Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Debut Video For New Song

After this week's changes, Arch Enemy fans must be really curious about the band's new material and also the new vocalist Alissa White-Gluz (ex-The Agonist). If you want to hear how she fits in with the band, check out their new song "War Eternal" and the video to go with it right now. What do you think about this first song?

This track is just a taste of what's to come on War Eternal, due on June 9th in Europe, June 10th in North America and June 4th in Japan. The War Eternal digital single cover was created by Gustavo Sazes, while Costin Chioreanu (twilight13media.com) is working on the album cover that will be presented soon.

The video is directed by Patric Ullaeus. German fans can watch it here.

Guitarist and band leader Michael Amott comments: "This is a day to remember. It is such a great feeling to come back with new music and to unleash the first single and video off War Eternal. Behold the first chapter of the new Arch Enemy saga... This is f**king war!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 20.03.2014 by BloodJuNkie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 409 users
20.03.2014 - 19:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Angela's looking hot these days.
20.03.2014 - 19:15
R Lewis

Alissa, with Elize Ryd, is one of the hottest chicks in metal

Oh, the track's not bad too.
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
20.03.2014 - 19:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Not as bad as I expected. It gets better when the chorus kicks in. I need more listens but I'm not totally put off by that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.03.2014 - 19:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Woah, to say this song is treading water would be an understatement. This is nowhere near the quality of the best Arch Enemy material, either with Johan or Angela fronting the band. Angela at her best, had real rage in her voice, and Alissa's growl is just hollow in comparison, and she also lacks the presence of her predecessor.

I had a hard time believing the band could do worse than "Khaos Legions", but if the rest of the new album is similar to what's on offer here, then I was presumptious to think that. lol Nice solos from Mike and Nick Cordie, shame that the song they're attatched to is so bland, and unmemorable...
20.03.2014 - 19:25
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I thought Cosmic Retribution was being played at first The chorus ruins it, but the rest of the song is not bad. She sounds just like Angela, I'm even doubting if she actually recorded the vocals since the announcement was so recent...
It would be really funny if people complain about her vocals not being as good as Angela's and then it turns out it's Angela singing on this track
20.03.2014 - 19:26
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Boring... both song and video.
20.03.2014 - 19:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Unhealer on 20.03.2014 at 19:25

I thought Cosmic Retribution was being played at first The chorus ruins it, but the rest of the song is not bad. She sounds just like Angela, I'm even doubting if she actually recorded the vocals since the announcement was so recent...
It would be really funny if people complain about her vocals not being as good as Angela's and then it turns out it's Angela singing on this track

When I said her vocals weren't as good as Angela's, I was talking about Angela at her best, not her vocals on their more recent output. lol

But even the vocals on "Khaos Legions" were superior to the vocals here, so if it is Angela, she's only deteriorated even more. I think it is Alissa though, not Angela. The vocal performance on "Wages Of Sin" is far superior to the vocals on this song, regardless of whether they're by Angela, or Alissa.
20.03.2014 - 19:34
ANGEL REAPER

I just hope that vocal tracks would be mixed a bit lover ,otherwise i have no objections ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.03.2014 - 19:48
Kais

Sounds pretty damn sharp, even to a person who stopped listening to death metal a few years ago like myself.
I wonder whether she will have a clean vocal part in the album as well? she did well in the clean vocals department with Kamelot.
20.03.2014 - 19:56
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.03.2014 at 19:29

When I said her vocals weren't as good as Angela's, I was talking about Angela at her best, not her vocals on their more recent output. lol

Don't worry, that wasn't aimed at you. However, now I see people coming up with an argument similar to yours in case they see themselves in the situation I mentioned
20.03.2014 - 19:57
theFIST

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.03.2014 at 19:34

I just hope that vocal tracks would be mixed a bit lover ,otherwise i have no objections ....

they have been too high ever since the band started changing to fit Gossow on Anthems of Rebellion
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
20.03.2014 - 20:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Unhealer on 20.03.2014 at 19:56
Don't worry, that wasn't aimed at you. However, now I see people coming up with an argument similar to yours in case they see themselves in the situation I mentioned

Where are people coming up with that? Nobody else here has said anything like that.
20.03.2014 - 20:08
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.03.2014 at 20:00

Where are people coming up with that? Nobody else here has said anything like that.

