at 13:58

Have never understood why everybody loves Crimson. For me The Spectral Sorrow is his best album.

well maybe because prev albujms are more made fr pure DM fans who dont like other genres but Crimson is lil avangard
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2013 - 23:50
Sunioj

I've actually only heard Spectral Sorrows just yesterday and today, and yes it is really good. I won't say if I like it more because Crimson is nostaglic to me, yet.
08.03.2013 - 00:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Come on, Spectral Sorrows is solid at best, but comparing it to the Crimsons is just silly. Even Purgatory Afterglow trounces it.
08.03.2013 - 01:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.03.2013 at 00:01

Come on, Spectral Sorrows is solid at best, but comparing it to the Crimsons is just silly. Even Purgatory Afterglow trounces it.

Yes its true but I like all EoS , I liked when I was listening last time those but Spectral is 1th CD I ever bought so its special...
----

apos;'
[image]
14.05.2013 - 21:13
Bigpaul

Their Best Of: "When all Is Said" is worth picking up just for the Remastered version of Crimson.....Having both Crimsons on the same disk though is just a ridculous amount of goodness!
15.05.2013 - 11:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Bigpaul on 14.05.2013 at 21:13

Their Best Of: "When all Is Said" is worth picking up just for the Remastered version of Crimson.....Having both Crimsons on the same disk though is just a ridculous amount of goodness!

The remastered versions of the Crimson albums have bits cut from them, which is a massive mistake in my opinion. I'll stick with the originals (which sounded perfect anyway).
15.05.2013 - 15:16
KC

'Crimson' is such a masterpiece. I've had it for years, yet it never gets old. It's as fresh-sounding as when I first heard it.
----
Transcending Obscurity Records | PR Company | Online Magazine (est 2005)

http://www.tometal.com
http://www.facebook.com/transcendingobscurity
13.10.2014 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is this band still active?
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2014 - 16:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 13.10.2014 at 16:28

No, they split up in 1999, reformed for Crimson II and split up immediately after that album in 2003.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.10.2014 - 17:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.10.2014 at 16:55

Written by Bad English on 13.10.2014 at 16:28

No, they split up in 1999, reformed for Crimson II and split up immediately after that album in 2003.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=280

then can you put band styles to end as well, since seems to me band is still active here on MS
that's why I was asking
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2014 - 19:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does Dan already born whit this idea to have so many side projects ? funniest is all his side projects is good and awesome, and even sound similar not so similar as Finish guy from Wolfsheart and also other todays more less comercall mussicans what launch side projects what are more out of metal family as in .. just thinking was all time EoS hos main band or it was like one of ...
----

apos;'
[image]
14.10.2014 - 03:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Swano was likely always the creative force behind the band, as evident by the lame album he was not part of where the band couldn't even shit out a half decent old-school Swedish death metal album without him, as well as the other lame album where there were band tensions. For that reason alone it's an EoS album. Way more so than the two albums before it. Lucky Swano was around to save the EoS name before it went away forever, probably.
14.10.2014 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 14.10.2014 at 03:09

Swano was likely always the creative force behind the band, as evident by the lame album he was not part of where the band couldn't even shit out a half decent old-school Swedish death metal album without him, as well as the other lame album where there were band tensions. For that reason alone it's an EoS album. Way more so than the two albums before it. Lucky Swano was around to save the EoS name before it went away forever, probably.

Its not lame album good album
----

apos;'
[image]
14.10.2014 - 13:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 14.10.2014 at 12:05

Its not lame album good album

Cryptic is lame, Infernal is probably lame (I couldn't finish the whole thing). No point to them when you can just listen to Unorthodox which has better songs and sound.
15.10.2014 - 01:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Actually I find a lot of Swano's projects to be not that interesting (Pan.Thy.Monium for example). I'm not afraid to call a turd and turd and it's always been pretty clear where the turds are in EoS. Just so happens it's the ones where Swano was not in control. EoS were always quite diverse, Crimson II was just the other end of the spectrum, before falling out of the style completely and ending up with 'Moontower'.

Yeah, gotta hate "Cryptic II"....
15.10.2014 - 12:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I often forget about Demiurg. Is probably the closest a band has come carrying on EoS's sound. Great stuff.

^ the competent, ballsy songwriting that was missing from Cryptic and Infernal.
10.12.2014 - 03:59
metalone4

One of my favorite bands...Dan Swano is a genius! His work in Bloodbath (not to mention his side projects) is killer too.
24.04.2022 - 07:13
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
A 13-year-old Dan Swanö on drums with keyboardist and singer Anders Måreby in their band "Ghost":

Måreby would later play cello on Crimson