Metal Storm logo
Megadeth's Worst Album

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 20.01.2007 - 01:46
Well, as Awsome as Megadeth is they have also made some real crap in their day as well, as Much as I hate to say it there are some Loads and Reloads in Megadeths Discography. Now don't get me Wrong, I love these guys, but some of the albums they've made.......*Shiver.* When I heard the Song "Almost Honest" For the first time I though they were trying to do Beach rock. But My Vote still goes to Risk, because I used to own this album and I have to say it was one of the most disapointing listening experiences of my life. Now in my oppinion, "the System has failed" is not a bad album at all, in my eyes it is sort of a Redeeming point. The Song "Kick the Chair" I think even feels kinda thrashy, the solo definitly is. But I realize that some may feel that this is merely a continuance of their downward spiral. I have yet to hear United abominations but I have High hopes for it. I put other up because I realize that to some people even Killing is My Business could be considered their worst (Though they'd have to be on Acid :p ) and while I like the album Youthanasia, I could see someone voting it down as well.

Anyway, what do you think?

Poll

In your Oppinion, What is Megadeths Worst Album?

Risk
The World Needs a Hero
United Ambitions
Other
The System has Failed
Cryptic Writings

Total votes: 185
14.08.2007 - 01:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Isn't it United Abominations instead of Ambitions?

Anyway, I have never liked Megadeth, don't think I have ever heard an entire album. So I won't vote, cause you can't vote for all.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.08.2007 - 20:01
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Lucas on 14.08.2007 at 01:52

Isn't it United Abominations instead of Ambitions?

Anyway, I have never liked Megadeth, don't think I have ever heard an entire album. So I won't vote, cause you can't vote for all.

Yeah it's united abominations, but my dumb ass typed it in wrong when I made the thread, and now I can't edit the poll. Oh well, people will know what I mean.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
23.09.2007 - 05:56
Metal Freak

I'm going to have to break from the norm. "Risk" was pretty bad, but I actually thought "The World Needs a Hero" was even worse. I liked two songs on "Risk" ("Prince of Darkness", "Time: the Beginning"). I only liked one on "The World Needs a Hero" ("Return to Hangar 18"). I also thought that some of the filler material on "Risk" was a little more bearable than the filler material on "The World Needs a Hero" (with definite exceptions: "Seven" is my least favorite Megadeth song). "The World Needs a Hero" just bored me to tears.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
24.01.2008 - 21:59
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
RISK of course not very metal at all
----
Stay Metal !!!
24.01.2008 - 23:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Okay, I wrote that I liked Risk. Notice that I said that I'd only listened to it once, that was two years ago. I borrowed it from a friend a couple of days ago and thought it was shit. I guess my taste in Metal/Rock has evolved a lot in two years.
----
03.02.2008 - 17:23
Stigma
Account deleted
Risk obviously. It's boring, dull and godawful. A very lame try to get in the main$tream. Prince Of Darkness is a good track though.
03.02.2008 - 20:46
Smurfophagist

This poll is stupid. Risk Risk Risk Risk Risk Risk.
spamming is fun
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
04.02.2008 - 00:00
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.02.2008 at 20:46

This poll is stupid. Risk Risk Risk Risk Risk Risk.
spamming is fun

Well, sorry about that but I thought that it would be more debatable than this.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

06.02.2008 - 01:16
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Without a doubt... Risk is the worst!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
08.02.2008 - 20:16
stigma77
Account deleted
I didn´t vote cuz I think they haven't released a decent album since Countdown to Extinction.

They suffer from the Metallica Sindrome!!
14.02.2008 - 14:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I disagree....
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.02.2008 - 18:29
marillionfan
Account deleted
I disagree as well; I find Megadeth's post Countdown to Extinction albums more than decent - even Risk, an album which some like to hate and others hate to love.
14.02.2008 - 20:31
Lord TJ

I only have Megadeth Warchest and Greatest Hits, so I don't have much say in this which is why I didn't vote. When I saw this thread I was expecting United Abominations to have the highest vote because I always heard bad things about the album.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
14.02.2008 - 20:44
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 14.02.2008 at 20:31

I only have Megadeth Warchest and Greatest Hits, so I don't have much say in this which is why I didn't vote. When I saw this thread I was expecting United Abominations to have the highest vote because I always heard bad things about the album.

I actually haven't seen negative reviews about megadeth's last album. It's actually really good.
14.02.2008 - 20:50
Lord TJ

No not reviews, I mean people talking about it.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.02.2008 - 22:06
iaberis
Advice Troll
I liked Risk. A change once in a while isn't bad. I voted other - So Far So Good So What.
----
Bitch! Please
20.02.2008 - 04:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by iaberis on 15.02.2008 at 22:06

I liked Risk. A change once in a while isn't bad. I voted other - So Far So Good So What.

Wow, I can't believe someone would pick risk over So Far So Good, I mean, different strokes for different folks N all but, wow.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

20.02.2008 - 08:00
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Arian Totalis on 20.02.2008 at 04:43

Wow, I can't believe someone would pick risk over So Far So Good, I mean, different strokes for different folks N all but, wow.

If an album is not metal, it doesn't mean it's not good. See for example "Damnation" from Opeth...
----
Bitch! Please
21.02.2008 - 05:37
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by iaberis on 20.02.2008 at 08:00

If an album is not metal, it doesn't mean it's not good. See for example "Damnation" from Opeth...

I agree completely, I mean GZA's "liquid swords" album is simply genious. But I believe a bad album, no matter what the genre, is a bad album, especially compared to what is considered a classic from earlier in their discography. But this is only my own opinion, I mean, if you like risk, you like risk, do your thing man.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

21.02.2008 - 07:53
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Arian Totalis on 21.02.2008 at 05:37

I agree completely, I mean GZA's "liquid swords" album is simply genious. But I believe a bad album, no matter what the genre, is a bad album, especially compared to what is considered a classic from earlier in their discography. But this is only my own opinion, I mean, if you like risk, you like risk, do your thing man.

Yeah, probably compared to their other albums, it's not on the same level, but still I find it a decent album. Worst album compared to their others yes, but not a bad album overall.
----
Bitch! Please
21.02.2008 - 08:33
Harmonic
Account deleted
"United Ambitions" - the worst album that Megadeth never made!

Okay, I'll shut up now...
21.02.2008 - 14:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 21.02.2008 at 08:33

"United Ambitions" - the worst album that Megadeth never made!

Okay, I'll shut up now...

lol yeah, I know I know, but it's a little late to change that, I made this pole before the album was released and I misread the title of the album when I put up this thread. But anyway yeah, funny little mistake there.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

26.03.2008 - 19:19
Demonmayonnaise

Im gonna have to say risk. I liked United Abominations. The world needs a hero was pretty lame too.
30.03.2008 - 07:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

But that down for 2. I dont think theres a Megadeth album I dislike, just So Far So Good So What had nothing that stood out for me in any really good way, I actually found it kind of boring. I liked Risk. There, I said it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.03.2008 - 07:56
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Doc G. on 30.03.2008 at 07:06

But that down for 2. I dont think theres a Megadeth album I dislike, just So Far So Good So What had nothing that stood out for me in any really good way, I actually found it kind of boring. I liked Risk. There, I said it.

Your opinion, cool.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.07.2008 - 06:47
Metal Freak

Written by Arian Totalis on 21.02.2008 at 05:37

Written by iaberis on 20.02.2008 at 08:00

Wow. Never thought I'd find another GZA fan on here. Cool.

Anyway, I'm sticking with my guns. Risk sucked, but it was more bearable than The World Needs a Hero. Come out and admit it, people, "Prince of Darkness" is a cool song and you know it.

I'm still shocked by the So Far, So Good pick. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but did you really listen to "In My Darkest Hour" or "Hook in Mouth"? The album definitely had some weak material, but there was some killer stuff too.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
29.07.2008 - 06:28
Metal_Militia

//I thought cryptic writings was just aweful. To me it didnt sound like megadeth at all. To my ears at least, it was a complete disaster in terms of direction they took. Thank god they went back to their roots//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

30.07.2008 - 00:58
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
risk was awful. at least The World Needs a Hero had Return to Hangar on it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.07.2008 - 14:55
Skullwrecker
Account deleted
Risk is by far Megadeth's worst album and ranks one of metal's worst album's along with St.Anger lol
27.09.2008 - 15:20
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Risk was the first Megadeth i listen to. Thats why i dont like them.