‹‹ Back to the General forum Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Users visited: 91  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by no one on 03.04.2014 at 09:58
Here's where to talk about all the current affairs happening at home and around the world. Instead of a slew of different threads like there seem to be at the moment, i thought it might be better to just have the one thread.

I'll start off with "deep sea drilling and mining exploration"

A lot of country's around the world do it and make millions, recently big oil company's like Anadarko have been given the go ahead to explore a MASSIVE area of New Zealand, also access to conservation land.

I do like the idea of them striking oil and our country becoming wealthy, but will it,or will they? (the guys on top).

Also there's the issue of our country's reputation of being "clean and green" being stained, but more importantly i know that if something happened like in Mexico, we would be DOOOMED! and i don't really want our conservation land mined, it's all we got going for us.

Anyway wouldn't mind hearing the opinions from some of you who also live in beautiful country's, like Norway for instance, places that have beautiful scenery but have gone mad on mining and deep sea drilling....how has it affected the country?

...yeah i know my grammar sux

Page 4 of 4

deadone
Mainstream Whore

17.07.2014 at 09:49
Written by no one on 17.07.2014 at 09:48

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.07.2014 at 09:26

Some days I wish someone would just push a red button in some underground facility and wipe us all out. Or that Bruce Willis and his roughnecks never destroyed that asteroid.

i really do reckon nature will have it's way and fuck us all up eventually

Only problem is everything else that we'll wipe out in the process.
Ilham
attention whore*

17.07.2014 at 16:33
Written by deadone on 17.07.2014 at 09:49

I don't consider that a problem. You can't apply morals to that. There is no good or bad in the fact the dinosaurs got wiped out. It just happened. We value life because we are alive and want to hang on to it. But life is just an active chemical state. The reduction of that activity to zero shouldn't raise any moral questions.

I'm saying that but I'm still going to buy shoes tomorrow.
no one

17.07.2014 at 21:28
Hows that Malaysian plane going down...damn!
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

17.07.2014 at 21:34
Written by no one on 17.07.2014 at 21:28

I think plane lost its place anyway but missile teared it apart.

Sad to see those debris flying away and burnt dead bodies loitered everywhere.
----
Ernis
狼獾

18.07.2014 at 21:23
Written by no one on 17.07.2014 at 21:28

The guess would be that it somehow entered a zone where planes bomb towns and towns bring the planes down with missiles... it's already tragic enough that people have been dying on land in the country... people for whom this is a war they never wanted... and more people died... victims who had even less to do with this entire conflict... and somewhere not that far away kids are being blasted to chunks on the beach...

What can I say... it breaks my heart... I want to close my eyes and ears and I want to ignore the fact that blind and poisoned people on the internet are blaming people from conveniently chosen nationality and chanting for each other's annihilation... "The RUSSIANS/UKRAINIANS/JEWS did it! NUKE'EM ALREADY!" It looks like some people see terrorists everywhere... someone somewhere sees me as a terrorist... Just because I live in a certain place on earth...

Why do people want people they don't know to die because of what they read on the papers? I met Ukrainians today... I met Russians today... I met Jewish people today... I talked to them... they were all normal people... good and lovely people, each one with their little life and people dear to them... why the hell should I ever want their fellow countrymen to die and suffer because someone has written somewhere or told somewhere that they want to conquer someone or expand their power or annihilate someone... I see people... and I do not hold people responsible for their political leaders' crimes... and no one can say that "but people have elected these leaders"... I haven't personally elected ours and I don't believe it's much different in many other places...

The worst thing I've read in a local comment section was: "Bloody hell! Our neighbours are such dickheads! Let's just have that fucking war already. If need be, we'll bleed but at least we'll have made a statement and earned some respect!"

I don't want to live together in the same country with people like that. I'll be blunt and honest... and I am sure as hell that for someone who holds such views, I am a traitor/terrorist/leftist/anarchist/satanist or whatever he thinks justifies his hatred for me... just because I do not want to hate a group of people or a nation that he has learnt to despise... And that's the point... you don't hate just like that, out of the blue... you hate because you learn to do so or because you are taught to do so. You are taught to see the others as something undesirable and less human. When you're naive enough to buy that, then you know very well what happens... and when people are subject to such "mental treatment" on a massive scale, then there's no wonder things like wars, massacres and genocides happen... if people don't participate in these crimes directly, then they will just let this happen because "it's got to be right... there is no other way... this is what has been said, right?"

I hope people will let love in one day...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
deadone
Mainstream Whore

21.07.2014 at 02:03
Damn those airlines for wanting to be so cheap! Flying over a warzone to save some money is disgusting. They should've known better especially as the Ukrainian airforce has already lost maybe a dozen various aircraft to rebel SAMs.
moonflash

25.07.2014 at 21:48
Written by deadone on 17.07.2014 at 09:49

The only thing that would bother me if the human race were to be made extinct would be that what could've been if our planet wasn't full of egomaniacal monkeys hell bent on killing each other over pieces of land and justifying murder with some twisted ideology or marketable idea. We could've been like one of those galactic empires venturing out into the universe and colonizing planets and all the other extraterrestrial races would marvel at our great civilzation, our history, arts and culture and learn from us. And we'd learn about their culture and live together in harmony.
But alas, I don't think that is meant to be, looking at the current state of affairs and the tragedy of the human condition.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
Akram

26.07.2014 at 21:49
Written by Ernis on 18.07.2014 at 21:23

I see people... and I do not hold people responsible for their political leaders' crimes... and no one can say that "but people have elected these leaders"... I haven't personally elected ours and I don't believe it's much different in many other places...

