Metal Storm logo
Metal Storm 10th Anniversary Anthology Awards

As has been mentioned, 2014 marks the 10th Anniversary of the Metal Storm Awards. A decade of us - staff and users alike - crowning kings for their efforts. Over 10 years we've had the privilege and pleasure of checking out a LOT of awesome albums.

As part of our celebration we decided to acknowledge the best albums we've heard in the past decade.

Much blood was shed as staff put on the foil and went to battle with one another to represent, pimp, and promote their personal favorites.
Now we need your help in voting for what you consider the landmark albums. The best of the best. The Legends.

So check out our nominees and cast your ballot. (link removed since the prank is done)

Metal Storm Staff
Posted: 01.04.2014 by BitterCOld

Comments page 4 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 117   Visited by: 562 users
01.04.2014 - 23:54
Reaper_Redeemer

Bestest of the bestest of the bestest
k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m k o r p i k l a a n i s p a m

you kiddin me? :S

( superb aprils fool joke gj )
02.04.2014 - 00:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Auntie Sahar on 01.04.2014 at 23:43

Written by Spirit Molecule on 01.04.2014 at 12:20

Last year was the time all the MSers sent PM's to the staff? I can't remember

Rodrigo (Mr. Doctor) started a thread encouraging people to post in their native languages, and for a good two days almost everyone was

Spirit isn't wrong though. The staff got double crossed by a couple of our own men who encouraged users to annoy the hell out of the rest of the staffers with PMs. It worked perfectly as everyone (me as well) fell for it hahahaha. This proves that not even the staff/elite are safe from this.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.04.2014 - 00:10
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.04.2014 at 00:02

Spirit isn't wrong though. The staff got double crossed by a couple of our own men who encouraged users to annoy the hell out of the rest of the staffers with PMs. It worked perfectly as everyone (me as well) fell for it hahahaha. This proves that not even the staff/elite are safe from this.

Haha, I remember sending a PM to Joe, something about him being gay or along those lines.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
02.04.2014 - 00:14
ANGEL REAPER

i love first of april
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
02.04.2014 - 03:50
Reverend X

The Bestest Black Metal Album.
So here's how I vote for this category.

I not much of a Burzum fan. Won't get my vote.
Semargl? Part of the joke right?
Oooops! Sorry COB I didn't vote you again.

So I'm torn between Dimmu Borgir and Gorgoroth. But since this a Black Metal Category and not Symphonic Black...
02.04.2014 - 04:12
wormdrink414

Hadn't listened to Semargl till now. I think. Definitely hope I'm capable of repressing the memory of it.
02.04.2014 - 04:14
Reverend X

The Bestest Thrash Metal Album.

I do have lots of trust and respect for the MS Staff. But I fell like they totally mess this up. Metallica, Shadows Fall, Trivium?... come on. And I'm left with no choice but to pick between Anthrax and MEGADEATH. Worship Music is better than Super Collider.

If only there is a write-in vote. I would vote Slayer's World Painted Blood. The song "Americon" still stuck in my head.
02.04.2014 - 04:38
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress

The staff got double crossed by a couple of our own men who encouraged users to annoy the hell out of the rest of the staffers with PMs. It worked perfectly as everyone (me as well) fell for it hahahaha. This proves that not even the staff/elite are safe from this.

That's what makes it so fun
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
02.04.2014 - 05:09
Reverend X

The Bestest Progressive Metal.

Wait a minute. I believe that nominated albums would come from the last decade. If so. Why does Master of Puppets is on this list? Was Master of Puppets re-issued?

Anyway It still gets my vote. If it wasn't nominated here. I would be picking Dream Theater or Geoff Tate's Queensryche.
02.04.2014 - 05:13
Mattybu

Written by Reverend X on 02.04.2014 at 05:09

The Bestest Progressive Metal.

Wait a minute. I believe that nominated albums would come from the last decade. If so. Why does Master of Puppets is on this list? Was Master of Puppets re-issued?

