Metal Storm logo
Persefone - Announce 'Core' Re-Release

Persefone will re-release their classic album Core worldwide on April 18th through ViciSolum Records. The album has been sold out for years and many fans have requested that the band would re-release it. The new release, which also includes a very exclusive bonus track, has been remixed by Pere Revert (producer directly involved in the creation of both Shin-Ken and Spiritual Migration). For now, pre-listen to the track "Sanctuary Act III: Exiled To The Void" streaming at this location.

Core strikes back with a bigger production, better sound and Annica von Holdt's artwork revisited by world renowned cover artist Travis Smith. Pre-order this release over here.

Core tracklist:

Sanctuary: Light And Grief
01. Sanctuary Act I: Goddess' Wrath
02. Sanctuary Act II: Light's Memories
03. Sanctuary Act III: Exiled To The Void
04. Sanctuary Act IV: To Face The Truth
Underworld: The Fallen & The Butterfly
05. Underworld Act I: Clash Of The Titans
06. Underworld Act II: Dark Thoughts From A Dark Heart
07. Underworld Act III: When The Earth Breaks
08. Underworld Act IV: Released
Seed: Core & Persephone
09. Seed Act I: A Ray Of Hope
10. Seed Act II: Self Betraying
11. Seed Act III: Doubts Are Seed
12. Seed Act IV: Dark Inner Transition
13. Seed Act V: The End
14. Star Wars Medley (Bonus track)

The following press release was issued: "Back in 2005, Persefone got in the studio to start working on what was to become the biggest production ever, in the history of the band for that time and one of the most acclaimed album for media and fans. The idea was simple: Telling the story of the goddess Persephone, who gives name to the band, in three long epic songs from the point of view of every main character in the story: Demeter (mother of Persephone), Hades (god of the Underworld) and Persephone herself. A long epic story with memorable solos, harmonies, complex rhythms and beautiful melodies in 70 minutes of non-stop music. In 2006, the album was released by the very small Greek label Burning Star Records, but the lack of promotion was evident, and the lack of courage to promote such an intriguing project, left the album forgotten to the public eye (in spite of the great media response). In 2013, when ViciSolum Records released the fourth Persefone album, Spiritual Migration, the label director heard the album and immediately had the idea to re-release it, this time, giving the album the promotion effort, it so strongly deserves."

Source: persefone.com
Band profile: Persefone
Posted: 05.03.2014 by Saekwolth

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 65 users
05.03.2014 - 16:45
Rage in a bottle

From what I've heard, I prefer the old mix and from what I see I prefer the old artwork... But I couldn't get the old version so I'm definetly getting this! One of my all time favorite!
05.03.2014 - 17:30
Rupert

I like the new mix, sounds fatter.
05.03.2014 - 17:43
Maco
Pvt Funderground
My level of excitement is growing after listening the new mix.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
05.03.2014 - 17:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Maybe this is a good time for me to discover this album
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.03.2014 - 17:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BloodTears on 05.03.2014 at 17:46

Considering it's their most diverse and interesting release, you'll probably really like it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.03.2014 - 18:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.03.2014 at 17:57

Written by BloodTears on 05.03.2014 at 17:46

Considering it's their most diverse and interesting release, you'll probably really like it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely listen to it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2420 | This month: 2