‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 66  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by deadone on 14.03.2014 at 07:14
One thing I often encounter in my metal travels is albums that I should like but don't.

I should like them because stylistically they are exactly to my tastes.

But something in my subconscious goes "no good, next please."

There's a few bands that I have this relationship with - e.g. Callenish Circle, Death Judas Priest and a shipload of Thrash acts ala Skeletonwitch etc.

And in the opposite there's albums that are competely opposite to one's taste yet one still likes them (e.g. just heard Disillusion's Gloria and....really liked it).

It's interesting how much subconcious plays in what we like.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Page 2 of 2

Warman
Erotic Stains

20.04.2014 at 13:09
Written by Fallen Ghost on 09.04.2014 at 23:26

I should probably love Exioma Ethica Odini and RIITIIR by Enslaved, some of the songs are ridiculously good, but as whole albums it bores me a little.. I guess I am more into single songs by them, and seeing them live, daym they are good live!

I actually discovered them live a couple of years ago. I had of course heard about them but never given them a chance. Why I really do not know. When they opened up with "Ethica Odini" and "Raidho" I stood there all like
----

"The Bro Code" article 72: A bro never spell-checks.
RavenEffect

22.04.2014 at 22:26
Anyone that has that Thrash/Groove Pantera sound. Sounds weird because I love Pantera, but just can't get into any of the clone bands.
Nick K.

25.04.2014 at 15:20
Ashes Against the Grain. I should really love it, since i'm a huge fan of Agalloch (especially the mantle)and atmospheric styles, but AATG just doesnt impress me that much. Maybe it will click with me in the future.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.