Metal Storm logo
Timo Tolkki's Avalon - New Album Cover And More Revealed

Frontiers Records has revealed all about Timo Tolkki's Avalon's new album. We already knew the guest musicians that will appear on his second album Angels Of The Apocalypse. Now we get to see the cover artwork and much more. Mark your calendars for a release on May 16th in Europe and May 20th in North America. Check out the cover art and tracklist below.

In August 2013, Tolkki flew to Greece to seek the right inspiration for the follow-up album. He says: "In August 2012 I planned to release a Metal Opera that had to be a trilogy. I am following a specific storyboard in a musical format and this time the musical direction is heavier and darker than the previous Avalon. This was deliberate since the Apocalyptic scenes described in the lyrics demanded that."

Once again the artwork is provided by the French artist Stanis W. Decker and the first pressing of the physical edition will be available in a glossy digipak.

Final tracklist:

01. Song For Eden
02. Jerusalem Is Falling
03. Design The Century
04. Rise Of The 4th Reich
05. Stargate Atlantis
06. You'll Bleed Forever
07. The Paradise Lost
08. Neon Sirens
09. High Above Of Me
10. Angels Of The Apocalypse
11. Garden Of Eden

The first single "Design The Century" (featuring Nightwish singer Floor Jansen) will be released digitally worldwide on April 7th.

Courtesy of Frontiers Records

Source: frontiers.it
Band profile: Timo Tolkki's Avalon
Posted: 12.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 89 users
12.03.2014 - 19:20
Wukk

Tolkkitastic.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
12.03.2014 - 19:42
PocketMetal

I kinda like the artwork , it's the usual fantasy type but it looks good. wasn't a fan of the debut , but I will check this one out.
13.03.2014 - 03:13
mikeprado30

Well, it says will be "heavier". We hope so, cause the debut was as bland as the first RR album. I hope at least something like the third RR one (this one was nice).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
13.03.2014 - 06:36
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Is that Amanda Somerville?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.03.2014 - 09:01
Enissa

Well, the first one sucked, maybe this one is better, I love Floor!
13.03.2014 - 17:30
R Lewis

Written by LeChron James on 13.03.2014 at 06:36

Is that Amanda Somerville?

Floor Jansen
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.

Hits total: 3230 | This month: 2