Metal Storm logo
Loits

20.05.2006 - 17:49
Götter
So I opened a new thread about this Baltic's foremost black metal act and the only militant flak'n'roll band in the world. Also, my personal favorite and the creator of my all-time favorite album "Ei Kahetse Midagi". Early on, they were heavily influenced by Burzum and the like but on the second full-length they adopted a more unique, rock'n'rollish (albeit still BM) sound. The second album got them a lot of recognition in Estonia but in BM circles they were quite well known already. They should be starting the work on their new material fairly soon.

Official homepage
MySpace account
Metal-archives
MetalStorm
EstonianMetal (lots of downloads!)
20.05.2006 - 23:30
Markku
Account deleted
Waiting for new material. Hope they'll give few hints what the new stuf will be like.
20.05.2006 - 23:35
__Az__

Ill be honest, ive never heard any of their material.... There seems to be much hype over them, so maybe ill cheack them out... Any recomendations?
21.05.2006 - 00:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I heard a live song from them, "Furor Aesticus", song from their "Legion Estland" EP in a live bootlegged video I found in the Internet and it was pretty good. Even when it was a bootlegged video it had a good sound quality and I was able to appreciate the song. It is good to mention that this band currently has Marko Atso on drums, which is the drummer for the band Metsatöll. I will check more of this band, specially those MP3s you grimly provided there.
----
Christless
21.05.2006 - 13:43
Götter
Written by __Az__ on 20.05.2006 at 23:35

Ill be honest, ive never heard any of their material.... There seems to be much hype over them, so maybe ill cheack them out... Any recomendations?

Any song you can get your hands on. Certainly try the rehearsal version of "Tõelised Kuningad" which is a local cult classic, then "Veri" and "Raiugem Ruunideks" and "Eesti Auks". Still, try out all of the downloads and then buy the albums!
25.05.2006 - 12:45
VMax

"Vere kutse kohustab" is very very good album . That's a good news that they are working with new material , it's been while since their last one.
25.05.2006 - 13:48
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Looked them up a few days ago when looking at Gotter's profile. I was surprised, they are really good!!
22.07.2006 - 21:38
.:Jux:.

At first I didn't see what people saw in this band for a quite a long time (for more than a year), but then something happend and here I am. Having "Vere Kutse Kohustab" vinule and I don't even have a vinule player for playing the damn thing

What I love about them is this powerful underground sound and style and because I am estonian also the very straight vocals do the trick for me
19.08.2006 - 00:35
mortal enemy
Account deleted
The greatest band in Estonia So about when will the new material be ready?
28.08.2006 - 19:08
Doh

Would be nice to hear something new finally .
28.08.2006 - 21:28
Damnated
Churchburner
Never heard of them, only that they're not NS, still ppl say this, due to the svastica thing in their logo. Heve to check'em out
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.08.2006 - 22:03
Basso
Account deleted
They are rather cool. Good and catchy but there are better bands out there.
29.08.2006 - 00:07
Misantrophil
Account deleted
I dont like this band,because they hate slavic people
29.08.2006 - 00:22
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Guest on 29.08.2006 at 00:07

And where did you get that idea? If a band sings about how people fought against communism - it doesnt mean thay are against slavic people. It is as stupid as to say that all slavs were communists and all islamic peaople are terroroists.
29.08.2006 - 12:32
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Damnated on 28.08.2006 at 21:28

the svastica thing in their logo

This is not a svastica.....its a triskele....three legs.....the same symbol can be found on the national flag of the Isle of Man.......definitely NOT...a svastica.....
29.08.2006 - 12:43
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by Ernis on 29.08.2006 at 12:32

This is not a svastica.....its a triskele....three legs
Actually, many NS groups also use this triskele as their symbol. In my opinion triskele is just another version of svastika.
29.08.2006 - 14:03
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Ernis on 29.08.2006 at 12:32

Written by Damnated on 28.08.2006 at 21:28

the svastica thing in their logo

This is not a svastica.....its a triskele....three legs.....the same symbol can be found on the national flag of the Isle of Man.......definitely NOT...a svastica.....

Yeah, I know that, but this is one reason why Loits is considered NS. Their logo 'looks' like a svastica.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
29.08.2006 - 14:11
Ernis
狼獾
Yeah...it is a crippled svastica....if svastica has four legs, then this has only three......But then I wonder why anyone hasn't like banned or whined over the Manx flag.....If I recall correctly then it was even on the red background....

Whateva....about Loits....yeah I'd like to find out too about their new works...they have been quite silent for some time now.....kinda sad too that they do not hold gigs very often.....especially compared to Metsatöll who is like...one day on one festival, another day on some other.....
29.08.2006 - 14:58
FrozenSky

I heard rumors that the new albums theme will be Estonian Liberation War (1918-1920). Can anyone confirm this?
29.08.2006 - 16:29
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by FrozenSky on 29.08.2006 at 14:58

I heard rumors that the new albums theme will be Estonian Liberation War (1918-1920). Can anyone confirm this?
I dont know if it is true or not, but I hope it is. Im making my bachelor degree work about this period - so if the new album really is about Estonian Liberation War, then it would just be a bonus for me.

Its true that Loits has been quiet too long - their last album was released two years ago. Im not complaining, but Im sure that two years is enough time to make a new and really good album.
29.08.2006 - 18:10
Markku
Account deleted
Written by FrozenSky on 29.08.2006 at 14:58

I've heard that too from somewhere, let's wait and see.
29.08.2006 - 18:22
FrozenSky

Yeah only thing we can do is wait. Still, I hope too that this will be the theme.
29.08.2006 - 18:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Currently listening to some stuff. It is really good, but IMO not worth the huge buzz.

Wait. I just called four enthusiastic fans a 'buzz'. In a matter of seconds, everything will be mainstream to me. I'm so grim.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.01.2007 - 19:01
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.08.2006 at 00:07

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in this forum for a long time.

Anyways for all of you diehard Loits' fans out there you can get all the merchandise from their new webstore.
04.01.2007 - 01:19
Ultraraw
Account deleted
"Veri" is super by the way
01.07.2007 - 14:32
destroyah
supercharger
Ok, the new album is out, and it positively rocks

review here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4382
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
19.05.2008 - 07:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yaayyyy I just checked them out and they are awesome. I've only heard a couple of songs so far, but for some reason I get a strong Mayhem vibe, but with that badass black n roll sound added. Anyways, if someone knows any American distributors/sites to buy any of their full lengths from, please let me know.
21.05.2008 - 15:57
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 19.05.2008 at 07:01

yaayyyy I just checked them out and they are awesome. I've only heard a couple of songs so far, but for some reason I get a strong Mayhem vibe, but with that badass black n roll sound added. Anyways, if someone knows any American distributors/sites to buy any of their full lengths from, please let me know.

From American distros Pagan Flames production seems to have the first two albums.

http://www.blackmetaldvds.com/cds.htm
22.05.2008 - 01:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Thanks man. That site looks a bit sketchy to me, but knowing me I'll probably order from them anyways. xD
17.02.2009 - 05:52
Ahto-Lembit
Account deleted
MTV ?Eesti Top 100" - you can give your vote to Loits

On the anniversary of the Estonian Republic, MTV Estonia will show a grand parade of Estonian music videos, entitled "Eesti Top 100" ("Estonian Top 100").

Today the web voting for "Eesti Top 100" began. You can give your vote to Loits here:
http://www.mtveesti.ee/eestitop100

Advertisement video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWjEQxJI6ZE