Master of Puppets was released in 2004. Most of the stuff you read on the internet about early Metallica is complete nonsense, in fact. band's just another tool the illuminati use to make money.
02.04.2014 - 06:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious

I definitely didn't see that... it must have happened during one of my barren spells on the forums.
02.04.2014 - 08:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
The fact of the matter is when are the results?
02.04.2014 - 09:04
R Lewis

Oh well, I remember it. I annoyed Barry with a Freedom Call track, I think
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
02.04.2014 - 09:45
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.04.2014 at 12:05

The only memorable April Fools "prank" here I can recall, was being rickrolled anytime you tried to enter a thread.

The upside down thing? I'd forgotten about that.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
02.04.2014 - 12:46
rpsgc

Needs more Manowar.
02.04.2014 - 15:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by M C Vice on 02.04.2014 at 09:45

The only memorable April Fools "prank" here I can recall, was being rickrolled anytime you tried to enter a thread.

It was weird. I remember I woke up at 8, checked out some updates before leaving for Uni(forgetting it was April pranks day). Seeing my MS window going upside down and was like "fuck?" and realised it's 1st April.
02.04.2014 - 17:16
HyperDrifter

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.04.2014 at 15:24

Written by M C Vice on 02.04.2014 at 09:45

It was weird. I remember I woke up at 8, checked out some updates before leaving for Uni(forgetting it was April pranks day). Seeing my MS window going upside down and was like "fuck?" and realised it's 1st April.

I remember this one, I thought my computer broke
02.04.2014 - 17:26
HyperDrifter

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 01.04.2014 at 21:18

Time 2 ain't even out yet

This:

Quote:
For eight years we heard how awesome Time was going to be. So without hearing any of this we've made an executive decision that whatever eventually gets recorded, whenever it gets put out, will undoubtedly be so amazingly awesome that we've just cleared a spot for it in advance.
02.04.2014 - 20:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Time 2 and Master of Puppets were included, and Megadeth's Super Collider was tagged "Supper Collider" as, invariably, in every single one of our 10 MSA's now, someone butchers a band or album name in the write-in process, and there are always write-ins for stuff released decades ago.

Not only was this a poke at albums that, uh, underperform, or albums that are somehow heralded despite being rather pedestrian, it was also a poke at what we've witnessed from our users during the MSA's.

Same with posting albums in clearly the wrong category. I wanted to post one album in every category because some acts end up getting written in 4-5 different categories when we've already got them as one of the 10 nominees in a genre.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.04.2014 - 22:32
Uldreth

Written by BitterCOld on 02.04.2014 at 20:06

I wanted to post one album in every category

That should have been MoP for obvious reasons hahah.
02.04.2014 - 23:27
Lehctim

I love how some people thought this was for cereal
02.04.2014 - 23:27
Lehctim

But for cereal whoevers in charge of this shit should make a real one, thatd be a good time
03.04.2014 - 04:14
bj_waters

Written by Lehctim on 02.04.2014 at 23:27

I love how some people thought this was for cereal

Yeah, some of them were Total Cereal, weren't they?
03.04.2014 - 06:48
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by BitterCOld on 02.04.2014 at 20:06

Same with posting albums in clearly the wrong category. I wanted to post one album in every category because some acts end up getting written in 4-5 different categories when we've already got them as one of the 10 nominees in a genre.

Like whoever that silly was that wrote in Ride The Lightning in every category this time (not that it was a nominee, but you get the idea).
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.04.2014 - 11:00
R Lewis

Written by Auntie Sahar on 03.04.2014 at 06:48

Like whoever that silly was that wrote in Ride The Lightning in every category this time (not that it was a nominee, but you get the idea).

That made me laugh, for how much idiot it was
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
04.04.2014 - 12:51
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by R Lewis on 03.04.2014 at 11:00

Written by Auntie Sahar on 03.04.2014 at 06:48

That made me laugh, for how much idiot it was

I voted that in as my drama of the year.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
04.04.2014 - 15:03
Bugman

Not sure about which band got the "award" for Folk Metal...:P

Hits total: 6232 | This month: 8