Metal Storm logo
Mael Mórdha - Announce Departure Of Frontman

Mael Mórdha has announced some sad news. The Gaelic doom metallers confirm that their frontman Roibéard Ó Bogail has left the band for personal reasons. The other Mael Mórdha members have made the decision to continue without Rob, the group's founding member.

The band released this short statement: "We know that many of you were looking forward to hearing more Mael Mórdha gig news so unfortunately this announcement is pretty much the opposite of what you were hoping for. Regrettably we bring you the sad news that Rob has decided to leave the band. This news has been a huge shock for the rest of us and we are still struggling to take it in. His reasons are personal and we expect that in time he will make his own announcement. While this news has very obviously knocked us sideways, we are determined that Mael Mórdha will continue. The band and its music is bigger than any individual member and while we know that it will not be easy to continue without Rob, we are firm believers that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger and in time the band will emerge as an even more formidable force. Our perseverance in making this happen will be greatly helped by your support. If you believe in this band like we do then please get behind us on this journey. Thank you all. Mael Mórdha."

Footage was also posted online of one of Rob's final shows from their Greek tour last year. Watch it below.

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Mael Mórdha
Posted: 03.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 19 users
03.03.2014 - 19:57
Gothmog_Motsham
I don't know why I want these guys to turn into a Celtic Black Metal band...I love their old style but I just want to see them go faster and more aggressive. Hope whoever comes can bring that kind of sound to them...

Hits total: 1624 | This month: 4