----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.08.2014 - 01:22
Guib
Thrash Talker
The Event was amazing ! almost got killed during Municipal Waste... but I ended up being very dirty instead ( Thanks to the huge puddle of mud on the Apocalypse Scene, which I obviously fell into during a circle pit ).
Got quite disturbed by the performance of Babymetal, while I was waiting for Overkill's set (the stage was literally right beside) which was, in all honesty, pretty average. Anyways, the organization was very good in comparison to ''Montebello Amnesia Rockfest'' earlier this summer, everything went smoothly, the staff managed to keep the place pretty clean also, gratz to them and unlike Rockfest, the stages were placed properly and no band was overlapping the other so we couldn't hear shit. Now for the bands, the overall feel was that most of them had a lot of energy to give throughout the whole weekend. In my opinion the highlights were Anthrax (as always very good performance by Joey, he's simply amazing on a stage), Municipal Waste (A lot of fun as usual... though a tad annoying for the security who had to take down people that were climbing the trees because Tony Foresta told 'em to), Alestorm (I could feel the waves... no but really), Exodus (Bloody Aggressive, with Steve ''Zetro'' Souza now assuming the vocals, lucky us. We even got Mark Osegueda, vocalist from ''Death Angel'', to stretch the last note on their closing track *Strike Of The Beast* what a blast.), ''Monster'' giving free drinks at the end of both nights (I shit you not) and surprisingly (maybe it's because I've never seen them live, cuz I'm too young) Twisted Sister which surprised me, their presence on stage is incredibly refreshing. For such an old band (with all 5 original members which Dee Snider kept reminding us the whole time) they have an energy that can put to shame many younger bands. Snider joked the whole time. Can't say their set was bad, they played ''Stay Hungry'' entirely . Also Epica and Apocalyptica performed very well, though they did not impressed me as much. Lamb Of God on the other hand was a let down, not because of the band really, but for some obscure reason, the crowd wasn't too much into it, probably because Slayer was closing the event right after their set, or maybe because they couldn't get drunk enough since the beer was TOO DAMN EXPANSIVE !!! Seriously, you wanna rip me an almost 7 bucks for a single sip o' Beer ? Anyways, I attended the band's gig 4 years ago at the Rockfest and the atmosphere was a lot better than this time unfortunately for them. The band pretty much did a "Killadelphia" on us, for those of you who know the band well. Now Slayer and Metallica... such a contrast, Metallica were very vocal the whole time, had a lot of light effects, huge ass screens that were playing videos the whole time, huge balloons for us the break during Seek & Destroy, (...etc...) I mean they even got us to vote for a track that we wanted to hear at the end of the show (The Four Horsemen won over Fuel and Fight Fire With Fire). While Slayer barely spoke to the crowd, had not much props except for 2 huge inverted cross on each side of their logo and showed barely any energy. It's sad, considering I preferred slayer's set-list to Metallica's. Personally I think I would've put Slayer on the first day instead. It would've ended the whole event a bit better with a Metallica closure, but yeah w/e, not that it matters that much. Overall, very good week-end for MTL's Thrashers and Metal-heads of all kinds, thanks to all the fans who came supporting and I'll be there next year for sure !!!!! Oh yeah and Fuck St-Lambert.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.08.2014 - 02:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
If tickets weren't so expensive I honestly would have caught a bus from Toronto just to see Truckfighters again. The rest of the lineup reads like a mainstream metal fan's wet dream but honestly I'd probably only bother with Slayer, Overkill, and Lamb of God.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2014 - 03:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.08.2014 at 02:46

If tickets weren't so expensive I honestly would have caught a bus from Toronto just to see Truckfighters again. The rest of the lineup reads like a mainstream metal fan's wet dream but honestly I'd probably only bother with Slayer, Overkill, and Lamb of God.

Oh well mainstream means nothing to me. If its good, its good.
But yeah Overkill were pretty average honestly. Slayer was good (just lacked energy) and Lamb Of God was pretty damn good though the crowd sucked.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.08.2014 - 03:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guib on 13.08.2014 at 03:01
Oh well mainstream means nothing to me. If its good, its good.

I wasn't implying anything by it, just mentioning that all the bands here are the typical big names you'd see headlining your average metal tour or festival and that's not really my kind of thing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2014 - 04:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Bunch of my skateboarding friends went to this, and i'm pretty jealous. Thrashing around to DRI, Sworn In and Whores. would have been sweet.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
13.08.2014 - 04:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Boxcar Willy on 13.08.2014 at 04:45

Bunch of my skateboarding friends went to this, and i'm pretty jealous. Thrashing around to DRI, Sworn In and Whores. would have been sweet.

D.R.I. were cancelled actually. Death Angel replaced them. Sad indeed. I mean DA's good but I saw them twice way before Heavy MTL while I never saw D.R.I. live.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.08.2014 - 13:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guib on 12.08.2014 at 01:22

(with all 5 original members which Dee Snider kept reminding us the whole time)

Dee was a bit liberal with the truth aand stretching it by saying that.
What he of course meant was the recording line-up of their debut album Under The Blade. TS had quite a few musicians before that one was recorded.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.08.2014 - 01:15
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.08.2014 at 13:36

(with all 5 original members which Dee Snider kept reminding us the whole time)

Dee was a bit liberal with the truth aand stretching it by saying that.
What he of course meant was the recording line-up of their debut album Under The Blade. TS had quite a few musicians before that one was recorded.

I see, I didn't know that, thanks. Well anyways, they give a surprisingly good show.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.08.2014 - 03:04
Mattybu

Guib's retelling of the event

You're lucky man. I found out earlier in the summer that I had to be up in Ottawa on the weekend of the festival so I had to bail on the thought of getting to go. Pretty jelly of how much goodness you soaked in but glad you enjoyed it.
14.08.2014 - 13:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guib on 14.08.2014 at 01:15

I see, I didn't know that, thanks. Well anyways, they give a surprisingly good show.

Twisted Sister is great live, no doubt about that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.08.2014 - 04:36
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Mattybu on 14.08.2014 at 03:04

Guib's retelling of the event

You're lucky man. I found out earlier in the summer that I had to be up in Ottawa on the weekend of the festival so I had to bail on the thought of getting to go. Pretty jelly of how much goodness you soaked in but glad you enjoyed it.

Aw man that sucks !! Maybe next year man ?
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
15.08.2014 - 04:39
Mattybu

Written by Guib on 15.08.2014 at 04:36

Maybe next year man ?

Perhaps. If it's on again I'll try to make it happen.
19.10.2014 - 17:15
Coolingsrock

Never went all cause of Metallica damn assholes making vip sections!! should be first come first chance at getting close to the stage.

Hits total: 2571 | This month: 6