Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Angela Gossow Leaves, Announce New Singer

Plot twist! April Fools'? It appears not. Surprising news arrive now from the Arch Enemy camp as it's been revealed that Angela Gossow has left the band. The announcement will come as a huge shock to many fans given that they recently announced their new album, and though Angela will be staying on with the band in a managerial capacity, she is officially stepping down as singer after 13 years and six albums. Replacing her in the AE fold will be none other than ex-The Agonist Alissa White-Gluz.

Angela Gossow says in a statement: "Dear Arch Enemy fans, this is not easy to tell you... f I have decided to step down from being Arch Enemy's voice of anger. After 13 years of pure fucking metal, six studio albums and countless tours through five continents, I feel the need to enter a different phase in my life, be with my family and pursue other interests. I will however remain business manager for Arch Enemy, and I will continue to develop my artist management roster. I am staying true to my heavy metal roots, just leaving the spotlight so to speak. I am passing the torch to the super talented Alissa White-Gluz, whom I've known as a dear friend and a superb vocalist for many years. I always thought she deserved a chance to shine - and now she's getting it. Just like I got that chance back in 2001."

"I want to thank all Arch Enemy fans, our labels Century Media (worldwide) and Trooper Entertainment (Japan), our dedicated road crew, and in particular Michael, Daniel and Sharlee for their love and support throughout all these years. It's been one hell of a ride! We conquered every situation, made it through thick & thin together in the most exciting and rewarding time of my life. Thank you all for being there with me on stage, in front of the stage, and backstage. You have touched my heart, and I hope I was able to give something back to you. I am grateful for the wonderful memories - I will cherish them forever! I am looking forward to the next decade of Arch Enemy madness! Right now I am listening through rough mixes of the new studio album and I am blown away! 2014 will see a renewed Arch Enemy at the top of their game. I am proud to be part of this Arch Enemy chapter, albeit in a different way - revving up the engines behind the scenes. I hope to see you in front of the stage; I will join you there this time. Let the killing begin, once again!"

"I am very honoured and happy to announce a new chapter in my life and musical career," adds Canada-born Alissa. "Wages Of Sin was the first metal album I ever bought, and it was love at first listen. It is not often that you get a phone call from your favorite band asking you to join! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with such amazingly talented musicians whom I also consider great friends. I look forward to being able to write and perform at a whole new level now with Arch Enemy ! Music is forever, metal is limitless and this is only the beginning!"

Chief song-writer and band leader Michael Amott comments: "We are eternally grateful to Angela for all her passion, hard work and talent. Her legacy is tremendous and will always be a big part of the band's history. We feel great pride in what has been achieved in the past, but also look forward to new battles and new victories. We welcome Alissa with open arms - and we hope you will have open ears. We might have just created our most wicked metal opus yet with our upcoming album War Eternal!"

On March 20th, Arch Enemy will present the video for the album's title track, "War Eternal". Stay tuned for that.

[Also thanks to JD and DaMaGeR for sending in this news!]

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 17.03.2014 by bokimaniac

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 91   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 638 users
17.03.2014 - 19:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
This is not okay. I'm stunned.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.03.2014 - 19:46
SceneryOfLoss

Drama of the year?
17.03.2014 - 19:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Not really... As it seems to be all in good terms.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.03.2014 - 19:55
FeskarN

A big suprise for me. I wonder if Alissa will leave her other band now..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
PocketMetal

Yeah this is not a drama at all.
psykometal
A staff guy...
Maybe she means the Drama this will create among fans?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

17.03.2014 - 19:57
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by FeskarN on 17.03.2014 at 19:55

Sure already has. And they've announced her replacement as well. We'll have a news article up about it shortly.
----

17.03.2014 - 20:00
Reaper_Redeemer

The female beast is going back to its cave. too bad
17.03.2014 - 20:00
schlakt

Couldn't angela stayed with arch and alissa with the agonist! ): oh damn, hope it actually turns out good in the end...
17.03.2014 - 20:10
FeskarN

Written by psykometal on 17.03.2014 at 19:57

Written by FeskarN on 17.03.2014 at 19:55

Sure already has. And they've announced her replacement as well. We'll have a news article up about it shortly.

