Metal Storm logo
Avantgarde black metal

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 20.05.2006 - 18:18
Hi everyone.I am looking for some new bands to listen to.I am searching for something similar to Arcturus,Dodheimsgard or Ved Buens Ende.So if any of you has any idea please post it.
07.11.2006 - 17:44
FOOCK Nam
Written by Damnated on 16.10.2006 at 17:57

Written by Guest on 15.10.2006 at 02:44

Written by Damnated on 13.10.2006 at 18:31

what do you mean by 'defines avantgade?'

Are you seriously telling me you need me to answer this for you? I meant it gives a good definition, presents a good example of what "Avantgarde" should/could sound like...

if one album deines avantgarde, then everything else isn't avantgarde. Avantgarde is the term that can't be defined, as everything wich is new is avantgarde, and viceversa. Avantgarde doesn't have a familiar sound, nor a pattern.

aha, that's it. I know more something about Avant-garde.

By the way, I heard that Celtic Frost played something avant garde in late 80s
16.12.2006 - 08:35
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
The diabolical masquerade is the right band for you then,
I don't think Arcturus sounds much like the original black metal. ( I think the name 'original black metal' explains its meaning itself)
----
that which shines without names and forms...
19.12.2006 - 16:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by FOOCK Nam on 07.11.2006 at 17:44

Written by Damnated on 16.10.2006 at 17:57

Written by Guest on 15.10.2006 at 02:44

Written by Damnated on 13.10.2006 at 18:31

what do you mean by 'defines avantgade?'

Are you seriously telling me you need me to answer this for you? I meant it gives a good definition, presents a good example of what "Avantgarde" should/could sound like...

if one album deines avantgarde, then everything else isn't avantgarde. Avantgarde is the term that can't be defined, as everything wich is new is avantgarde, and viceversa. Avantgarde doesn't have a familiar sound, nor a pattern.

aha, that's it. I know more something about Avant-garde.

By the way, I heard that Celtic Frost played something avant garde in late 80s

Yeah that's right! Into the Pandemonium by Celtic Frost is THE Avantgarde album! Avantgarde metal was mentioned for the first time ever when that album came. At least that's what I've read, someone who question me?
----
19.12.2006 - 17:39
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 19.12.2006 at 16:56

Yeah that's right! Into the Pandemonium by Celtic Frost is THE Avantgarde album! Avantgarde metal was mentioned for the first time ever when that album came. At least that's what I've read, someone who question me?

Well Morbid tales was earlier, better , rawer and was an "Avant-garde" kind of thrash...
19.12.2006 - 17:57
Damnated
Churchburner
Anyone interested in avantgarde black metal should try out Eneth, from Italy. They released an album this year, and it is just amazing how diverse it sounds. Defenetly one of best albums in 2006.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.12.2006 - 22:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 19.12.2006 at 17:39

Well Morbid tales was earlier, better , rawer and was an "Avant-garde" kind of thrash...

That is true actually. Both Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion are "avantgarde thrash" albums, but I think they were called that after Into the Pandemonium was released, with that album the Avantgarde message really came through. But yes, you're right, Morbid Tales is probably the first album with some kind of Avantgarde metal
----
20.12.2006 - 06:58
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I highly recommend Transcending Bizarre?'s The Four Scissors. A very vague and unique album. I must confess that I have never heard anything like it.

Here's a link to their site. Just reading a few reviews will get you interested in this band.
Transcending Bizarre?
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
21.12.2006 - 17:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Transcending Bizarre - I kniw band but I hawnt listen it since I know Its band from Hellas Thessaloniki and I dunno, when I was checking Helleinic metal scene I coudnt found mp3
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2006 - 17:42
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Check the site, They have an mp3. Real good stuff.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
10.08.2007 - 07:12
selken
Irreligious
again, try Sigh, although later albums are focused in Heavy, there are still growling
----
24.09.2020 - 17:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
French band Abitbollus

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing