Metal Storm logo
Help with issue of microphones

14.03.2014 - 14:34
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So I bought this microphone, it has an entry for connecting on PC (actually a p10 plus an adaptator)
But when I connect it to PC it starts doing an annoying high pitched noise. And if I try to record something with it, the noise is recorded too.
Anyone had this problem before? Is it the microphone? My microphone entry? Or what?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.03.2014 - 14:47
Vombatus
Potorro
The only thing I can think of is going into the sound options of your control panel on the PC. There select your microphone and check if the "supress noise" option is selected (or anything related to it). Worked for me (also had the echo/noise thing going whenever I recorded something, but it's a nice static wall for grim shit ).
14.03.2014 - 22:36
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Thanks for the tip. I didn't exactly find the button you said, but I went to sound settings (I use windows seven) and could find a place to decrease the sensibility of the microphone. I set it to zero and it got a bit better but not exactly perfect. Anyway it's possible to record now, I guess. Unless I make ambient/ chill out music it doesn't seem it will appear on the record.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.03.2014 - 00:36
ANGEL REAPER
Are you using desktop pc or laptop?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.03.2014 - 02:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Desktop PC
----
- Reimu Hakurei
10.08.2014 - 20:02
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Karlabos on 15.03.2014 at 02:27

Desktop PC

plug it in in port called "line in" (its blue one).Other than that maybe the drivers got fucked.i had same problems but i cant remember how did i solved it ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"