Oh, I didn't know. Thx for the update
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
17.03.2014 - 20:12
psykometal
A staff guy...
Of course she's hot. Bands like that aren't going to replace their former hot vocalist with a fugly porker.
----

17.03.2014 - 20:21
Erik M.

Written by psykometal on 17.03.2014 at 20:12

Of course she's hot. Bands like that aren't going to replace their former hot vocalist with a fugly porker.

Yet Angela herself is hideous (at least, to me she is).

This new singer is indeed damn hot.
17.03.2014 - 20:21
HellriderRising

What?
17.03.2014 - 20:29
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Erik M. on 17.03.2014 at 20:21

Yet Angela herself is hideous (at least, to me she is).

This new singer is indeed damn hot.

I always found Angela rather attractive, in a cougar sort of way.

In case you are unaware, that pic K7 posted isn't Alissa White-Gluz. Although Alissa is damn got too.
----

17.03.2014 - 20:30
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
What?????????????? 'o'
17.03.2014 - 20:30
Vombatus
Potorro
Band got 100% hotter, but I doubt of their capacity to make decent music. Also funny how they decided to continue with a growling-chick (at least she is better than Angela, which isn't hard actually ), but understandable since most of the bands fame was made around such thing...
17.03.2014 - 20:37
Erik M.

Written by psykometal on 17.03.2014 at 20:29

I always found Angela rather attractive, in a cougar sort of way.

In case you are unaware, that pic K7 posted isn't Alissa White-Gluz. Although Alissa is damn got too.

Well, tastes differ. I always found Angela unattractive, but Alissa is smoking hot. I googled her immediately and noticed the photo Edgar posted indeed isn't her. I don't understand why he tricks people like this... unless of course, he doesn't know it's not her.
17.03.2014 - 20:42
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Erik M. on 17.03.2014 at 20:37

I don't understand why he tricks people like this... unless of course, he doesn't know it's not her.

That's Alissa's replacement in The Agonist. He was likely responding to comments about her, not Alissa or Angela.
----

17.03.2014 - 20:47
Fearmeister
Account deleted
So they replaced their lame singer with another lame singer? Great.
17.03.2014 - 20:48
bblitz

This is horror of the year not drama.Angela was very special in the world of heavy music,
she was one of the first female vocalists in major metal band at the time,Ammott brothers knew
that she is something,you know,and that formula worked.I don't know about this new girl...
17.03.2014 - 20:51
BlueDragon

I'm sad... Speachless... Sad... Speachless...
17.03.2014 - 20:53
LascaillesShroud

I am happy for Angela, that she is able to do what she wants to do, be with her family and have the courage to do this. As an avid, and die-hard Arch Enemy fan I am deeply saddened as her voice and her lyrics are half of what I love most about Arch Enemy. Secondly, I love Alissa - but I do not feel her vocals are suitable replacements for Angela's, HER vocals and lyrics were half of what I liked most about The Agonist.
17.03.2014 - 20:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'm still processing it. Arch Enemy without Angela Gossow... Yes, it's difficult to assimilate. Some people didn't like her for many reasons, but I always did like her and saw myself in her.

Anyway... excuse me while I go listen to Wages Of Sin now and cry.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.03.2014 - 20:56
Migtanteot

What a surprise eh? but still ok. Actually, this new revived me the feeling of looking forward to Arch Enemy´s releases. I was getting bored but now I´m pretty interested in Alissa´s performance with them.
17.03.2014 - 20:58
I don't think I can get use to Angela no longer fronting Arch Enemy. And I can't believe that Alyssa left The Agonist
17.03.2014 - 21:25
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by SceneryOfLoss on 17.03.2014 at 19:46

Drama of the year?

This.
17.03.2014 - 21:39
Saeid

17.03.2014 - 21:48
theFIST

Written by BloodTears on 17.03.2014 at 20:53

I'm still processing it. Arch Enemy without Angela Gossow...

i think so far that was true for all their best albums
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
17.03.2014 - 21:51
SSM
Massacred
Meh... enjoyed AE in the old days with Johan Liiva more than any of their new albums.
17.03.2014 - 22:12
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Wow, that seems totally out of left field!

Especially the replacement announced so soon.. Don't think Alissa is that good of a fit either, she's not all that great of a Screamer and an especially bad Singer...

Hmph, guess we'll have to wait and see how this video turns out.
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Hits total: 8769 | This month: 11