Same here, I've always felt that governments don't represent its people and I ask myself "who did elect the leaders responsible for these governments?! and then I realize those people I'm taking about are not the majority. Aha, so let's rephrase it "Democratic governments represent the majority of its people." hmm, maybe! and then I remember H. L. Mencken's quote "Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."
----
To die, to be really dead, that must be glorious!
There are far worse things awaiting man than death.
deadone
Mainstream Whore

28.07.2014 at 02:44
Governments do represent their people.

And even in cases like Iraq, there was clearly either support for war or general not giving a toss about it in USA and Europe. After all George W. Bush was reelected in 2004, haviung invaded Iraq in 2003 and Afghanistan in 2001. That shows either lack of interest in wars or support for them.
Ernis
狼獾

28.07.2014 at 17:46
Written by deadone on 28.07.2014 at 02:44

Governments do represent their people.

I don't know... I personally don't really feel represented. But maybe it's because I don't read the newspapers (I do read them but with scepticism)... If you meant that governments represent their people by "protecting" them from the "enemies" they have "created" then, yes... you have a point there...

Today I read some articles about the 100th anniversary of WW1... it's not really discussed in this particular region... mainly because WW2 hit the Baltics in a more direct and devastating manner and had a long and lasting effect on local life.
It was a somewhat amusing read... you see, before and during the First world war, the Baltics were provinces of the Russian Empire, populated by the natives and the Baltic German nobility... The propaganda saw the main enemy in Germans... Germans were evil, local Baltic Germans were potential spies and traitors... the natives had the hard feelings caused by the centuries long German colonisation so you might guess that everyone really bought the "Nothing good to expect from the Germans!" way of thinking...

Fast forward 100 years... it's the same... just replace "Russian Empire" with "NATO/US" and "Germans" with "Russians" and "German colonisation" with "Soviet occupation"... (come to think of it... Germany does not even exist any more because modern Germany is not a world power as it used to be in the 20th century)... there is no collective memory... memory itself seems to be really short because every generation only remembers the most recent bully... everything that occurred before, simply didn't happen (unless it's dug out by the media in order to instil some particular way of thinking in people) "So THEY are blablabla because THEY did blablabla to US!" People stop seeing people behind the collective term coined by the media... in Russian media, Europe is "Gayrope" (you know... everyone's gay here, we all like Conchita Wurst and pink clothes and fuss about LGBT rights) so, according to some, we deserve a good beating... (the fun thing is that Estonians love the Russians thanks to their mutual gay-hate... this is what really unites them)

Fuck the what with people constantly needing someone to hate, accuse, and be afraid of... Fear is an excellent way of keeping masses under control. Just threaten the population with some external or/and internal enemy and they will eat shit from your palm... yes, the governments make people believe and feel that they represent them... I don't support blind and unquestioned chauvinism...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
deadone
Mainstream Whore

Today at 01:52
Written by Ernis on 28.07.2014 at 17:46

Fuck the what with people constantly needing someone to hate, accuse, and be afraid of... Fear is an excellent way of keeping masses under control. Just threaten the population with some external or/and internal enemy and they will eat shit from your palm... yes, the governments make people believe and feel that they represent them... I don't support blind and unquestioned chauvinism...

Thing is the masses like a scapegoat - they buy into it big time. Hence hatred of Jews or ethnic Chinese in SE Asia or blacks in Southern USA or whatever.

We accuse governments of being evil and manipulative, but governments are made up of people. They tend to reflect the mainstream values of societies. If governments, even dictatorial ones, fail to represent the values of their people, they get unelected or toppled.

Hate to bring up Nazi Germany, but it's a great example. The Nazis appealed to a lot of German values of the day: sense of betrayal at Versailles, hatred of Jews (certainly not a Nazi invention), fear of Communism and German nationalism which was a driving force in German society before there was a Germany (i.e. Prussia). The people were in turn further influenced by the Nazis and who as they joined the Nazi movement or participated in German society, influenced the Nazi party (destruction of SA was a great example of Nazis being influenced by mainstream values).
deadone
Mainstream Whore

Today at 03:15
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10994971/Pakistani-mob-kills-two-children-including-a-baby-and-their-grandmother-after-blasphemous-Facebook-post.html

Ahh Pakistan - one of the most vile countries on the planet. Mobs slaughter a baby, a 7 year old girl and their grandmother because someone from their faith published "blashpemous" stuff on Facebook.

Personally I'd round up all these guys into a quarry and lace into them with machineguns and then leave their bodies for the vultures, even if they're still alive and wounded.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.