Not sure if I expressed myself correctly, I meant people could come up with a similar argument in case it happens to somebody and they don't want to admit they were wrong
20.03.2014 - 20:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Unhealer on 20.03.2014 at 20:08
Not sure if I expressed myself correctly, I meant people could come up with a similar argument in case it happens to somebody and they don't want to admit they were wrong

Oh I see! xD

Angela's vocals were great on the first couple of albums she did with AE, though from "Doomsday Machine" onwards, they started becoming more processed, and lost a bit of their power as a result. But even on the later albums, where her vocals weren't as good, she could still inject real rage into her vocals, and that's what appears to be lacking in the vocals to this song. If it is Angela, then it's the right thing that she left the band. If it's Alissa as I believe it most probably is, then what I said in my original post still stands.
20.03.2014 - 20:14
crucifiedjesus

Uninspired stuff. i havent enjoyed anything from arch enemy since anthems and looks like this will be another turd in the metal punchbowl.
20.03.2014 - 20:29
HardlyNight666

I can only hope that with the addition of Alissa and Nick that the new album isn't so stale and boring. Khaos was such a huge disappointment. This song at least featured a more complicated solo thanks to Nick but was still very structured which is very unlike songs from The Agonist and Arsis. Alissa only screaming is a bit strange, but I'm hopeful for the rest of the album.
20.03.2014 - 20:30
Alondate

Can i comment about anything else besides Alissa? If yes then i want to say that Nick Cordle is a great guitarist. I wonder why he departed from Arsis.

About song; same shit. Even vocals sounds like Angela's. So there is no problem with vocals or anything else. Just this time there is another chick.
20.03.2014 - 20:53
ANGEL REAPER

Written by theFIST on 20.03.2014 at 19:57

they have been too high ever since the band started changing to fit Gossow on Anthems of Rebellion

yes but in this case they could be somewhat lower ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.03.2014 - 20:56
theFIST

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 20.03.2014 at 20:53

Written by theFIST on 20.03.2014 at 19:57

yes but in this case they could be somewhat lower ...

they could have been ever since
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
20.03.2014 - 22:00
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Great riff
20.03.2014 - 22:28
FB_10
Account deleted
Vocalist is cool, track is Booooring:/
20.03.2014 - 22:35
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
To even imply that Alissa would be making her vocal debut with a band like Arch Enemy by *lip syncing* to the former vocalist is preposterous, since she does "harsh vocals" most of the time anyway. I believe I know the sound of her voice enough because she's an awesome enough figure in music that I've tried to get into the Agonist, but the whole metalcore thing just didn't do it for me. Having said that, I have been pleased that she has contributed to great stuff like Kamelot, even as an unofficial member. So her joining a band that isn't so "hip" as her former focus and much more classic metal derivative does please me. I'm still weighing my opinion on the new song, though. I have a feeling I'll be into this era. \m/
20.03.2014 - 22:36
Methuselah

I like the song. Arch Enemy seems to have not changed very much, I think they've found that formula they're sticking with, overall vocals it isn't bad, but it isn't Angela. I guess it's time to embrace the new days.
20.03.2014 - 22:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
That is most certainly Alissa doing vocals. Her higher pitched scream right before the solo section was bitchin', she should do that more. I actually liked what I heard hear for the most part. It was a bit generic, but the lead melodies were nice, I enjoyed Alissa's voice (she growls a little deeper here than typical in The Agonist), and the solo section was very welcome, as well as the melodies after the solo section.

It's not likely to top Angela's first 3 Arch Enemy albums for me, but I have a feeling it will be better than Tyrant and Legions.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

20.03.2014 - 22:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 20.03.2014 at 19:14
Angela's looking hot these days.

Yeah, after the sex change operation she looks gorgeous!
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.03.2014 - 22:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.03.2014 at 22:51

Oh, buurrrn.
20.03.2014 - 22:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I'd love to hear clean singing... Just to watch the the fans' world BURN.
Also... The song was ok and the vocals are as I expected them to be (then again, I already like The Agonist, so).

Written by Guest on 20.03.2014 at 22:52

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.03.2014 at 22:51

Oh, buurrrn.

Thank you. I have my moments.
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.03.2014 - 23:02
euronymous

Boring, too boring
20.03.2014 - 23:03
Coolingsrock

I still can't believe she is in Arch Enemy. I wonder if she's still going to do stuff like A Cappella
21.03.2014 - 00:00
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Not bad, the solo is cool. But i need more stuff so i can judge on Alissa with Arch Enemy!

Hits total: 7013 | This month: 7