Metal Storm logo
40 Watt Sun - Announce New Album Plans

Doom metallers 40 Watt Sun have confirmed that the writing is complete for their new album, and that this month they have begun recording it, the follow-up to 2011's The Inside Room. The recordings will take place in Wales throughout the spring and summer and will be, once again, self-produced by the band. 40 Watt Sun have played a handful of intimate shows over the past six months, showcasing tracks that will appear on the new album.

Vocalist and guitarist Patrick Walker commented: "The songs for this album have been written over the course of the past twelve months. Though a natural progression from the last record, this time the music is more texturally varied and I've tried to allow an even greater spontaneity to the songwriting."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: 40 Watt Sun
Posted: 28.03.2014 by Demerzel

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 82 users
28.03.2014 - 19:18
Alondate

Great news!
28.03.2014 - 20:04
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Fucking great
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
28.03.2014 - 23:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
"more texturally varied and I've tried to allow an even greater spontaneity to the songwriting."

I have no idea what this could mean. Intredasting.
28.03.2014 - 23:34
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Very excited to see this is happening. Anything from Pat Walker will be great.
29.03.2014 - 06:10
Diverge

I can't wait. I'm a big fan of The Inside Room and knowing Pat, he'll deliver the goods once again.
27.10.2015 - 20:53
Skøllgrim
Northern
Saw the band live the 17th, it was an amazing gig. All but one song they performed were new, and they sounded great!
I can't wait for this record to be released.
19.03.2016 - 16:24
slim pickings
Account deleted
I'll definitely give it a chance.

Hits total: 2089 | This month: 4